Doddridge County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Katrina,

I checked the WV DEP website and both Banner & Tabor units were permitted in May of 2014. I did not find any production for 2015, and the 2016 production is not reported until after Jan 1 of 2017. I suspect your lease is now considered “Held By Production”, although a call to Antero’s Bridgeport office may give you a better insight.

Hello we have lease that is up this month with Antero, it is the Banner / Tabor unit, in Doddridge County near the Tyler County line. Has anyone heard anyting about this? Just wondering when or if they were going to start it. Also do I contact them the end of this month to see if they want to release or do I let another company lease it? If it is wrote up a certian way in the lease where Antero gets first choice how long will it be before they approach me again to sign a new lease??

Thanks, Katrina

Jim,

I have found that Antero has filed a permit for a Sherwood Unit 2H, but nothing for EQT. The API # for that well is 017-06467, I hope that gives you some insight.

Anyone know if EQT is doing anything on a site known as “Sherwood”?

WV Mineral Owner and Katrina Posey, I looked at the database and saw where the permits have been issued and all 4 (Tabor 1 and 2, Banner 1 and 2) have been spud (I think all 4 were in August 2015) but no completion information which means no production. They may be concentrating on other wells for now and will get back to these when the price is right, probably in the next year. Keep checking on them. They are all listed as Tyler county wells since I guess the well pad is there.

Jim,

If you can share the API number, I will be able to garner greater insight.

Thanks for checking! That API doesn’t match the numbers I have, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Jim Greaver, you can go here to the WV Geological and Economic Survey site and put select Doddridge for the county, put in “1793” for the number and you see that this was first drilled in 1911 and has been reworked several times over the years, currently being produced by EQT. Not a big producer.

Go here for the WV Office of Oil and Gas Well site, put in “4701701793” for the API number and get some of that recent information.

You can go here to the interactive map and put in “017-01793” and find the location.

Go here and select Doddridge and go down to 01701793 to find a plat and other information on this well.

On that same site, look for 01706137. This is a little to the west of the 1793 well. You can find the 6137 well by going back to that interactive map and looking a little west for the orange line, or put 01706137 into the API search. This might help.

Nancy, Thanks for the info! I have used most of those links so I was familiar with them. I knew the API number I posted was for an old, little-producing well, but EQT paid my wife and her siblings a sum to revise the least. We are hoping they might re-drill a horizontal well in that location and were just wondering if anyone knew of any activity on their part in that area. Thanks again, though!

Jim, if you check the weekly reports from the office of oil and gas, you can find if they are permitting anything in your area.

If you go here and look at the links, find Signup for OOG Mailing List and View the List archives

and go sign up for Doddridge and any other counties. They had quite a few new permit applications today. They have a requirement to notify the public for comments and this is a way to keep up with that.

There looks like there is space near your well for some more horizontal wells.

are there any people buying mineral rights in Doddridge county?

Loren,
I regularly get calls to purchase my mineral rights in Doddridge and am in the process of buying some as well.

Does anyone have a phone number for Antereo? I had the Bridgeport WV number but they put you on hold and never come back. I had one for Colorado but for the life of me i can not find the book I had it wrote in. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Charlene, I have this number for Antero

303 357 6475

saved somewhere. I think it is the Colorado hotline number for Antero.

Charlene,

I also have 303 357-7310 as a number for Antero’s Colorado office.

Good luck

Thank you Nancy and WV Mineral Owner for the numbers.

This one is working for me: http://129.71.205.241/ Is that the one you were referring to?

Stephanie, that worked. I know sometimes the site works (often) and sometimes not. I think they do maintenance sometimes and that makes it not work.

Does anyone know why the Records page isn’t working? I haven’t been on in a while, but it seems to be busted at the moment. I tried a link that Nancy posted and it still doesn’t work. I can’t find it on Google either. =(

Antero contacted me two weeks ago, after I called them and left a message. They said my wells were already drilled and should be getting a Division order in January or February. All the wells were drilled and were just finishing up fracing. I know some of you have been helping me find out what the status was since the lease they had with me was running out in October. So just wanted to give the updat… Whoo Hooo!!

Thanks !!