Wolfberry Play - Permian Basin archives

I hope the permits are being processed now and the drilling commences sooner than you think, Jack.

Ralpr

Sub 40 oil will slow down drilling even more in the Permian and other plays. As always, it will come down to economics and ROI as well as identifying and exploiting the "sweet spots" in the various benches (since the O&G prospectivity is far from uniform across the basin)

I recently learned my siblings and I own 480 acres in Permian Basin, Glasscock County. We are being contacted by leasers. Do we let them set it all up, cost? What's a reasonable valuation? My mom owned it, now deceased. We do not know if the previous lease ever drilled. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Kevin,

You might want to join the Glasscock County Group. Go to the top of the Main page and click on Groups and then click on Counties and go from there.

Clint Liles

As to your Glasscock County acreage, not all areas are created equal due to the variations in the subsurface geology. This will definitely impact any lease offers you may receive. Where are your minerals located (e.g. with respect to Garden City)?

Our acreage is located 10 miles straight west of Garden City and 4 miles south of Dewey Lake. Thanks, Rock Man.

From those directions, that is a good and active area. Companies like XTO and RSP Permian are actively drilling there as are RP Petroleum. I believe that Energen is also active in the area and Pioneer and Crownquest are drilling just north of the area you describe.

These are all horizontal drilling operations and active - even in today's lower price environment. So the operators' internal economics must be pretty good

Good Morning,

we have 240 acres in DAWSON county to lease, it is block 35 section 2 T4N, there are four of us, we are not interested in selling only leasing. if you have any questions please e-mail me on here or at marc.rogers33@yahoo.com thank you have a happy new year!

Mr. Rogers you need to go under market place on the forum to lease your minerals instead of in the groups.

Any knowledge of activity, say around Gaines Co, at this time?

Most of Gaines County activity to tied to shallow San Andre drilling and development. Check Tx RRC for the latest activity and updates on new wells and completion

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/about-us/resource-center/research/gis-viewers/#

https://pbs-sepm.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/H.Scott-Hamlin.pdf

Highly recommend buying Scott’s book about the Wolfberry geologic characteristics and properties.

Ralpr

A simple thing to remember about any O&G trap - you need both reservoir and pore space (even nano pores) to hold the O&G but you also need a source to fill those pore spaces.

Horizontals and frac'ing can unleash trapped O&G is super low perm rock ("shales"), but that approach in rock with no active charge / source of O&G will only get a little bit of heavy oil and lots of water (and lose tons of $$$).

Just calling it as I see it based on almost 40 years in the O&G field - including a considerable amount of time in the Permian Basin as well as chasing these unconventional reservoirs

Good Afternoon,

My family and I have 2 areas of land to LEASE not sale in DAWSON county there are 4 of us, we have 240 acres in section 2 block 35 T4N, we have had wells on this land before, just not drilled but about 5000 ft so I know there is oil there, plus we have 160 acres for lease it is located at section 28 block 35 T5N, we are open to lease all together or by themselves.

please contact me on here or at marc.rogers33@yahoo.com