Dawson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks everyone,

I still do not know how to use the RRC website to look up land permits IDed by league and labor, I.E., League 271 Labor 15, to block # and section #, a lot of these drilling permits are listed like that and I have a lot of different areas of land in Dawson county and can not figure out where these permits are being drilled, all my maps only show Block and section. thanks to anyone that can help I know others on here have the same problem

W. Rogers

Re: Completion Reports on RRC website - timeline

According to interview with RR Cmsnr. Christi Craddick about upgrading the RRC website and IT systems (March issue of PB Oil & Gas magazine - http://read.uberflip.com/i/265837), on pg. 72 she said that this year they are 11,000 reports (or 4 months) behind, as opposed to 2013 when they were 14,000 reports (6 months) behind. Online filing of reports and new systems should improve the backlog dramatically.

By the way, it’s a free subscription, and I read it cover-to-cover each month - lots to learn! PB Oil & Gas Magazine

Thanks for the information, Paige. I’m going to check out the links.

Question…how long does it take for a development well to be issued a lease number once the completion paperwork has been filed? I can pull up production numbers using the pending number for January, but have not seen production numbers for February yet.

Anyone here know what is going on with the Morgan oil lease? It is about 13 or so miles south of Lamesa. I saw where RSP received drilling approval on the 28th of Feb. Seems like they are actually drilling two horizontal wells there according to the paperwork. I know that the RRC website is behind several weeks, so I was hoping for someone with first or second hand knowledge. Thanks!

Here is the link for the Morgan lease.\

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?m…

Mine leased for 450 per net mineral acre, 1/4 royalty, but that was back in 2011. Not sure if the rate has improved for net mineral acre.

Good Morning, I have some land in Dawson County Texas that is up for lease, it is in block 35 section 28, about 160 acres, does anyone know how much the Mineral rights in this area is being leased for per Acre and for how long? any thing will help. Thank you!

Hello Carla,

I’ve not run into that issue. However, I do know the RRC is about 4 months behind on uploading documents because they are short-handed.

Investor presentation by RSP Permian. Lists activities in Midland basin, including Dawson county.

http://rsppermian.investorroom.com/download/RSP+Permian+Corporate+U…

Good Afternoon,

I have a question about the use of water from a fresh water pit. The operator, in an effort to take advantage of the stored pit water and prevent water evaporation waste, would like to transfer the water stored in the pit to a pit (not on my property) a few miles south to frac a well.

My current surface agreement doesn’t directly address this issue of transporting fresh water from the pit to another location. Per the surface agreement, we were initially paid a sum of money, which gave the operator the right to drill the water well and use the water for frac’ing on our propery. The agreement stipulates the damage payment is to be paid for every oil & gas well drilled that requires the use of said water.

To stay consistent with the terms in the surface agreement, the operator has propose the following:

1.   Operator will pay the surface owners 'X' for the rights to transfer water from the fresh water pit to an off-lease location for a total of 'X' dollars.

2.   Operator will pay the surface owners 'X' per linear rod for the right to lay temporary water lines to or from the fresh water pit.

It was stated this would mutually benefit both parties and prevent evaporation water waste, which is a priority. However, I’m concerned the operator will have full use of the water well after paying the one time fee of ‘X’ dollars.

Has anyone encountered this? If so, I’d love to know what you did or learned. Thanks.

Good Morning,

we just received our first production report on our 2 wells, one was at 50 BBLS a day and one was at 53 are these production reports accurate? if so are these considered good wells? any info would be great.

Willard,

What kind of drilling did they do? Vertical or horizontal? Which layer did they target? Spraberry, Wolfcamp or some other?

we have a lot of land leased thru Chesapeake, does any one know they are planning on drilling any wells any where? our land is in south east Dawson county

Earnest, they were fracked, DEROEN I think they are in the south east part of Dawson County.

Earnest,

They are vertical wells

I do not it was e-mailed to me, I looked at all the other CRs for the last year in Dawson count, ours was better than 28 of the 35, is 50/53 a problem? do you think they might shut them down? that is still a lot of oil a month and at $107 that is a lot of money,

Willard,

I think most OG companies are looking for at least 100 bbls for vertical wells. Do you have a link to your well reports?

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/cline-shale/forum/attachmen… Horseshoe Atoll info.

Our well hit 101 bbls (per day) during the month of April; however, the first month it was at 320 bbls per day. The amount pulled each month (since month one) has dropped.

01/2014: 9,616 bbls per month

02/2014: 4,333 bbls per month

03/2014: 3,068 bbls per month

04/2014: 3,059 bbls per month

The RR Commission is about two months behind on reporting; therefore, I won’t see May numbers until around the first week of July. With any luck, the numbers will continue to level out instead of drop.

This is where I pull my production reports/queries from: http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/PR/publicQueriesMainAction.do

You need to know four elements to pull the numbers: Lease Type, District, RRC Identifier, Production Month Range

Emily Rose