Doddridge County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I just signed two DO for Antero the first part of June. They told me my checks would start in about a month (so I am guessing JULY). He also told me that my first two checks, ( two units) would be for two months of pay. FEBRUARY and MARCH I believe.

Katrina, After receiving D.O. I have waited three months, however most are paid within two months. If you don’t mind, what wells came in for you?? I am waiting for D.O’s on several wells, so just curious.

Katrina,

If you reference the WVDEP website, you will discover when production began on any well(s). I too just signed DOs with Antero in June and the wells began production, (Reported to WVDEP by Antero) 14 months ago.

Hopefully you are in a fortunate position with your well and are not the norm for the delay. Congrats on the new wells, don’t forget to save a larger percentage of your royalty for taxes.

Katrina,

Congrats on the first payment! Happy to hear you are using an accountant and paying estimated quarterly taxes. There are countless stories of people that failed to realize the pending tax liability and were forced to sell their interests because they had not planned properly.

Cheers

Arnold the Banner and Tabor on the Tyler and Dodd county line, actually I think the well in in Tylor but my interest lies in Doddridge. I signed one DO on June 1 and the other on June 14. I got a check for the first DO on FRIDAY June 30 so it did come within that month. I called Antero on Friday and they said that was just for the first DO, the other one had not be processed yet . But he told me in July on the 30th both of mine would be deposited I guess because it was already mid June before I signed the second one, which that makes sense.

WV Mineral Owner, as far as the TAXES, my accountant has my Fed. and State Taxes set up to where I pay them every three months throughout the year that way I don’t have one large amount to pay at the end of the year. So I don’t have to worry about taken out for taxes, with my other wells we started this about four years ago and it works out GREAT.

Thanks!!

Yes I agree, but I have a primitive shop too plus work full-time still yet and my husband works full time. so it is all four incomes together and paying quarterly is best

what is the number for antero in Colorado, or where ever you call to get answers on wells?

Dale, I have several numbers, first one is the main office # in Denver, 303-357-7310, I have also talked with Susan at 3033574125, also 3033576819-ask for Mary Beth. Now, before you call be prepared to give them your Customer #, Where well is located, Well # if you have it, State and County and even District, they don’t ask for blood type or ssn but want to know most everything else about you,ha,ha. and GOOD LUCK.

In regards to Doddridge County Court: The case is now closed but in my disagreement with ARC the portion of land i owned as partitioned. The court ordered ARC to make a deposit with the Court Receiver for the amount due myself and several others. The closest I received in regards to instructions telling me how t obtain my due funds was for me to “Command the Court” to release the funds due me. Of course no instructions were given as to how to make said command.

I have tried to contact the law firm representing ARC and was given a run around. Basically it was the old “You are not our client, therefore…”

Someone at the physical court building told me that the Court Receiver had retired and that I would have to call him at home and request he make out a check in my name. Talk about back in the woods, court business being carried out by a retired court officer at home!

I finally received the name “D. Moore” and was given a phone number. However, when I called the number the phone receiver at the other end of the call was lifted but all I heard was my voice (echo). I am thinking this is because I called using a cell phone and the signal was being scattered about the “flat land” West Virginia as another person I talked to in WV told me there was a strong echo coming from my end.

Anyone have an idea as to how I go about obtaining the funds due me? The Court cashed the check from ARC back on May 19 and here it is the end of June and I have not received my funds.

Dale,

those are both currently leased. that being said those 9999 numbers are of no help. I can help you locate those if you would like. shoot me a message when you get a chance

Hi Dale, Nancy is right. What I can add is the place to call is the Assessor’s office, even though the tax office is on the ticket they don’t seem to have the answers. They just collect the tax. The Assessor’s office breaks it all down and decides what tax to charge according to the info given to them from the O&G companies from 2 years prior, which came from the title searches they did to create the division orders for payment. The number for the Assessor’s office is 304-873-1261. When I called the lady was nice and although she didn’t know exactly where the property was, she did say that the set of numbers after the 05 indicated the year and the well number. Your numbers may be a little bit different, so you may have to ask her. She was able to look up the wells and tell me the name of them, which confirmed to me that these were the same wells we had signed division orders for.

Dale,

The parcels in question were originally assessed to Betty L Oliverio and it looks as if they were conveyed to her by the Will of Armour J Smith. I found two leases that Armour J Smith signed, Lease Book 67, Page 73 and Lease Book 68, Page 376. I found two deeds that I believe correspond to these parcels, Deed Book 125, Page 515 and Deed Book 158, Page 723.

I do not know if those leases are still in effect, but it is a starting point to look. I believe the parcels were originally assessed as 82.25 and 75 acres, but you would need to do more in depth research to verify that information.

The Will of Betty L Oliverio was recorded on July 25, 2015, so it may take another year before the parcels are no longer assessed to Betty. Another place to search to determine if there has been production / royalty on these parcels, is the final IRS tax returns for Betty and/or her estate.

Good luck

Hey just checking has anyone heard the rumor that Antero is buying out CNX? I have a pad in Doddridge by CNX and have been getting royality since 2015. Also they drilled a 7 well pad in Doddridge the OXFORD 97 all wells are drilled but in 2015 they said they were waiting until 2017 to frac. Well called about two months ago and CNX division order department told me they did not have it on record to frac yet. Well then about two weeks later I was told Antero was considering buying them out and this is not a overnight project and I am sure the DO lady would not be someone to know this. So I was just wondering if this might be the reason for the delay in fracing, since its beside or close to my other pad the Oxford 1 and its a good one so thought maybe this is why CNX has not fracked it yet. Just fishing to see if anyone may have heard the same rumor. This was a rumor about the same time EQT bought out RICE in June.

Thanks!!

Katrina Posey

So today I got my tax slips for my part of my mineral rights…

one says map/parcel 9999 0005 6072 0000, and the other 9999 0005 6073 0000.

Does anyone now exactly how to find this on a map, also one said it was for 82 leased acres and the other 75 but did not say leased but I am sure that it is leased also?

anyway anyone help me?, and does anyone have a number for antero so I can see if anything is going on with these

Hi Dale, the “9999” in the tax ticket means some type of mineral interest. The “0005” indicates the district, in this case McClellan (they go alphabetically). The rest of it is some kind of number maybe related to the taxpayer’s name on a list or something.

If you have a lease, especially one from the last few years, it probably has a tax map and parcel number on it. Otherwise not.

If you tax ticket has any kind of name like Something Creek, or Something Run, or things like that, you know your property is near that creek or run or other watershed area.

If you look down a few entries, to Arnold Stuart’s post from July 16 of this year, he gives some numbers.

Something to remember: the tax information is about 2 years old, based on the information the tax office in Doddridge had in July 2015. And they seem to have a way of designating “leased acreage” as somehow different from Oil, Gas, Mineral ownership when often it is not really different. I don’t really understand their system, so you might get some information from asking the Assessor’s office or maybe th Tax office in Doddridge.

It gets more complicated finding the actual location from the tax ticket information, other than district area.

The tax office can sell you maps of the tax districts, to give you a general idea, at least in some counties they can.

This may be old news to some, but I spoke with the county Assessor’s office today and learned that there are actually two ways to lose your property by being sold at auction. The reason is there may be two separate tax tickets pertaining to the same mineral interest and if either one goes delinquent it can be sold on the courthouse steps. So even if the one tax ticket was paid by you, if the other one is not paid on time (say it is the responsibility of some other distant relative) then your interests can be sold out from under you.

The confusing part is this first tax ticket may or may not even exist depending on whether it was ever put on the books or not. Also, you may not even be aware that you are part owner of these minerals because it is listed under a distant long gone relation’s name that you wouldn’t even think to look up. These tickets are a tax on the minerals in the ground that are owned. Often these tickets were established a while ago and just get passed around within the family as someone dies or is not able to pay. They often go unpaid because either someone moves and forgets to report their new address to the county or they don’t realize that they only paid the first half of the tax ticket and never the second (apparently, the sheriff’s office does not send out reminders for the second half payments that are due).

So when it is not paid, the sheriff’s office posts an announcement in the Doddridge Independent in the Fall. That adds $20 to the tax bill, plus the 9% interest is added every month it is overdue. If the bill continues to be unpaid come Spring then it goes up for sale in May. The new owners are supposed to do a title search and contact all owners by certified letter to give them a chance to redeem the property by paying all the back taxes, the title search fees, and other fees. But I was told some do this and some do not. This bill now could easily be over $400 to redeem. (Keep in mind the original tax bill may have only been $1.20, it just wasn’t paid on time).

The second tax ticket is created when royalties are paid out and reported by the oil and gas companies and will only be associated with the first tax ticket if there is an obvious connection, but most usually is not. The oil and gas company does not share their title research on how that estate was broken up - or who was the original person who was listed on the original tax ticket, so usually there are two separate tax tickets representing the same minerals. If this second tax ticket isn’t paid then the whole process of delinquency starts the same as mentioned before.

I find this information very disturbing!

The lady I spoke with also said if the estate is not settled properly and put into the books by a title search, you can not legally pass on your property through your will because it hasn’t been documented to be belonging to you - at least not through the county. Like I said, the o&g companies have done the title search, but they do not share that info with the county. She said it is prudent for all mineral owners to know where their minerals are coming from so that they can keep an eye on both tickets and pay the tax on time or pay the delinquent tax or redeem the sold property as needed.

Correct me if I am wrong on any of this, but it is how I understood it explained to me.

Arnold I got my letter last Friday the 11th. Antero has bought all of the CNX wells in Doddridge, Tyler, Ritchie and several other counties. I will now get one check on the 27th of the month, because now all of my wells will be ANTERO. So I got a letter on to confirm it CNX did sell the wells to Antero. Also the letter was sent to me from CNX. I hope now they will get on FRACKING the Oxford 97.

Yes I got my letter from CNX August 11th. Where they are selling the wells to Antero. I guess my check this month will be added onto my other Antero.

Thanks Arnold and Katrina for calling attention to this. I have CNX interest in Ritchie and am watching this closely!

Katrina, Nancy, I have not heard a word from either CNX or Antero regarding a transfer or buyout,I have interest in 4-wells that were with CNX.