Amite County, MS - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Mr. Buie I listed my sections in an earlier post. I have parts of Sections 13, 19, and 24.

Carolyn, I guess you are referring to Facebook? If so, I am not on Facebook. Ralph

I am still hearing $250 to $300 per acre is lease?? Had some interest but I have not committed to anything, yet. I think we should all share what we know, that's just my opinion.

Was offered $275. Amite county will never be like Haynesville. We must remember that we cant compare to their lease rates.

Does it make a difference if you own surface and mineral rights? Which I do. Haven't seen this addressed anywhere. Shouldn't there be a clause for damage on surface if such caused by oil company??

I only own the minerals. Most of the tracts are 1200 acres. So if they drill in the 1200 acre track where my 90 acre track is, and they find oil, I get the percentage of 90/1200 x .2 x bopd x ppb x 30 days on a monthly basis. They may never need the surface area of my 90 acres. If they actually need to dril through the surface above my 90 acres, they usually pay the surface owner a rental rate for each acrea. this rate would be very low when compared to the mineral rates.

Because of the above, I believe surface leases are seperate from mineral leases and are only needed if the oil company needs to drill from a top the surface of your minerals.

Anthony, thx for the info. So if a surface area is drilled, when would the mineral rights owner be notified? I wrote this tp Rodney Taylor for soem info a while back, but no response: Thx Ralph

Mr. Taylor, how are you? Maybe you can enlighten me. I have just recently noticed a lot of activity in Amite County for gas and oil. If true, I own a Royalty Deed for 10 Royalty Acres in all that part LOT 3 lying North of Liberty and Jackson, Louisiana Public Rd in Sec. 30, Township 2 North, Range 3 East, 49 acres more or less. I have Royalty acres of 10/392 (not sure what this equates to). The present owner of the land is David McDowell,from what I can gather. Ralph

So I you lease you minerals, how do you know where they will surface drill?? And if they surface drill, it is usually 1200 acres? I understood that the goal was 1 or 2 wells on each section? Is that right? And if you don't lease, they will still remove the oil, right out from under you. Is that right??

I believe the drilling company would contact you if they plan to drill in the 1200 acre block that you are part of, but then again they may only contact the surface owner of the immediate drilling area, assuming all of the minerals in the 1200 acre block are leased. Not sure about 1 or 2 wells per section (1200 acre area), but it makes since because of the long laterals they are drilling. If the drilling produces a commecially viable well, then all mineral owners in the 1200 acre section would be notified.

I dont think there is any way to determine where the drillers will decide to drill from a surface standpoint. That all depends on their internal research.

If you decide not to lease your minerals, not sure they can take your oil. I would think they could petition the MOGB to force the issue, assuming most all of the other minerals in the section are leased.

Any big finds yet in Amite or just landmen speculation? Ralph

Nothing due on my end.

Anybody heard any news on fracing going on? What about leasing? Anybody leased? Had some neighbors with offer $325 acre, which I thought was great.

Jan,Haven't heard much of anything. Know they are drilling on the Anderson?? place. It's like a "hush-hush" hog killing----not much sharing of info. Saw an Encana Corp truck at Ward's this weekend. Don't think there have been many leases signed though. I am interested in contacting a landsman for discussion.

Encana contacted me, after I sent an inquiry, to say they aren't leasing in my area yet. I am on the Pike/Amite county line right off Enterprise Road. Then I had a call from Chauvin, but we have been missing each other, that they are leasing. I think Encana is waiting to see what happens this week, or next, with the fracking, which should tell the tale if this whole thing is going to be a go. You are right. Hush hush deal. Will post when I hear more.

Linda, where are you located? Ralph

Any real action in Amite?

Sorry, left this off- but I guess most of the Amite group already knows.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2012/02/amite_county_mississippi_oks_f.html

I am new to this forum and to the whole oil/gas discussion in general. My family inherited mineral rights to 54 acres in Section 32. Any information regarding drilling around this area would be appreciated. Also I have done a google search for a map outlining the sections so I can see where they lie in relation to each other but have not found one yet. Does anyone know where I can find this?

http://www.gomdot.com/Divisions/IntermodalPlanning/resources/Maps/pdf/CountyHighwayMaps/Amite.pdf

Susan, I have a nice map, but it is on my other laptop. I will try and get the linl to you. Seems the chatter on this forum stalled fro a while- is there not much going on? Also, I will give this one more try, anyone on this forum with mineral rights in or around LOT 3 lying North of Liberty and Jackson, Louisiana Public Rd in Sec. 30, Township 2 North, Range 3 East? Thx Ralph

Here's a good production map showing the sections of Amite county. The production is only through 2001 so it's very old but you can see how the sections are laid out.

http://geology.deq.ms.gov/energy/prodmaps/AmiteProdMap.pdf