Doddridge County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

My property is located in Doddridge Co and she is located in West Union

I have acquired Cynthia Loomis to represent me. Intial consultation was $150 for an hour. # is 304-873-4350

Thanks Messina, I have also contacted their Law Office.

I need an O & G lawyer. Has anyone contracted one and if so, what is the going fee to review a modification of a lease to include pooling? Thanks

Messina: What County are you in, and what City is Cynthia Loomis in??

Thank you Messina, I will call Ms Loomis today. I now live in Florida and will have to set aside time to come back to WV to see a lawyer, Mr. Spencer, and the Antero people and my grandparents property. I bet things have changed. The last time I was in WV was over 50 years ago. The property is located somewhere on Arnolds Creek.

Robert: I also live out of State (Utah) went back to West Union two yrs ago before all the activity started, town was quiet. Trying to match info on new leases with tax statements is almost impossible, I also have deeds but some dates back to 1909, so no coordinates, just markers references such as steel poles, a large oak tree, or mulberry plant, not feet or yards but Poles. I have signed several leases near Arnoldā€™s Creek, but really canā€™t get exact location of some of them. I do believe the only way to find out of sure is to go to the Courthouse and go through the deed books. Good luck with your lease.

Thanks Eleanor, I will try to find Mr. Leonā€™s phone number and give him a call.

Hello to all, I am currently negotiating a lease with Anterio Resources and have contacted a Lawyer, Mr William J Leon, LC. All reports are that Anterio Resources are good to work with.

1 Like

Thank you Arnold, The lease my grandparents signed was back in 1960. Far as I know, the local independent oil driller was Mr. Spencer. The lease states 5 years but I think as long as the old wells (5-7) are producing (a drop a day), the lease is still in force. My last quarterly royalty check for 5-7 wells (1/8th interest) was $20. The landowners get free gas up to 200,000 cubic feet per year.

Hello Robert, Mr Jay Leonā€™s phone number as listed is 304-554-3880 he is loacated in Morgantown WVA, you can if you wish let him know I recommened him to you.
Eleanor

1 Like

Havenā€™t heard from anyone from Doddridge in more than a month, come-on share the wealth. I have signed a couple of leases from Antero Resources in the New milton district and others are pending. Without sharing, we will never know how to negotiate a lease, so letā€™s hear from you.

Arnold

I was a landman for four years and am an attorney working for the surface and mineral owners now. Just a few things I noticed reading through the comments on this Group. 1) When a landman contacts you requesting you sign a lease, they should be able to get their hands on a map and send a copy to you. Just ask. 2) Iā€™ve recently seen a couple leases from Antero in Doddridge and Harrison Counties. Theyā€™re offering around 14-15% for the royalty and $1500/AC for the signing bonus. It never hurts to ask for more.

Just seen this on another forum (exciting). we need more input so we know how to negotiate. TYLER COUNTY WV.

hi everybody, i was talking with a man who just sign lease with stone energy for $3100.00 per acre and 18 3/4 % and no deductions. he had a group of 450 acres on the conaway lake side of middlebourne. chesapeak offered him $1000.00 per acre and 18%. triad hunter didnā€™t want to talk. hope this helps someone. have a good day.

My husband and I have 27% mineral interest on a tract of land in doddridge. We signed a lease with antero for $1800 per acre and 17% on the production. Antero called today and we were informed that our bonus check is on its way via fedex!! YAY!!

Is there anyone out there that has had a land agent ā€œfreelancingā€ approach you to get you to sign a lease? His name is Chad Swiger??

Just signed a lease with Antero for mineral rights in Doddridge . $1,700/per and 16% gross.

Hi Garry, You can ask for lots more on the bonus. The post before you signed with Antero at $1,700/acre. Thatā€™s a huge difference. You should ask for 3/16 royalty, no deductions. You likely wonā€™t get 3/16, but youā€™ll set a negotiating point. Just off the top of my head, you should ask for No Warranty of Title, Indemnification, no storage, no coal bed methane, and a Pugh clause. If you own surface, ask for no surface operations. Youā€™ll probably get most of those, and maybe all if you have a large interest. Best of luck.

Hi everyone iā€™am the newest member.Iā€™am looking at a lease agrement

sent to me EQT Production Co. they want to pay 400.00 per acre bonus.

The property is on Beverlin Fork close to Centerpoint off rt. 23.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sure thing. Iā€™m an attorney working in oil and gas, and worked as a landman for four years. I figure I should share some of the wealth of knowledge Iā€™ve accumulated. Best of luck.