Doddridge County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Sue, post in this section and not on profile section.

When those land agents start that stuff, makes you want to get physical. Steph knows all about these people and many on here have dealt with them.

Sue one thing you may want to ad is how much mineral interest do you own and where it is? If you have quite a lot then the attorney would be in your best interest. If you own only a fraction the attorney would not be able to negotiate as much. Patience is key.

Something good to look forward to!

Just got an call from Antero in Colorado, My unit has a nameā€¦ strom/Snyder unit. 75.25 net acres and set to drill January 2018, but to call back in 6 month that could change hopefully closer

Thank you Arnold!! I have another questionā€¦when negotiating a lease with the O&G Company which factors do you negotiate firstā€“Bonus, Royalty or the Clauses one would like added (Indemnification Clause, No Warranty of Title Clause, Gross Proceed Clause etc.)?? Or do you negotiate these things all at once?

Sorry nicole, but I have Not Received an offer to sign a new lease in over a year, however I did sign to renew a lease. After some negotiation, I signed for 1500.00 an acre and 16 percent. I signed the original in 2011 for 750.00 at 14 percent. I hope this helps.

Nicole, all items mentioned at once, as I want to get er done.

No Deff. do not vote for Hillary, she will kill us with all the oil and gas bans. Fracking is only one part of the drilling process, but still she is against it ALL. Anything to help us and our families and our lively hood when our families have jobs in the industry. I hope she donā€™t get in, but it does not look good.

Hi, not sure the best place to post this, but I am interested in having some informal conversations/interviews with folks who own or have sold land and/or minerals in Doddridge, Tyler, or Wetzel counties, also with folks who have worked in the gas industry (Marcellus and Utica development, especially landmen and people who have done title work). Please get in touch if willing to speak, thanks!

Joan Alley, I will friend request you. I have a lawyer, similar theft was done to my family. I have a lawyer. It took me about 25 phone calls and two months to find one. They donā€™t come easily in that part of the country. Unfortunately, most are already ā€œin bedā€ with the folks violating your rights in one shape or another. =(

Question, I have some mineral interest leased with antero. Has anyone every called antero and seen if the would purchase your interest? If so how well did it go?

Dale,
Obviously ā€˜location, location, locationā€™ matters most, the terms of the lease are a contributing factor, but in todays market, 3,000 - 5,000 / NMA is common for Doddridge County.

I just wonder what I could getā€¦ its not a whole lot , but is schedule to drill in jan 2018

How do you know when Antero wants to drill? Is there somewhere that shows what permits were issued or where they are applying to?

Stephanie,

I respectfully disagree with your statement, a well pad does not qualify in WV. Additionally, many leases that are held by minimal production can be negated by a lawsuit if the well is not producing a ā€œnominal production rateā€.

I have been successful in having a lease declared invalid, because the production was negligible.

Dawn,

The WVDEP website lists permits that have been issued. However, I must warn you, it can be more than a year before drilling begins and frequently as much as another year before you will receive a royalty check.

I signed in June of 2014 and still havenā€™t heard anything from them. Iā€™ve called them 3 times in the last 6 months and get the run around every time. They have said they probably wouldnā€™t start drilling til early fall of 2016 and now I canā€™t even get them to call me back when I leave a message. I had to do a change of address cause I moved and havenā€™t heard anything. I know it takes a while for them to start drilling but if they have well pads on the property does that mean they are going to start drilling soon? How can i find out if they have started but isnā€™t saying? Sorry to ask such stupid questions but I canā€™t get answers anywhere else.

Charlene, from what I understand, the fact that they put a well pad means that the lease is tied up and they do not have to do anything - like renew your lease or even drillā€¦ Unless you have special language in your lease that says otherwise. I am in the same situation where the lease was signed long ago and the only thing they have done is put down pads. Who knows if they will ever drill on them?

Charlene,

First, there are no ā€œstupid questionsā€ we have all been in the state of confusion and frustration, especially in the realm of oil & gas. If you email me on this site with the district, tax map and parcel number, all of which is should be in your original documentation, I will reach out to see if I am able to discover anything for you.

Charlene,

I did a friend request. I believe there is now a drilling rig on the pad you have been asking about. http://www.patenergy.com/drilling/rigs/

I know Antero has a contract with Paterson UTI. There are several legs on this pad. I discovered this active rig about a month ago.