Borden County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Richard I am not sure what the 190000 bw tells --can you explain? Has anyone said the are going to sell the gas? Its so cheap I been wondering. The Cassidy looks like a dandy. Our Higgenbottom along with the next one should be good enough to screw up out taxes--ha I'll take that problem.

Dan that is 190,000 barrels of water left to flow back off of the fracture process.

Hi I have a interest in T-N-5 Block 31 Section 48. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Amanda,

To the northwest of Section 48 a vertical and a horizontal well were drilled by Red Willow Production in 2013. The completion report shows that neither of these wells will be economical. The vertical well showed 5 barrels oil per day and the horizontal well showed 20 barrels oil per day with several hundred barrels of water to be disposed of. Some older vertical oil wells have been drilled in the past. Section 48 consists of 4 Abstract #'s( A-1472/A-1450/A-946/A-1448)

Completion Report on well 32241:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=69819

GIS Map of Borden County Section 48/Block 31/T5N:

Clint Liles

Clint,

Can you give me any updates on the Higginbotham well?

Lee, Higginbotham 30-19

No completion report yet. Spud(begin drilling)date was March 8, 2014.

Clint Liles

Lee the last word I had on the Higgenbottom is that is was making around 200 obpd, Maybe Dan or Terry could give us a better update. The Cassidy 26-23 is a much better well at the moment then the Higenbottom averaging 400+obpd for the first three weeks. At the moment Tall City is concentrating in Howard County just south of the Borden County line while they are preparing pads and some roadways in Borden.

Thank you for the info Richard. Have you heard if they have plans to drill more on the ranch?

Lee if you will go to page 2 of this comment wall and look under my 7-9 post it lists the permits that Tall City has filed and they are approved for drilling.

Lee I am not sure what Ranch you have mineral rights on, our rights are on the Beal Ranch. If you want some more information on your area you can put a friend request in for me and I will let you have some contacts you can talk to.

Our family is the Higginbotham family, so we are interested in that ranch area.

http://tallcityexploration.com/pdf/ADAM%20Houston%208_15_14%20vFinal.pdf

Below is an eye opening description of TC Business Plan. The Higgenbotham 30-19C #1H according to Ms Angela Staples has produced for 4 months--it started at about 200 BPD but has declined to about 170. They plan to try some things to get more out of it. She said the division order is expected to be completed in the next few days and royalty checks soon after. The Cassidy is much better at this point. The plan that TC is working on would make these first wells demonstrate the potential of the field. They could drill 60 + wells to a section--seems unbelievable. Then they plan to sell off to the big boys and get out. It surely is an ambitious adventure--and exciting to have a small piece of it.

Dan first of all thank you for the informative article on Tall City, it looks great so far for a royalty owner in the area. Lee I checked the area you have leased and right now Tall City has two more wells permitted and approved, MJ PHINIZY 24-13-1H 32-3N and the WL WHITEHEAD 5-8 1H 31-3N.

Slight correction that should be 60+ wells to about 2000 acres according to the briefing

Thank you both so much. I will pass this information on to our family.

FYI The Cassidy 26-23 1H after 50 days of production is averaging 309 obpd but in the last week or so it is producing 225-250obpd and 168mcfd. Does anyone on the forum have interest in the Dysse 17-8 in 32-3N and might have some production numers. Apache has also obtained a permit in Block 27 for a horizontal well. I am not trying to give false hopes to royalty owners in Borden County but if this turns into some of the shale plays we are experiencing in Okla. especially since oil is running about 85-90% of the wells boe get ready for an exciting and fruitful ride.

Well we have talked speculated and hoped. But have any of you royalty holders ever got any checks yet? If not what have your contacts said about when. How long after they start selling oil until we start getting our share?

Dan go back on the comment wall to my 6-01-2014 comment, page 3 and click on the link I mention on my post to read the statues about Division Orders and Royalty payments. I was told by Laura the other day we should be getting Division orders in the next week or so. The one thing I will say is if they do not make that first payment on time make sure you write the company and ask for the interest they owe you, but you must write them to get that extra payment. Some of the larger oil companies in the big shale plays in Okla. are taking up to a year to make that first payment even though Okla. law requires 12% interest on that late payment.

And Richard I would send that letter Certified Mail so someone has to sign for it and you get a return receipt. That way they can't say they didn't get your letter.

Clint Liles