Dawson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

It is good to hear that your well decline is nearly flat Emily! Don’t forget that they stated they were going to attempt the Cline on your well!

I am hopeful. :slight_smile:

How can one know if its actual production numbers vs what they sell? Can’t they hold back some if they want? Also how many days per month are they allowed to produce. Seems like years ago the RR limited production days. I am asking out of ignorance. Just learned a well that I have a small interest in Borden County has just been completed and is testing “a little over 200PBD”. Trying to estimate our royalties if that holds up

Hello Dan,

I am able to compare the RR Commissions production numbers to my royalty statements. The RR production numbers provide the actual production numbers each month (what was produced for the month), on hand beginning of month (left over from prior month), disposition of production (what is sold), on hand end of month (what will be carried over to the next month).

It also lists gas production; however, it is important to understand what the codes are because one code could indicate the product was dispositioned/sold; whereas, another code number could indicate gas was flared or oil was not sold.

Dan,

I can tell you it is about 12 bucks a brls they hold out of your check I.E $100 a brl you will make around $88, I do not think the RRR limits any more but could be wrong, it is very hard to figure out your royalites with out a division order.

Big Star has been holding a lease on my land for the past 4 years. The first 3 years with an additional bonus for extending for one more year.

Big Star has now sent a lease extension to take the original contract out another 3 years for 1000 per acre. We have approximately 350 acres being leased. Can anyone tell me if that is the going amount for that length of time?

I was told they planned on drilling a well this upcoming December, but it looks like they are concerned about making that date and would like to keep the entire 350 acres under contract.

Thank You,

Andra

Back when I signed (2011), the going rate I got was $450 per acre. I’m not really sure what the going rate is now. I’d wait to see what people being offered recent contracts have to say.

Does anyone know what happened with the “EVERTS 36-17 DWS” lease southwest of Lamesa? I see Chesapeake filled a drilling permit for a horizontal well back in mid 2012 but there is no completion report.

Same thing for the “Weaver 1” lease which was 5 miles southwest of Lamesa.

Not sure, please let me know, we have land leased by Chesapeake in this same area. I have heard they are bad about this, they bought our lease with one day left on it, I mean it was a big check in the mail but production is where the money is.

Does anyone know if there is any new activity on sections 17,18,20 BLK 33 T-4-N?

Might Check this guy

Keith McLelland, Sr. Landman

Republic Oil and Gas 432-967-3470

Hey Robert,

do you know what section and block that is in the league and labor is to hard to figure out, I have been on here for a while and I can not find anyone that can explain how to show what block and section a league and labor, the RRC only shows block and section. just trying to help

W Rogers

Howdy, Just wondered whether anyone on here is near my Dawson County interests. ie. League 274 labor 25, Loving County School Lands.

We had it leased out to an outfit out of Oklahoma a little over 3 years ago but they didn’t want to drill or extend their option so have recently leased to Tascosa Land out of Amarillo. Sounds like there is drilling in the immediate area around Loving County School Lands and I wondered if anyone on here might know of wells or drilling going on nearby.

Hey Willard,

I’m in the same predicament about the sections and blocks, but haven’t yet tried to access county maps. I thought somebody might see this post who also might have mineral interests in the “Loving County School Lands” parcels (and know where they are located). Thanks for your reply.

Hi William,

I did a Google search for “original dawson county texas maps” and clicked on this link: http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth492928

It takes you to an old Dawson County map that shows the Loving County School Land designation within Dawson County if you zoom in. Look in the southwestern part of the county.

Thank U Steve Lackney!!! I will check this out further!! Best regards William;!!!..:slight_smile:

Willard Not sure what you mean but I have a map and section 61 in the northeast part of the county seems to be very close to Lynn county line. And section 73 is more to the southwest part of county. If you like I could email pics of map

Vickie,

not sure where section 61 blk 8 is or 73.

it should say Block 33 or 34 or 35 or 36, section 1 or 2 or so forth, also should read T4N or T5N or something like that.

IE, mine is Block 34 section 27 T4N, there is no Block 8 or 73 in Dawson county.

Hi Vickie, According to this map: http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth492928

Block M section 73 is identified as S-30285 (NW Dawson co.)

Block 8 section 61 is identified as S-12676 (NE Dawson co.)

Hope this helps! Steve Lackey