Borden County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Clint I agree with you 100%. Most of us right now are dealing with Tall City Exploration and I have no worries that they will pay us on time. I am very impressed with there work ethic and attitudes how they deal with royalty owners starting with their secretaries all the way up to a vice president, best oil company I have ever had dealings with.

Richard Pruitt

My family has been receiving Division Orders on Higgenbotham 30-19 # 1H this week. The numbers are all over the place and none of us has been able to figure them out. The orders are coming from LPC Crude Marketing. We are not signing until we get some clarification. They are holding checks since May 14 waiting for this division. The ladies at Tall Cities are really being helpful. Just wanted to know if any others on this well have noticed a problem. And to caution all as to what's going on.

Dan do you have royalties in both sections? IF you will friend me on the forum and send a telephone number I will try and help you out with figuring the decimal point according to ownership and royalty percentage.

Dan, we got our Division Orders for Higginbotham 30-19#1H and their numbers and ours do not match up either. I have instructed our family members not to sign until we figure this out.

Lee take my friend request and send your phone number.

Lee and Dan I hope this will help. Since the Higgenbottom is in two sections they portion the production according to laterals in each section. According to the final plat with the completion report section 30 gets 66.66667% of production and section 19 gets 33.33333%. This is figured in on the decimal points used for paying. If this is not the problem I hope they figure out what is wrong. You take the percent you own in the section times your royalty interest then times your production percentage and that will give your pay decimal. It is easy if you own in both sections I am glad to hear they have the division orders out on your well.

Richard yes we know how 19 and 30 are platted & we are only going to get 2/3 on that well. Our problem comes out to be another math division error-that has been identified. We think we will get this fixed right away--it as about to cost us a lot of money. We are told that a significant effort to drill more wells is taking off. Good luck Lee & let us know how yall come out. Thanks again Richard

Dan how is the Higgenbottom doing on production. Did Tall City give you any idea when they will be back in Borden. Apache has also permitted twohorizontal wells just south of us in Block 27. The Cassidy is running between 225 and 250obpd but was down last week for 3 days with the ESP pump messing up again. Tall City has the site ready for the Susie B 4-5and has built a large holding pond for water right next to the site and has built a six mile road across the Beal Ranch. Good luck with getting payment, hope we see our division orders some time soon.

Richard - No sorry I have no more details. Something I got from a cousin is that they plan on on a well start a month now. But I am not familiar with the well names or where to find them. I hate to call those nice ladies every day with a new question. I know there are a number of websites with good information for a price. Can anyone recommend one that gives us what we need to know that is reasonably priced?

Oh yes--the production. It seems to have settled out at about 185bpd. They said they were going to end me the numbers since May--maybe I will get them next week. I sure wish I had a good section Map.

Dan,

Maybe this map will do. Borden County Section 30/A-1194:

Clint Liles

Received division orders for the Cassidy 26-23 1H yesterday two months after first production and thankfully all the numbers are correct. The Cassidy is still doing well at 250obpd and 165mcfpd. Is there anyone on the forum that has any information on the Dyess 17-8 1H. Tall City is suppose to be back this month to start drilling hot and heavy, they still have 8 permits to drill on and suppose to file for three more plus Apache has filed permits for two horizontals also.

Can we get an updated report on the Higginbotham Ranch well and if Tall City is still planning to put in a couple of more wells?

Looks like Tall City and Element Petroleum are trying to do a joint sale of their properties for something approaching $1Billion. According to the article I read, the drop in prices has slowed, but not stopped the sale. They have the Royal Bank of Canada shopping the deal and have approached QEP Resources and EnCana, among others, as buyers. Supposedly this has been going on since October. Don't know if they're still drilling though. Haven't seen any more permits come up in a while.

Lee and Glenn the last information I had the sell is mostly in Howard County, does nor include our acreage. Because of the price of oil they did not buy the extra drilling rig they were going to in November. They are using one rig at this time. They drilled the Goode 11-15 1H in block 32-3N and was going to fracture it during first week of December. That rig is currently drilling the last permitted well they have at this time in Howard and by my calculations be done by the first of the year. Lee I am not sure about the Higginbottom production numbers but the Cassidy is running about150obpd and 125mcfpd. Glenn call me some time I misplaced your phone number.

Higginbotham has been consistently running around 150 BO/day…

I got my first real report today. Our division order had to have a big correction. Yes average 150 about right with a high of 300 in Jun. I understand TC has a business plan to "Prove the reserves" and try to sell off to the "big boys". This may be what is going on. I guess the drilling looks bleak for us near future. Almost all ours is in Borden County. Wonder where the will move that one rig? Or will they just mothball it for a while?

Dan Tall Cities plan since the bought the leases in Borden from Chesapeake was to prove the reserves and sell out at the end of 2015. Read the ADAM presentation on Tall Cities web site very informative. The drop in oil prices has caused some rethinking, they still need to finish out proving the reserves in Borden and they just recently leased 6 sections on the southern border of Block 31-4N, before the price of Oil dropped, connecting to area they have leased. Either they drill and prove what is there so they can sell or release in a year. It will be interesting to see what happens. I know the Cassidy in 4 months time has made over 29,000 bo in the same area a vertical well the Baby Kakes made 33,000 bo in five years time in the early 2000. I guess in the next few months we will find out what kind of oil price Tall City needs to drill.

Meg Brooks welcome to the forum and the Borden County group. Feel free to ask any questions and especially feel free to add your knowledge to any of our discussions in the group.

Great article to read for Borden County and especially those leased by Tall City.

http://pbog.zacpubs.com/taking-the-pulse/

SEISMIC'S EARTHSHAKING TECHNOLOGIES ENTER A NEW ERA