Doddridge County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Charles, start digging on the names. Doddridge County Records page can be helpful as can Ancestry and whitepages.com

I’d start with a phone call to the assessors office and ask them who’s name is currently on the tax tickets being paid that say the same as yours. (assuming that you are paying taxes on 1/5 of your 100 acres, who is getting tax bills for the other fractional shares) Then you have some names to dig for. I sent you a friend request if you get stuck, maybe I can help. I am a busy girl, but sometimes just checking a few places can help.

One more thing. Be aware that if a tax bill says C/O on it, that person very well may NOT own that share. They may think they do, but it wasn’t properly turned over into his or her name by the county with a deed transfer.

Good advice Stephanie P. A lot to think about.

Thought that I would call antero on several wells. I placed my call on Mar,30th and received a call back today ( not too bad) . Talked to Susan “very nice” and she took time in trying to find my wells in question. Some of the wells were permitted back in 2014, and only one was on an analysis desk in Denver. So my point in writing this is we are out at least two years after permitting before anything reaches Denver for Title, and with pricing on gas these day’s, maybe two three years is a good thing.

Note: I did receive a D.O for the Amanda Well last month, and Monday I received another D.O for the Hardin Well, both of these wells were permitted early 2014.

WV Mineral Owner, Thank you for replying. Is there a way I can show you what the “Assignment” clause says on the lease?

I finally found out the name of the pad they put on my parcel but how do I find out if they have started drilling? My husband called for me as I can not hear on the phone and the lady wasn’t to friendly about sharing info with him. All she would say was that it did have a pad on it and the name was YZONNE. When he asked her for the 3rd time if there was any wells drilled yet she said well no not to her knowledge. He asked if they were planning on drilling anytime soon she said she wasn’t suppose to give info like that out but that they had no orders to drill for the next 2 or 3 years. When he pointed out that the contract runs out in 3 years she said well like I said we may drill in the next 2 to 3 years. She did sign a 5 year contract. If she had signed a 2 year contract we may have started drilled sooner. lmao they don’t have 2 year contracts according to the fella at the Bridgeport office when I signed the papers in 2014. My husband asked him. ANYWAY, how can I find out if there is wells on this property? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Nicole,

I have invited you to be a friend on this site, which will allow me to share my personal email address and you are welcome to send the assignment clause via email.

WV Mineral Owner

The name was given to my husband by the Lady from Antereo that called him back after his 3rd attempt to reach someone that would answer his questions. That’s the name she gave him and said it only had the pad on it at the moment. When he tried to ask more question about it she said she couldn’t tell him anything else. I took the copy of the lease they wanted me to sign and the one I did sign to a friends lawyer and had it checked out. I didn’t trust them not to slip something in there if you know what I mean. Thank you anyway for the offer. :slight_smile: One of the heirs was being taken to court for a partition suit filed against him cause he refused to sign. He was the last one they needed to sign. I have tried finding out about that and its like a dead end. Even the lawyers that are handling it for Antereo refuse to give any details. Its like pulling teeth to get answers about things. I just couldn’t figure out how they could put a pad or anything on the property until after the court made a decision about the partition suit. The lady knew what property we were referring to but just didn’t like the fact that it was my husband that was asking questions I guess. Thanks for your help.

Stephanie, If you look at that api, for the walker Wells, you will find that it includes among many, the BROCADE WELLS, The Brocade Well is one of the wells that I called Antero on the other day and was told by SUSAN that she thought that it was on an analysis desk in Denver for title, however the Brocade Well was permitted way back in 2014, where the Walker wells were permitted more recently. probably the reason Charlene just received a lease. So as always “the plot thickens”.

One positive in regard to Antero, the company pays “interest” on monies owed from initial production - Division Orders, one of the few companies to do so, unless it is included in the original documentation.

Charlene,

Using the name YZONNE as you have it spelled, I checked the WV DEP website and did not find any permits having been issued for that name. Curiously, the name is traditionally not given to a well, until the permit process begins. Do you recall where you found the name of the well pad?

My experience has shown, there is not a definitive answer to exactly what qualifies as “drilling” when it comes to a lease expiring. Some leases are more specific as to what defines drilling. Double check your lease to verify it does not have an automatic extension.

I am NOT an attorney or profess to be a legal scholar, but would be willing to review your lease from a “layman’s” point of view, one that has negotiated and signed a few leases.

Arnold, yes Antero is about 2 years behind production on getting the d.o.'s out for the Statler and Welch wells that we are involved with. I think there are so many heirs in some cases that the title research must be amazing.

Nicole,

Without viewing the specifics of your lease, I can only provide a generic answer to your question and certainly others on the site will give their feedback as well.

Traditionally, there is an “Assignment Clause” in a lease, which gives Company A, the right to assign (Sell, Trade or Give) the lease to Company B, without: 1. Advising you, 2. Your permission, 3. Disclosing the terms of the agreement between Company A&B.

You may wish to reach out to Kyle Nuttall who is a regular on this site for his advise. I would be happy to review your lease to garner greater insight and assist in any fashion that I can.

Best wishes

Hi Charlene, I googled “Yvonne Antero” because I suspect the name is “Yvonne” instead of “Yzonne” and I found a multi-page document permit for a wellpad named Yvonne in the West Union district that was issued in November of 2014. There are many wells planned for this site as can be seen with the plat map at the end of the documents, plus you can see names of others involved in this area. The link is: http://www.dep.wv.gov/oil-and-gas/GI/Documents/Weekly%20Report/2015… . Do you think this may be your wellpad?

Has anyone heard or have any information on the BANNER / TABAR ( sp) Unit in Doddridge County, It is in Mclean district. This Septemeber our lease is up. My brother sends me each week the Rig information for the north east and so far nothing on it. It shows two being drilled or permitted in Doddridge, is what it said. But just checking to see if anyone else on here has heard anything… Thanks so much

Katrina,

A Banner 1H & 2H were permitted in May or 2014, however those are in Tyler County. The pad may be in Tyler, with legs running into Doddridge, but I do not know if that is the same “Banner” as what you are speaking in reference to.

W.V. Mineral Owner. I knew there was a well in Tyler that was premitted because when I called Denver one time that is what they told me and gave me the permit # and everything after I got off the phone with them I saw the permit # (code) was for Tyler. I was pertty sure they were drilling an 6 pad well on us and running legs threw it, BUT then again it is possible. I know this property is pretty close to Tyler County line, so I guess it is always possible. But I know we are to get royalities off of this, when we signed this 4 1/2 years ago my brother got 21,000 sign on bonus and so did I. We have Three different marcellus well pads in Doddridge County and this was the most we had ever gotten paid. One pad we have is already producing the OXFORD 1. (Noble Energy & CNX). The other we have is OXFORD 97 and all 8 wells are drilled but they notified me that they were not going to Frac these until end of 2017 because of the prices, but I would rather that happen anyway. BUT for Anterio who paid a 42,000 sign on bonus has not done anyting yet.

Katrina,

I too have an interest in the Oxford 1H grouping. :slight_smile:

My only other suggestion would be to call Denver to see if there are any set plans. Unfortunately, prices being what they are, I suspect there will be many signing bonuses / up front monies, will be written off by some of the production companies.

Being pushed to sign lease on mineral rights in Doddridge". Can anyone help me? Have until June 5, 2016 to sign. Anyone please. Email or friend me or comment on here. Thank u

Hi Sue,

Welcome! We have all been there with a pushy landman wanting us to sign a lease. Do your best not to be intimidated, take your time to read up on as much as you can - this forum has great nuggets of info going back years. If you can hire a WV oil and gas lawyer, that is the way to go. If you cannot, then you’d be best to study up as much as you can.

Keep in mind that there is no deadline of two weeks or whatever they tell you. It is all because “they” have a deadline and they are trying to get you to sign the lease without negotiating or hiring a lawyer. You will be able to negotiate a higher bonus and royalty percentage to begin with. At one point when the price of gas was high I think people were getting $3000 or more bonus per acre and 18% or more on royalty. Then there are parts of the lease that you will want changed to protect you. The lease they give you is the bare bones minimum they are required to offer you by law. Everything worded in there is for their benefit and not yours until you make some changes. That is where all the reading up and searching for answers helps.

One tactic I never tried, but I just might the next time I get offered a lease is to say, “No, I am not interested.” Then you will see them come to you time and time again with better and better offers. Then you will really see what they are willing to do.

Don’t worry about the time line they give you! It is a ruse!

Stephanie