Doddridge County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks WV Mineral Owner. I’ll keep checking my mail. As long as Somebody Pays…

Arnold & Nancy,

For what it is worth, today I received the required documentation for Automatic Deposit authorization from Antero Resources, in reference to my six CNX wells that have been conveyed. The adage of assumption aside, I feel confident in assuming payment will be forthcoming, either with the Sept 28 or Oct 28 royalty payment.

Hi Arnold, we have some Ritchie wells with CNX and it has been at least 2 pay periods since I heard about the sale. Still from CNX. No infor otherwise.

Hello I got my letter from CNX in August and I spoke with Antero last week. I have 6 wells that were CNX and are now Antero. Antero told me that my royalties from the Oxford 1 which was CNX will now be on my September check along with my regular Antero check which is automatically deposited into my checking account. All the interests in all of my wells even the ones not fracked yet, when they are an turned into production all of them will be on the same check now. I get my check on the 31st or 30th depends on what month it is but for September it should be deposited on the 30th. and I can check the information that comes along with it. It will tell which month and well name.

What sort of leasing terms and bonus should I be looking for on producing wells in central district, Doddridge co? Oil and Gas company knew ownership was being contested in court but went ahead and signed a bunch of illegitimate leases. Since I won the case they are now drilling and producing oil and gas on my mineral property without a valid lease. I will be seeing an attorney on this but wanted an early indication of what type of position I’m in. Thanks

Jeff,

If OGM is being produced on a parcel(s) that you own, without a lease, you are completely in the drivers seat and can ask for whatever you wish. The production company has significant monies invested in the well and you have the ability to shut the production off for 2 1/2 - 4 years by filing a suit, et al.

I hope the attorney you are meeting with, specializes in the OGM industry and knows the ins & outs.

Good Luck!!!

Jeff,

I signed a lease modification this afternoon, which admittedly is more generous than the norm, but received an 18% royalty, based on Gross with NO Deductions. I suspect if the numbers you quote are accurate, you will be able to get that royalty without any major issues.

I have sent you a Friend Request on the site.

Sean,

Not knowing your financial position in life, I would not presume to tell you to sell or retain your mineral interest.

Do you have relatives from West Virginia that you may have inherited a mineral interest? I found a Sean M Britton in the county records, but it may not be you.

Sean,

There are numerous 100 acre tracts, I am trying to determine the exact parcel and what percentage you own. I located your Aunt’s Will, but since you have never been taxed, there are concerns that come to mind.

Sean,

I would suggest you call Chad Johnson’s office and ask for the specific Tax Map & Parcel Number for the parcel in question.

Sean,

If you decide to sell, I would be interested in making a Fair Market Value offer.

Good Luck

Sean,

That offer is Extremely Low, which is common from Chad Johnson / TenMile. I would line the bird cage with his offer.

Also for last month when we were talking about Antero buying out CNX. After I got my letter from CNX saying all royalties will now be paid by ANTERO. Last month the CNX I had was added onto my Antero check so this really did go threw. Thanks

I should have the abstraction work done this week and plan to see if I can get in to see Mr. Nuttall. I’ve plats of the wells/units and looked through the declaration of pooling notices and production numbers up to this year. I have interest in 5 units and own 70% of the mineral land in one and about 30% in the others.

I have been following this Forum for several years but something happened to me that I have not seen, I will try and explain : I received a call from EQT wanting to lease a partial, terms were 15% royalty and $3500.00 ac, sounds ok right, however when I asked for the map and partial number, it was for a partial that I had leased to Antero in 2014, they said that could not be, so I told them to send me the lease and we would talk about it. Well the lease came and no mention of the 15% Royalty, only 1/8 in the bed of the lease, so I called them back and they sent me a Addendum with the correct (15%) I had also asked for a Market Enhancement Clause, which they would not do, also,I did verify that I had leased this partial with Antero. I sent them a copy of lease from Antero and they called back and said to read "The Right of First Refusal Clause’, bottom line is that they wanted me to do a “TOP LEASE” WITH THEM, so by this time I am feeling very uncomfortable about the whole thing, and it fact the EQT lease is going in the waste basket. Now have any of you out there signed a Top Lease and what has your experience been???

1 Like

Sean,

I will try to locate and determine the exact number of acres involved, using your Aunt’s name / county records.

I sent you a friend request on this site, if you open your INBOX you will find it.

You were talking about selling your interest. Not sure I would do that I have three separate tracks I have inherited and two are producing good about $12,000 leveled out to a month and still have 4 more wells that are drilled and just waiting to be fracked. If you are in Doddridge I would hold off. Antero and EQT to name a couple over there are going crazy.

Sean, I looked up where Yeagers Run is in Doddridge, and if you look at the map that is part of this county group, look at the western side of the county, and see where there is almost a 90 degree angle about in the middle of the western edge. On the north side, about where the angle is, lies Yeager’s run, almost on the border between Doddridge and Ritchie, to the west of Doddridge. On the Ritchie side, there is a lot of activity in the vicinity of the county line, so I expect things on the Doddridge side are either active or becoming that way.

If you go the West Virginia Office of Oil and Gas map search site

and put in 01706772

you will see that it runs through Yeager Run. That is an Antero well. If your interest were in it you would know it! Your interest is probably nearby.

Do you have other relatives that you know, related to your aunt or perhaps to her parents (more distant cousins)? If you can contact them, and join forces, you’ll do better when the time comes to lease.

I agree that the first offer is very low. Unless you are in a hurry to sell, you might want to hang on to this interest. Read as much as you can on this forum.

This is a link to the Doddridge online records. Not complete but you might find a name or two in there that is familiar.

I have recommended attorneys on this forum, if you want to search my name and look for links, I put lots of links! including for some attorneys that I know or know of who do good work at oil and gas in the vicinity of Doddridge. Nobody that I know of in Doddridge, but nearby. When it is time to think about a lease you should take the time to talk with an attorney about negotiating for you. A good attorney knows what the companies are likely to offer with leases, and can get you a better lease and more money than you would on your own.

Start researching!

If the buyers found you the companies (probably Antero) is going to be able to find you.

If you have information on how you are the heir to your aunt (through a will for example) you might want to file a simple affidavit of heirship, that you are the heir of your aunt.

Here is another link: Doddridge tax listings

you could look around there for names you recognize and see if you find something that looks familiar. Perhaps somebody in your extended family is paying the taxes on the mineral interest on this.

Anyway I recommend doing as much research as you can, and be prepared when the company approaches you. Get as much info as you can from the people who want to buy.

Sean,

Have you heard anything back from your earlier email in reference to the specific parcel?