Bakken Shale - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Robert J.,

Here is the current data for your well on NDIC. The runs are recorded, even while on confidential status.

Monthly Sales Data:

What does the term “oil run” mean?

Mr. Jones, runs are the term for sales. You get paid based on sales and not production. Some months they sell less than they produce and some months they sell more. There is always a little bit left in the tank, or so it seems.

Mr. Jones, what Snues posted shows 6,519 barrels of oil sold (“runs”) during the month of June. That may be everything which was produced since the well was drilled, or it may be only what was sold during June. Once it comes off confidential you’ll be able to see just how much it has in monthly production and in monthly sales. At this point it isn’t easy to say.

Iam sorry but Iam still a bit confused Mr Kennedy. It says that on June of 2012 there were 6519 oil runs on the Cass 1-9H. Does that mean that there were 6519 Barrels of oil sold in June or 6519 barrels sold from the time it was drilled back in Feb. Do they give these figures on a monthly basis until the well is taken off the confidential list?

Randall you may need to seek the help of a lawyer because if you didn’t probate them and they sat dormant the owner of the property can acquire and may own them now. There is a lawyer in Dickinson that has been working on these type of issues.

that would be my comment as well. You do need a good lawyer to help you through this as probate is HUGE. We JUST FINISHED the probate for the rights we had…we had to reopen the probates of many years ago to do it and it took much time to do this!!! Thus, we went with the law firm of Crowley Fleck out of Williston, ND. While they are up to their ears in legal work…they did a nice job of getting us “reprobated”.

your fathers advice to file the statement of claim each twenty years was excellent advice…perhaps you know the attorney he used?

My sister, brother and I inherited 40 ac. of minerals in Sheridan County ND. Is there any thing going in the area of T146N- R74W or T147N-R74W. We would like to sell these and would like to know what to expect. The Sheridan County forum didn’t show any activity so we thought this forum might be able to help. Thanks for a reply. Randall

Thanks, My dad left a notation that we had to send a statement of claim every 20 years, which we did, so I dont think it would have reverted to the surface owner. If we get a buyer we will sell subject to clearing the title. Randall

A lawyer might be able to tell you if your minerals were held in “life estate” and therefore would likely pass upon death with would not require a probate because as you say question of title must be established before you can proceed

Randall…as has been mentioned several times on this site…DON’T SELL unless you absolutely have to. You will gain FAR MORE to hold on and tap into the royalties from the oil that you would get by selling. I’ve heard this said over and over again.

David, thanks for the input. Our situation is a little different than others. We are getting up in years and have some plans for a little extra money. We fully understand the long term possibility of holding. The minerals were not probated at my fathers death in '89 so we will need help from the buyer to get that done. We live in NM & OK so are not familiar with the processes there in ND. Thanks for the reply.

True Joel, while only individuals may hold property in “life estate” it is also true that not all properties are deeded in “life estate” deeds. My understanding is that farmers are allowed to have up to three campers on their property.

Dickinson , Beach, Wibaux are all full but Miles City is a maybe.
Get on a waiting list now for spring.

It will be almost impossible to get a hotel room from Bismark to Billings. Even more harder the further north you go like Williston area. Closest you will get Dickinson is Bismark for a room. Make reservation in advance!!

REgina is a good option. We were home this summer via MSP and then Minot. Traffic wasn’t to bad along the hi-line. We avoided Williston completely. Last year we drove from Billings. A lot of traffic from Glendive to Culbertson.

I was going to suggest Wibaux also, might be worth looking into

I didn’t have to make a reservation in July to stay in Wolf Point, Montana. That is just west 1.5hrs or less from Williston on 2.

Since Golden Valley Co. is on the edge of the play you might get lucky. Though anyone coming out should make motel reservations in advance. Since summer tourism is about to end some pressure is removed. On the other hand, the coming hunting season will offer more competition for the already tight lodging.

Consider all your options. I think Beach, ND may have a motel. If not, Medora has a few and is nearby to the east of Beach. Also, not too far to the west of Beach is Glendive, MT (apx 1 hr). Glendive has several motels and should have an open room to reserve.