Application by 89 Energy and Eneco for 1S 4W

For the past year and more 89 Energy and Eneco have been filing applications with the OK Corporation Commission for sections in 1S 4W Stephens Co and copies of these documents have been sent to owners by the law offices of Michael Stack.

I wanted to create a post for this since it probably affects several hundred owners and also because I am fairly new to this and have many questions of my own. At this point, however, I am just curious to find out if anyone else in the forum has been receiving these and has any information to share.

All of the hundreds of owners are also getting those letters. Do you have a specific question?

What is going on in Sec 36 1S 4W ? Getting all kinds of offers, own 1/4 of 120 acres. Latest is $ 250,000 for my mineral rights Thanks

Black Mesa and 89 Energy are competing for operatorship of horizontal wells. Black Mesa still has pending cases. 89 energy pulled out.

Even though the past two generations of my family kept fairly organized records, there is no mention of any property in Stephens County. I guess my first question is whether or not I should pursue that or if those companies are just casting a wide net. I live in TN right now so I would probably need to hire someone local. Thanks!

1 Like

Does this mean Black Mesa will drill in 26 1S 4W in Stephens county?

It will depend upon the OCC judge. 89 Energy also has cases for that section.

You may want to search here: Stephens County | OKCountyRecords.com | County Clerk Public Land Records for Oklahoma This will take you back to 1995.

1 Like

Hello I have mineral rights insect 26 and 35 township 1 south range 4 west Stephen’s count so 89 energy sent an offer and its 1000 an acre 22%royalty and deleveraging a78.00% net revenue interest in lame terms should I wait

Higher offers have been made on those two sections. Do not lease them on the same lease form. Do each section separately. Also, do not accept the draft lease that they offer. It will not be in your favor. You can also wait for pooling. You must answer a a pooling in 20 calendar days.

1 Like

So now I cant reach any of the landman or lawyers and my aunt was told to sign and send papers in but I am hesitant to do so because I dont want to get screwed by none I want what’s fair and honest dealings my family has been thru alot and we pray for the correct order again and this could be that blessing

You do not have to lease if you do not like the terms of the lease. You can wait for the forced pooling. However, you need to make sure that you have your title documents ready to prove your ownership. You need to send the pooling response within 20 calendar days. You need to file your title documents in the county courthouse so Landmen can find you.

Many of us choose the higher royalty and lower bonus. You only get the bonus once and the higher royalty will apply to all wells covered by the lease, possibly for many decades, so usually pays off in the long run.

If you are not getting mailings from 89 Energy, then they may your ancestor instead of you in their title records. Contact them immediately 89 ENERGY, L.L.C. & ENECO, L.L.C. 105 NORTH HUDSON, SUITE 650 OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA 73102 Contact Name: MICHAEL D. STACK Contact Phone: 405-286-1717

The pooling case number is 201805155 and the hearing is supposed to be on December 9. Time is important.

1 Like

Thank you we had it done

H ello thank yall again we are receiving paper work from 89 energy and they are seeking a relief pooling on the 23rd dec

Keep an eye open for any pooling orders. If they do have the hearing on the 23rd, it may get an order or it may be postponed until 2020. If you do get an order, respond quickly by certified mail return receipt. You only have 20 calendar days. Many of us pick the highest royalty and the lowest bonus as it usually pays off in the long run,

When you respond to the pooling, state your name, the pooling case number, the order number and date and tell them which option you are choosing. Be sure to give your correct address.

Thank you again also we have not heard any thing from 89energy/ensco and still no sort or communicate from them an we also have discovered that we other sections in questions per say with in that chain of wells you mentioned thank you for that but we have been sorta run over when I asked about those but seems drilling is going on except those 2 640 tracks that we have the documentation and signed a contract of a bonus and 22% royalty and78% but then they had to stop before they was able to drill but we read something about a 21day clause on the bonus pay even if they haven’t drilled but leased from us . Thank you Mrs Barns this is a very tricky business folks like you make it possible to comprehend attached is another deed we found and it has several areas

The hearings for section 26 were supposed to be on January 7, 2020. You can track the results on the OCC dockets website. Oklahoma Corporation Commission Office of Adminstrative Proceedings. You will have to scroll down and find the case numbers. You should have gotten the mailings for all of them. If not, then contact 89 Energy at the address that I gave in the December post above. Looks like they have moved the hearings for 26 & 35 to February 19-21, 2020.

No one can drill until all the cases are heard and the orders released. These things take months.

Oh thank you for your wonderful help as always you make the way for me to have good and positive info and fillings of the sometimes frustrating events and processes of the mineral production gathering God bless and may you have a super and influx of all good in 2020

7 posts were split to a new topic: 19-3N-3E Garvin

First and foremost I want to say thank you very much for your time and we shall not forget you for us to have gotten so much further into our ancestors lives and the monetary value of the past and future thankful for all that have been involved in our work

1 Like