Borden County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Is there any where on the internet that a person could print off a map of Borden County with sections included with roads etc.?

I have some areas of Borden County, what section(s) are you looking for?

Terry I know where our properties are located and can use the GIS map viewer on the TRC website. I would like to find a map of the area that shows section line roads etc. to make a trip down south some time. I listed our properties on one of the first few pages of this comment wall. I am excited and hopeful about the drilling program that Tall City Exp. has started in Borden and Howard Counties and the commitment of Outrigger Midstream to have a new oil and gas gathering system down by 4 quarter 2014 to work the Tall City acreage area.

Richard-

The GLO map also has a print feature.

http://www.glo.texas.gov/GLO/agency-administration/gis/index.html

Glenn Watson - Accept my friend request - do you know Marilyn H.M. Watson?

If so, we have a lot in common!!!

Rena Keane (Rowena Edwards Keane)

Richard, I have thought about making a trip out to Borden County myself. It’s been a few years…it is exciting to see what Tall City is doing in the area. They just completed a well on our property…each day the oil cut increases. Tall City seems very optimistic about the area.

Terry is that the Higgenbottom that is on your property. the last I heard was the oil was increasing each day on that well when I talked to them last week. They are drilling the Cassidy at this moment which is one of our sections, I figure we will see about 37% of the gross for our section according to the length of the lateral for section 26 and 23. Angela and Laura have been very nice and informative whenever I have called and asked questions. They had completed one well just south of the Borden and Howard border and it was producing around 470 obd at test.They should be on day 33 on the Cassidy and they are very very optimistic at what they are finding in the area. How much property do you have rights on in the area? If everything goes right I think we could have rights in at least 4 wells by the end of the year and hopefully one of them will be named the Pruitt. Was there any gas with your well?

Yes, it is the Higginbotham that is on our lease. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Laura had been. And yes, the oil cut has been increasing each day, and started producing gas this past week. We have interest position in about 1800 acres in Borden and a very small interest in Howard. All leased with Tall City.

Terry & Richard my interest is in 30-19 1# & its next door neighbor to the west. I am pretty ignorant on terminology. What does OBD mean? Is it output barrel per day? Also when do yall expect the royalties to begin to flow?

Dan the Higgenbottom 30-19#1 is the same well that Terry is talking about. Terry have they given you any rates of production and gas on the well. Dan OBD is barrels of oil produced daily. Buddy Cotton a member of the forum gave me this link to Texas law on division orders and royalty payments. http://www.oildex.com/orcforms/chevrontexasroyalty.pdf Our well the Cassidy 26-23 is running ahead of schedule, they are running casing but have not heard a date to start fracture. Terry and Dan keep me advised on how long it takes for division orders and royalty payments since your well is completed

Tall City has committed to drilling in Borden County, 11 Horizontal permits since 2-04-2014 and 5 vertical test wells.

Higginbottom 30-19 1H Block 31-3N, Dyess 17-8 IH drilling. Cassidy 26-23 1H fracture in progress. Phinizy 1-48 1H Block 31-3N,4N Clara Good 10-15 1H Block 32-3N Good 10-2 1H Block 32-3N, Suzie 4-5 1H Block 27. Pruitt 24-13 1H Block 31-3N. County Line 38-47 1H Block 31-3N. MJ Phinizy 24-13 1H Block 32-3N. WL Whitehead 5-8 IH Block 32-3N,

Correction WL Whitehead is in Block 31-3N.

How long is a approved drilling permit good for in the State of Texas?

Mr. Blake nice to have you as a member of the forum and Borden County group.There are many informative and nice members on this forum, do not be afaird to ask questions and any knoeledge you have that will benefit us let it out.

FYI from the tall city list below, Higgenbottom is producing, Cassidy has just started to produce, Dyess is being fractured.

I have minerals on section 48, block 32, T-3-N and section 38, block 32 T-3-N has anyone heard of anything going on around this area

Brian looking at the GIS map the closest permit for drilling is about 3 miles N.E. of you, one of Tall City's locations listed below on the comment wall.

Thank Richard, I'm excited to know about this group and hoping the Higginbotham is a good well. The better it is, the more activity in the area!

I will share this with the group regarding Higgenbottom. I call TC last week and they saif it was proofing @ +- 200 bpd. That sound great to me after my previous experience in Dawson County. TC is a bit disappointed --they had hoped for around 400bpd like some wells in the area are producing. They sounded like they were in no hurry on the planned sister well to the west of this one. They also indicated that our first royalty checks might be cut by the buyers of the crude in a few weeks.

Dan and Spencer and group, The Cassidy 26-23 1H just N.E. of the Higgenbottom has been producing for a week now. The first four days it had produced 1298ob with still around 190,000bw still to flow back. Mr. Beal visited the site over the weekend and the caretaker said the Cassidy was well ahead of the Higgenbottom after six days, my report was 428 ob for Thursday the last report I received. Report showed no gas but on Saturday I have a picture of them flaring gas and they set 6 oil storage tanks. Laura told me Friday they will probably be in Howard county the next 90 days but I know they are finishing the site work for the Susie B 4-5 1H in Block 27.