Amite County, MS - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Amite County, MS. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Havwe mineral in Wilkinson county was offered 3/16 and150 an acre to lease seem a little low to me .

Just assisted a mineral owner in Amite Cty. 150 and 3/16 was offered. Went with another company at 200 and an escalating royalty base on depth.

offered 1/5 and 200 an acre in wilkinson county

Was offered 175.00 per net mineral acre 3/16 royalty 3 year term In amite county

signed for $200 an acre and 1/5 royalty 3 years

Is there much mineral leasing going on in Amite County or Mississippi in general?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/28/us-energy-giant-idUSTRE7BR0G420111228

IN CASE YOU HAVEN"T SEEN THIS.............WELL TEST RESULTS

Bob

Official: Test results encouraging from shale

Posted on December 16, 2011 at 6:50 am by Associated Press in Fracking, Natural Gas, Shale

|

BATON ROUGE, La. — Energy companies are reporting encouraging test results from the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale across the span of central Louisiana, the state’s natural resources chief says.

According to The Advocate, Devon Energy Corp. has reported an initial test of 120 barrels a day in its first completed horizontal well in East Feliciana Parish. Indigo Minerals LLC has reported that its Rapides Parish well’s initial production was 540 barrels a day.

Department of Natural Resources Secretary Scott Angelle said there is more work to be done to determine how far petroleum explorers will go with investments.

Amelia Resources LLC president Kirk Barrell said 10 to 20 wells will be needed before the industry can best determine how to produce in the formation. The shale spans the central part of the state. Researchers have said it may contain as much as 7 billion barrels of oil.

Companies will need to determine how many stages of a process called hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, are needed and how best to perform that task, Barrell said. In fracking, drillers force millions of gallons of water, sand and chemicals under high pressure into the formations to make cracks in the shale. The sand props the cracks open, releasing the oil.

The process has been questioned by environmentalists who fear groundwater contamination.

While a well’s initial production rate is important, another key to measuring performance is the first year of the well’s production, Barrell said.

In general, a shale well’s production drops 70 percent to 80 percent over the first 12 months, Barrell said. The bulk of the well’s production occurs during the first two to three years of operation.

Indigo Minerals and Devon have each leased more than 240,000 acres in the formation.

Devon recently reported that it is near the target depth on another Tuscaloosa Marine Shale well in Tangipahoa Parish, and the company has obtained permits for two wells in the formation in East Feliciana Parish.

Encana Corp., one of the major players in north Louisiana’s Haynesville Shale natural gas formation, also announced it has reached target depth on a horizontal Tuscaloosa Marine Shale well in St. Helena Parish. But Encana has not yet reported initial production figures.

Hello to the forum. I joined to keep abreast on discussions of mineral rights and any activity in the area of Amite County, MS where I have some minerals rights. To be more specific, the area is LOT 3. Sec 30, Township 2 North, Range 3 East, 49 acres more it less. This has been in the family for over 63 yrs, not sure if anything at all has ever been done in this zone/land. Comments are quite welcome.

a lot of activity going on, but I too still have mineral rights for lease. Township 2 North, Range 6 East, Section 21, 90 acres. with some of the Encana wells doing well with bopd, the activity should increase.

Anthony, thanks. What does it take to get interest for a potential mineral rights lease? I have Royality acres of 10/392, whatever this means. Where are the Encana wells located? What have been the general lease agreements over the past year? All comments welcome. Thx Ralph

Friends,

If you really want to know if there is leasing going on in your parish or county, there's no better way than to pay a short visit to your Chancery Clerk's office at your local Courthouse and you will find out very quickly whether or not there is anything going on in your area.

I'll bet that there is plenty going on if you live or own property in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale area. Amite County is one of the "hot" ones.

What's going on here folks is very simalar to what happened at Orlando FL in the mid 1970's when Disney was buying up land, in small chunks, using multiple real estate agencies, at distressed prices until they had filled their needs and then announcing their building of Disney World!

You not going to hear much about this fabulous discovery until the land is nearly all leased.

This is exactly what has happened across central Lousiana over the past two years when companies like Devon, Densbury, Amelia, Indigo and scores of others have been working daily to accumulate leases for $175 to $185/acre. These leases, containg in excess of 2.5 million acres have been recently sold to the Chinese, French and other governments and foreign companies for $5,000 per acre PLUS other extremely valuable considerations. Wow! Huh?

The landmen started six months or more ago moving into Mississippi, the last of the unleased mineral rights. They work the land quietly, methodically and with well organized mapped out plans. Its not unusual to see a team of 8-12 landsmen from one leasing company working out of one courthouse.

When you go to the courthouse you can chat with any of these landmen. They will be happy to talk to you. Talk to as many as possible!

Don't give your land away, friend, to some oil company in order for them to make a fortune from it. Share it with them!

We had so many landmen working out of one of our nearby courthouses that there nearly was a riot and the sheriff's deparment had to be called in.

Be vigilant, smart and move quickly or very slowly depending on what your instincts tell you...Good luck!

Bob Buie Sr

Amite County group, still just a little confused. Need some help. I assume th landmen are at the county courthouses to see who owns the mineral rights to a said piece of land? If this is true, then I would think in this day and age why would anyone not know of the "scams" and the resale of such leases to occur. So help me, if someone, like me has 10 Royalty acres and some one says $200-$250/acre, what does this really mean? Does set a price for the royalty payments and who or what determines this?

How does one protect oneself from not getting ripped-off so to speak or is holding-out, in the end, a good thing or bad? Thx Ralph

I Just had a new offer, #3

200ac 3yr + 120ac 2yr option @ 3/16th royalty.

Personally I am not remotely interested in leasing at these rates.

what range, section and township are you in? thanks…anthony

i get a lot of my info on activity in the area from http://tuscaloosatrend.blogspot.com/

I am in 1N & 2N-6E

I’m in Wilkinson County (a little east of Hwy 61). Last week I received an unsolicited offer of $200.00 Cash bonus/per acre with 3/16th royalty on a 3 yr. primary Term and a 2 yr. Option to Renew at $120.00. I am very green when it comes to minerals leasing, and need to educate myself before I do anything. Do you guys know of any groups (other than this one) that meet to discuss leasing in this area?

My family owns land in Amite County and the landmen that my family is dealing with are saying two things: 1. That they are willing to negotiate the mineral rights lease and royalties but refuse to give any consideration on either; 2. We asked for the Pugh Clause to be inserted into the lease but I received a phone call this morning that said that neither is possible. Is anyone else having any difficulties with this and where can I get a list of other landmen from? Makes us wonder if this is another shady deal that takes all your rights away as a landowner.