Amite County, MS - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Does anyone know if there is drilling around Township 1N, R3E, Sec. 32?

If you do not lease your mineural rights how does that affect you if a well is drilled on adjoining property.

What are the non-consent laws and penalties if you are a mineral owner but don't was lease your minerals?

I believe, but please check, that in Amite County these fields are not "unitized" as some in Pike County. Which means if they drill on someone else's property, only the mineral right owner will be entitled to compensation. If they drill on your property, you, and only you are compensated. Please check with an oil and gas attorney, as I am not absolutely positive, but believe this is how it works.

Morning all, I'm a reporter in Jackson hoping to follow drilling developments in Amite County. I was curious if anyone would be interested in sharing their stories about sorting through all these complex issues, and working with oil and gas companies on leasing minerals, etc. I can't keep your name of it if you'd like. Anyone who's interested, feel free to shoot me a message, email me at ryan [at] jacksonfreepress [dot] com or call 601.362.6121. Thanks.

new to the group, interested in any information, t4n r6e section 1. 82 acres of minerals, no surface. are there better sources for future interest by oil companies in acertain area? if you are interested in leasing, how do you decide who to lease to? is there an advantage to waiting before signing lease?

Another "new to the group' with mineral interest in T2N, R2E, Sec 33 & 34. How can I find out if there is leasing activity in my area?

Thanks

bmc

I've just heard that Encana is leasing in the area and standing pat on a 250/acre bonus with 1/5 royalty. Any comments?

My aunt got a call from Encana landman the other day offering 3 year lease $300/acre with 1/5 royalties. Is that along the line of other offers? It's much better than we've had in the past.

Hello Shawn, whay is the TS, Range and Sec? Just curious, thanks Ralph

Shawn, I would also like to know your TS, Range and Sec. I don't know anything and there is not much information sharing in this group.

For knowledge purposes, I talked with a buyer of mineral rights. Anyone been approached to sell your mineral rights as oppose to leasing/royalties? Another question, I may have asked earlier, when the surface owner leases the acreage for potential drilling, when would the mineral rights owners be notified? Thx Ralph

We have portions of Sections 2, 30, 41 and 42, Township 1North Range 4 East and Section 29, Township 2 North Range 4 East.

Any new leasing going on in Amite county lately? Have the bonus amounts gone up any? Looking to lease in November possibly. That 's when I'll get my deed to the land I'm about to inherit.

Does anyone know where to see the latest well count or the current official Mississippi Oil and Gas production maps, I only get one from like back ten years ago. Where do we see the current one's.

Can anyone tell me how to see the latest comment, how to get to the page where it's posted no matter what group or discussion it's in? Is there a button or choice I just don't see on the main page?

I have just received a notice of rescission of the lease I signed in 2011 for Section35, Township 1 North, Amite county. It was sent by Audubon Oil and Gas on behalf of Encana Oil and Gas. Does anyone have updated infomation on what is going on there? Appears that they are pulling out of the area. ??

ANY BODY CARE TO SHARE WHAT THEIR LEASES WERE FOR SO I CAN HAVE AN IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT FOR MY LEASE WHEN I GET ONE? I'M JUST 7 MILES NORTH OF LIBERTY, MS IN AMITE COUNTY.

300 per acre and one- fifth royalty is not that rare ,but lately action has slowed way down especially in northen amite county,