Dawson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I was told to look up the well through the RRC Public GIS MAP VIEWER tool. Then, select the different Map Tools. I’ve tried the official well name and the API…but, it’s my understanding that information may not be available for another week if there is production.

Thanks Ralph,

I know the RRC site is hard to figure out, most of the sites are wanting 90 to 120 bucks a month that is crazy, I will not pay that for it.

Thanks for the post.

Does anyone know of a free web site that you can track production on in Dawson county, all I can find are pay ones.

Thanks

I’ll post when I finally pull something.

Great,

information sure is hard to get when it comes to these wells

will be looking for it

I’ve tried to pull information up on production; however, I don’t think anything is reported yet. I received this message today, but have no idea what it means…anyone able to explain it? I posted the same content on another thread.

The Tatonka #1H well is flowing back frac water; meaning the water used to frac the well is being recovered. The most update report shows that 25.3% of the produced water has been recovered. It can take several years for 100% of the frac water to be recovered. We have equipped the well with an ESP (Electronic Sub Pump). The ESP allows for an effective artificial lift method of pumping producing fluids to the surface. Otherwise, we are continuing with standard operations.

Sent it and I will try my best to see what I can pull up. This is the path I am following to search:

Rail Road Commission website

-Quick Link (It’s on the lower right-hand side)

-Online Research Queries

-Production Reports Query (Form PR)

-Click on the ‘Launch Application’

You may then key in the RRC Identifier number, District (8A), and Operator number…or, any of the information in the three different fields.

Hey Emily,

Not sure if you are up on the RRC web site, I know I was about to throw my lap top out the window the other night trying to navigate that site, so with that being said if possible if I sent you a lease name and location could you look up the production, or tell me how too? this well is like 150 yards from mine that they are casing in right now so if I can get a production on this well might give me an idea what mine will be. thanks in advance. if not no big deal.

Clint,

Thank you very much for posting the permits on here it is great!!! I have learned a lot from it.

It is really appreciated!!

W.Rogers

Hey everyone,

I was wondering, about how much do the mineral rights owners get per barrel on our check stub, I know oil is about $98 a barrel, how much do we end up with?

Thanks

Thank you Earnest!!!

Thanks a bunch Ralph!! that is a big help

Willard,

Mineral owners get whatever percentage was agreed upon in the lease agreement. If you agreed to 25% royalty then you would get 25% of the worth of each barrel at its present value. I think WTI is near $100 atm, thus you would be raking in $25 per barrel. There is however, depending on the lease, certain fees and deductions that take place on those royalties.

Williard 98 dollars is the future price. Not the selling price. Selling rice depends on grades ect. The last check on royalties we received was around 85 dollars a barrel if I remember right.

Good morning,

we have 2 tracts of land in block 35 section 2 and 28, I am looking for information on leases in block 35, does any one know how I can find information on leases on block 35 specifically, to see how active that block is for leases. THANKS

Clint,

Thank you soooo much for putting those permits on here!

Willard

My property is listed as Labors on leases, taxes, and other documents. I’m not sure how to covert them from section/block to Labor.

Good afternoon,

Can any one tell me what league and labor means? and how I figure them out on a block and section map, my land is block 34 T4N section 27, block 35 T4N section 2 and 28 and block 36 T5N section 43. a lot of these permit are listed as league an labor and I have no idea how to find them on my map. any help would be great!!

Thanks

Willard

Wiki:

A labor (/ləˈbɔr/ in West Texas) is a unit of area, used to express the area of land, that is equal to 1 million square varas. A labor is equivalent to about 177.1 acres (71.67 ha). It was used in the archaic system of old Spanish land grants affecting Texas and parts of adjoining states. The labor is often used as an approximate equivalent to a quarter-section (that is, one quarter of a square mile of land). It is still encountered in modern real estate transactions.

A league can also be a unit of area, used to express the area of land, that is equal to 25 million square varas. A (square) league is equivalent to about 4,428.4 acres (1,792.11 ha).

The (square) league is still encountered in modern real estate transactions.

Try this calculator: http://www.convertunits.com/from/labor/to/acres