Woods County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Stacy, ca you tell me what “spud on 10/31/12” meas?

The pooling does not show the interest in a trust but it did get in your dad’s name somehow that is why it is listed in the pooling, now we need to know how and when. It looks like the interest was transfered to your dad and uncles and not to the trust at some point . Did anyone talk about how big your interest was. Anyone still around that would know want went on.

Looking at the report I see gas a lot of times and oil a few. Do they pay for gas? Also they have been active on one well for many years!

Oh great. I don’t have money for an Attorney. I remember Jay talking about 8 acres but can’t remember if it was just my Father’s share or all of them together. I’m pretty sure it was 8 each.

Would we be able to claim our Aunt’s and Uncle’s share as well? They had no children. Just one Aunt had a set of twins.

Did you put it in your name ? They have your father listed along with others with the name, It shows address unknown for all of them.

Ron, what does it mean in a pooling order for the “proportionate share of costs”?

Stacy This is called a working interest, WI ,and you can take it with any or all of your interest. They have to give you this option.

It’s all tax deductible. Where is the section that is not leased ?

Nick, can you tell me where you got the information for the well and how we find out the actual dollar amount of production and how to claim our share of it? Even tho I gave my mailing address, phone, and email to them, they did not contact me or offer me any lease.

Lora Don’t worry it will all work out. Did they Probate your Dad’s Estate ?

My two Uncles Merrill and Ed were the executors of my grandfather’s will and they paid us my Father’s share of the inheritance in 1969 for the cash. I didn’t know about the mineral rights until last year when Chesapeake contacted me.

Stacy is that in 27n-17w

Herbert, it means they started drilling Oct. 31. Ron, sorry, yes it is 12-27N-17W.

I followed the link you gave me and there is a lot of info there. I found one list with both oil and gas listed by the month for production but can’t find it again. They have been drilling there for a long time. I plan to call them and see what they say. Do you know the production list I am talking about?

How do I find it again? I am only being able to see this year’s production on the one active well but I did see another one that had a long list of what was produced in previous years and I can’t find it again.

oh wow, where did you find that Nick? I saw it once and can’t get back to it, lol.

ok. I heard back from the lady at Superior Resources and she said I need to contact Chesapeake. Also can you give me the link to the main page as I keep getting the page to ask for info on the wells. I’m sorry to be such a bother.

No. Grandfather first, and uncles executed the will. My Father’s share went into a trust for us kids. We got cash but no mention of the mineral rights.

How and when did the minerals pass to your dad ? Who did the minerals go to in your Dad’s will and who handled it ?