Borden County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Richard-

I think it is for the most part in the northern part of Borden, with Primexx and Callon Petroleum. Also seems to be a lot of activity just south of your piece in far northern Howard County, by Apache, Element, etc. Seems there's stuff going on all around us!

Gleen we might get lucky some day. There had been 3 rigs working in the County since the first of the year and jumped to five last week now six. I would like to see 15 or more and some action in both of our areas.

Is there a website that you can check proerty records, oil and gas leases for Borden County online?

Check my article on the home page to see if Borden is one of the counties online.

Wade thak you any way, Borden county is not listed on the Texas file com. Just looking for an online resource to check some leases out in Borden County.

I have an interest in Section 47, Block 31, T5N, T&P Ry Co Survey which is a little over a mile south of Gail. They want to amend the lease for another 3 years (expires in Nov. 2013). Is there sufficient activity to bolster my argument for upping the terms (I wasn't involved in the original lease and feel we got lowballed at $150 and 20%.

Red Willow Production drilled a well on that section and filed it in September 2012. It had an initial test of 24 BOPD. I would think they would have the right to continue to operate it. My family has an interest in a piece immediately to the south of yours with Chesapeake. They've filed a permit in Section 10 of 31-4N, but haven't drilled on it. There does seem to be slow but steady activity in the area. I think you all probably leased before the prices ramped up in 2011. Depending on your circumstances, I'd sit tight and keep tabs on the drilling activity in the area and see what production comes out of it. Our piece was a large piece and was done when Chesapeake was buying up rights everywhere.

Thanks.

FYI there were 15 drilling permits issued for Borden County for Jan, 2013, compared to 15 issued for the first three months of 2012, things maybe looking up, hopefully.

Glenn have you heard any new news on our areas leased by Chesapeake. I see that Apache has filed for a permit in section 9 Block 27 which is just south of us. They seem to be branching out to the North of the current activity in Howard County. There seems to be a lot of talk about the Cline Shale and what could happen in the area. Some one posted an article about the Cline Shale just in the last couple of days on the Cline Shale forum group which mentions Borden County as being one of the possible hot spots for the area.

No, Richard. Hard to tell even where exactly the Cline Shale boundaries are when you get up around Borden County. Lots of talk, not a whole lot of consistent action.

Glenn, Tall City Exp. bought our lease from Chesapeake at the end of the year and released our area except for about three sections. They are starting to drill this week in Block 31-3North sections 19 and 30 a two section horizontal and then move over to our area in section 23 another two section horizontal. Their geologist our very optimistic with what they see in the shale and a partner just drilled a little south of us in Howard County 700 obpd.

Sounds like great news, Richard. Haven't heard anything on ours. How did you find out Tall City bought the lease? I'm assuming you got some type of correspondence from TC or Chesapeake. We haven't gotten anything to my knowledge. Those sections they're drilling are right at 4 miles due south of ours. Hoping they kill it on yours!

Richard my family has a portion of this same lease. Have good hope. But we had one unfortunate (for some) experience. My sisters & I received checks in Jan 14 for the option @$200. per acre--we accepted when we were told by Tall Cities that they had "rigs at the gate". What we didn't know was that some of our cousins had a lawyer negotiate with Chesapeake for $400 acre on their options-- and had it in their lease. Their leases were singed in Mar 2011 & ours in Jan 2011. It appears Tall Cities planned to go in and start drilling without paying bonus options to the Mar 2011 signers. But as it turned out they had to pay--as they didn't get in there as fast as they thought they would. So the others all got $400 p/a. Oh well easy come--easy go. Richard --just curious we inherited the small parts we have from the Rogers family of Dawson County--are you related? I was on that old ranch one time about 1955 or 6. Had one great spring fed small lake. Wonder where they are getting the water for fracking?

Dan Iinherited my part from my step brothers grandfather S.L McCracken It is a very long story of finding a package of papers in a attic by my step brother of a trust agreement which involve the property and the First National Bank of OKC. They took over the property without a foreclosure notice and put it in their employee pension fund so our group of 7 hired an attorney. During the ten year battle FNB sold the property to two gentlemen so we had to bring them into the battle and ended up in the Okla. Supreme Court where we finally acquired it. I have only drove thru the area once so I have no idea about water.

Interesting--hope this well is a keeper

Dan I found out from Tall City that they drilled some water wells on the Higgenbottom 19-30 but they are hauling most of the water.

Glenn does your moms interest include section 47 block 31-4North.

Richard, yes it does. Heard something on it?

Yes I have, accept my friend request and send your telephone number and I will call you back with some information.