Amite County, MS - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

About this notice of rescission, does Encana want to just end the lease or are they asking to get bonus money back too? Are they saying there is something wrong with the lease or do they just want to go back on it? Something doesn't sound right about this at all. What range is this in? Please give more info, please.

Update to my comment below. I was incorrect. The rescission was for a lease proposal not an agreed upon lease. The proposal was for $150 per acre and 3/16 royalty dated April, 2011.

Has anyone in TS 2N, R3E received any offers? Ralph

Yes,signed back in July found this site afterward did not know what I was doing

What is your sec. in TS 2N, R3E? I have rights in Sec 30, Lot 3. My family has had these rights since the 40's, and I am a little suprised no one has at least showed a little interest, makes me wonder if something is not copacetic. Ralph

They are in sec21,35,&36 not sure what is going on up there as I live in La. Was thinking about driving up there for the Hollidays! This land has been in our family for a very long time.My dad and uncle have leasesed a few time in the past but never any drilling!!

Has anybody on the board done any leasing business with Robert Ford?

Can anyone give me information as to what is going on in sections 21, 22,33, Township 2 North, Range 4 East; in terms of mineral leasing and/or drilling activities. Thanks.

I guess not a lot going on in the TS 2N and R3E/R4E or or just difficult to get info on this site. I wish I could help more, but do not live on the area. Ralph

Can anyone give me information on what is going on in Amite County, MS in terms of leasing mineral rights? I've contacted most of the companies working (drilling and/or leasing) in the County. They all are telling me that they are currently not leasing, but not while they are not! Does anyone know the reason(s)? I've property located at TS-2N, R4-East.

Can anyone tell me if drilling and/or permitting activities are occurring in TS-2N-R5E, TS-1N-R5E, TS-1N-R4E, TS-2N-R3E and TS-3N-R4E areas in Amite County? If so, how can I locate the specific sites where these activities are taking place? My family and I own unleased Mineral Rights (180 net acres) in TS-2N-R4E section. I would very much appreciate any information one can provide. Thanks.

P.S. - Several offers have been made to buy our Mineral Rights; however, we don't want to sell!

Jimmie, thanks for asking the questions below, this site seems to have a gag order on it, so lets see what happens. You mentioned the several offers, I have gotten zero, not looking to sell either, but if the price is right... I have mineral rights in TS-2N-R3E, Sec 30. Also acres in Forrest County as well. Ralph

Jimmie, email me at rwlowe2000@gmail.com. Thx Ralph

are there any new gas pipelines in Louisiana... there is one going down across the street from me...

The company name that is laying down the pipeline is Boots Smith, does anyone know anything about this pipeline going down?? Also there is an active Oil rig on the opposite side of the road also near my land... how do I find out if the person owning this are actually "taking" it from a pool on my land?? Any help?

Where are you located?? Did you sign a lease with anyone??

Does anyone have info if the oil companies have made a decision as to the "lucrative benefits" of continuing to drill? Or any news??

Jan,

On April 23, Encana and Goodrich stated they were "prepared to ramp up with success" in the TMS play. They seem to be concentrating in Amite County in the following Townships/Ranges: 1N/4E, 1N/5E, 2N/3E, 2N/5E & 3N/4E areas. They have around 13 state approved permits to drill wells this year.

Thanks for the update. I'm in 3N/6E. Hoping they come my way!!

Jimmie Powell - We are in 1N/3E - - any word on that area? We are in north Alabama so its hard for us to get information other than these boards. Thanks for any updates anyone has.