Bakken Shale - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Joel, Billings, MT may be as good or better than Regina, SK in terms of the driving portion of your trip. Both are quite a distance from Beach, ND. However, the difference is from Billings you have a straight shot entirely on Interstate Highway (I-94). While from Regina you’ll be driving on two lane roads the entire way, with the ND highway segments filled with trucks.

Perhaps the airline price is much lower by staying within Canada. Though if the airfare is comparable I’d avoid 600 miles (rt) on a busy two lane road. BTW, I’ve been reminded their is also lodging available in Wibaux, MT (ten minutes west of Beach). Good Luck on the journey.

Trying to find a room suddenly is almost impossible in the Bakken play. Sidney opened several new hotels and they are consistantly full as well. A person can’t even attend funerals from out of town because of the lack of places to stay.

Wibaux is not full I am the Manager there. We always leave 6 rooms open for travelors on highway that can be booked as early at 9 am. Buffalo Gap in Medora always has openings as well. 406-796-2666 is the number for Beaver Creek inn. Buffalo Gap 701-623-4200 in Medora and Kempton inn located in Terry Mt 406-635-5543

Joel,

So great that you are finally getting the time to make the trip! Back in “the day” friday nights for the kids in Beach would mean a trip to Wibaux lol, the two communities are really quite close and it appears that Elli has the solution! I will be waiting to get your “take” on what you see and discover and relax because while area natives tend to stick to “old ways” they are by no means out of touch with the rest of the world…smiling…

The Billings Gazette is reporting a scam–6 arrested in alleged Fort Peck drilling scam

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/arrested…

I have posted an article on the home page with online resources. Please add any additional ones available in the comments section.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/internet-resources…

Free info on ND well production: htts://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/mprindex.asp

Sandra:

You can go to the Montana Oil and Gas website; pull up the GIS map; click on your area, each time you click the map increases in size; once you get to your township/range, click on the box at top with the “i” in black background, then click on the individual well on the map and the info will appear at the bottom of the page.

Hi Charles M, or anyone, what site can I go to, to find out where Shale/Apache is drilling in Daniels County, Montana, Scobey area?

To any Canadians on here, beware, the Bank Drafts have a serious failing system. Shale Exploration has been made aware of this, so the ball is in their court.

Are there any other Canadians on here dealing with bank draft problems???

I believe that my friend Joel knew he would have a problem with a draft and had the lessee escrow payment with his US attorney.

robert:

Sounds like a pump was installed on the well bore. This drop is somewhat normal for these wells and as time goes on, the production decline will continue. Not for sure if Continental will put additional wells on the location, but most articles I read, suggest that multiple well pads will be the norm for the future. Keep in mind that the lease is now HBP so the time frame is much less critical.

Iam a mineral right holderon 157N 98W sec 9 in the Oliver field. My queston is the Cass I-9H well came on line with an initial IP of 328 bopd. After 3 months the well was reworked and the production per day dropped to 249 bopd according to the well reports which I subscribe to on the NDIC web site. The production total for the three months June thru Aug totalled a little over 19900 bopd. Ive also noticed that Continental have changed the status of the well from flowing to pumping. What does all this mean in terms of this particular well being either good or bad and how does it rate alongside the other wells in the Oliver field? Also does anyone know if there are plans afoot by Continental to put other well on this pad?

Thank you

Bob

Mr. Jones, the pump being installed is a good thing, Continental installed the pump because they knew it would be necessary. I think your well is commercially viable and will have a long life, although it’s early to make such an assessment. I think the best I could describe your well is mediocre. I will say that I do not think that Continental skimped anywhere. Continental was trying to drill a first class well with 30 frack stages and use high grade frack sands and ceramics. Unfortunately the result wasn’t good. Unless Continental thinks they just missed it, I don’t think you are going to get another well soon, especially considering that you are held by production by this well. The money from royalty on this well probably won’t be large but it does add up over time and this well could produce for 30 years although the last ten years could be 5 barrels a day or less. The fact that your well didn’t produce a great deal at the start does not mean that it is over. Your well was still producing 150 barrels a day in August. Equally important to how much is initially produced and possibly more important, is where the production levels out. If your well averages 30 barrels a day for the next 20 years, that’s 219,000 barrels of oil. It will take some time, a couple of years probably but I would keep my eye on where it leveled out.

How much is 23 acres in divide county going for? I was paid ten thousand in 2010. i hope this is where i post, let me know if i need to post elsewhere. zoey

Zoey:
You can also post under “County Groups” above. Just find North Dakota and then Divide County. These are individuals who have an interest in Divide County. I have not kept up with the current bonus rates for this area but you should get alot more bucks and better bonus money than you did in 2010. Be sure to do some research on the production figures of wells in close proximity to your mineral acreage. This is a major factor in your bonus figures.

I am in a family trust and we are charged an Owners Taxes listed on the Revenue statement.

My question is how or if I or my family reports these Owners taxes on our personal Income Tax?

I think as taxes paid, which in reality, we should get some back from the state…It’s 11.5%/barrel…I sure could use that for myself…you guys are going to have to divide your interest and that’s your share paid in…

11.5% per barrel production and severance combined and then you can add ND state income tax. If you signed for 1/6 and the operator withholds any deductions, the state gets more from your oil than you do.