Anyone with experience in the Eagle Ford?

I have family in the Eagle Ford play, and they want some guidance from me, but having no experience down there, I don’t know what to do but tell them to consult an oil and gas attorney. Knowing them, they probably won’t bother, so they are right where they started. An info on rentals and or royalty?

Depending upon location anywhere from as low as $300 per acre to as high as $1000 plus per acre.

I am currently leasing in McMullen, LaSalle and Webb Counties. Can you give me an idea where the acreage is?

It is in LaSalle.

I have a leasr offer in Dimmit County for $75/acre, 1/6 royalty, 3 yr paid up lease. Seems low to me. Does anyone have any information?

How much land do they own? The location of the property will have a significant role in how much they receive as a rental / upfront payment. Royalties and lease should be 25% and terms for two or three years.

They own 162 acres.

we just drilled a well in the Eagle Ford Shale, we hit 4 sands all with oil and Gas. We’ll be drilling a horizontal one next.

I’ve got a law degree and have been in the production side of the oil and gas business for years. No cost to you just love to help.
Thanks,
Bill Jaehne

I am a landman/broker with over 5 years experience in South Texas and have been working the Eagle Ford since it’s discovery. I would be more than happy to talk to you or anyone about your family’s minerals.

I was told today our neighbor leased his place for $1000 per acre. But that some were paying $1250 to $1500 in other areas. I'd take $1250. We are in Cometa Tx. WEst of Crystal City near the Dimmit / Zavala County line

In the Cometa Texas Area, on the Zavala / Dimmit County Line 343 acres with full minerial rights. My mother in law is looking for a 3 year lease, expecting $1250 per acre with 22-24 % royalities.

Depending of course on the specific location of your acreage and the nature of your interest (term vs perpetual especially) the offer is very low. It woud be helpful to know what part of the county you are in and what you own including the number of gross acres in which you own such interest.

Bob Clark said:

I have a leasr offer in Dimmit County for $75/acre, 1/6 royalty, 3 yr paid up lease. Seems low to me. Does anyone have any information?

Depending of course on the specific location of your acreage and the nature of your interest (term vs perpetual especially) the offer is very low. It woud be helpful to know what part of the county you are in and what you own including the number of gross acres in which you own such interest.

Bob Clark said:

Is there any demand for (surface and/or mineral) lease acreage in Southeastern Zavala? About 5-10 miles west of Crystal City - Tortuga Ranch is the general area.

Mr. Wenzel, in case you didn’t see this on Ms. Moreland’s page, may I ask what your final agreement was, in terms of signing bonus and monthly fracional rate? I have mineral acreage that I am now in the process of negotiating as well. Thanks in advance,

kl

Brian Wenzel said:

In the Cometa Texas Area, on the Zavala / Dimmit County Line 343 acres with full minerial rights. My mother in law is looking for a 3 year lease, expecting $1250 per acre with 22-24 % royalities.

You might just contact Turner Williamson at the RRC in Austin. turner.williamson@rrc.state.tx.us He does new field geology etc. He certainly knows about the eagleford and talking to him is free.

Kenny,

We have 343 acres that is in Cometa area and we back up to the PERLITZ RANCH. We were offerred $1250 per acre and 20% royalitys. My mother in law DID NOT SIGN. Some of the working in the contract was not to her liking.

She is still looking for a Landman to bring her a sound offer to lease this 342 acres in Zavala County. I hear landmen are still paying good bonus money and up tp 25%.

Good Luck with your property

Kenny Love said:

Mr. Wenzel, in case you didn’t see this on Ms. Moreland’s page, may I ask what your final agreement was, in terms of signing bonus and monthly fracional rate? I have mineral acreage that I am now in the process of negotiating as well. Thanks in advance,

kl

Brian Wenzel said:

What county? Parts of the Laredo area are $2500-3500 per acre bonus(and climbing), 22.5%-25% royalty, 3yr term Gonzales, Fayette, Washington $1000per acre, 22.5%-25%, 3yr term. Good website for Eagleford that provides comments from Shalers all over Texas and Louisiana is gohaynesvilleshale.com. To track the O&G companies, look at the Texas Railroad Commission. You can look up the companies by name, specifically were they are drilling, and even the landowners names(most of the time). Best people to contact are surrounding land owners, but TRRC you can track movement of play(depending on how much time you want to spend).

Mother in law signed up this past month in the Cometa Area. Next to the Perlitz Ranch. She rec’d $750 per acre on bonus money and 22% She left 2 offers on the table at 1250 and $1500…but got tired of playing games and took the faster money.

Brian Wenzel said:

Kenny,

We have 343 acres that is in Cometa area and we back up to the PERLITZ RANCH. We were offerred $1250 per acre and 20% royalitys. My mother in law DID NOT SIGN. Some of the working in the contract was not to her liking.

She is still looking for a Landman to bring her a sound offer to lease this 342 acres in Zavala County. I hear landmen are still paying good bonus money and up tp 25%.

Good Luck with your property

Kenny Love said:

kl

Brian Wenzel said: