Williams County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Williams County, ND. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Great activity in williams now. What is the bonus and royality now?

I am also wondering what the mineral bonus per acre is in Williams county. I am hearing very low to very high. We are located 14 miles west of Ray with our minerals and it appears that we are on the “Lake”. We are hopeful that we can get some help with what bonus’s are being offered. T156N R100W S1 SW4

my brothers and sister and I were approached by bakkenoil.

we each have a share of our own of a divided property.

They want to give us 1/6 royalty and $364 3 year lease. each.

mine is T154N R96W5thPM

any info?

vicky, my family has been offerred $1500 bonus, 20% for 3 year. keep looking. I understand that bonus’s can be go for $100.00 to $5000.00. we have been contacting the companies.

Ref. To: ND, Williams Co. T156, R95W, S13:SW

my source indicates leases being offered @ 1K per acre, 1/6th royalty.

We received an unsolicited (non competitive) offer of 3/16 18.75%, $1,000 and another 1/5 20%, $1,000 for T153, R102

Yes, in Williams 3 year and 1/5 royalty is the standard now. I’d expect $1,000 to $3,000 per acre depending on your area (more towards the river).

We are just minerals owners too, but we will take a working interest at times. In order to participate we will sometimes lease from other mineral owners.

Does anyone know the current bonus/acre rates for Williams County in T157;R103 area? Our lease will expire until early next year but top leasing may be an option.

We were contacted last Oct with a 500 per acre 18.75%, we decided to look into what was happening in Williams County by reading and learning all that we could. Another offer came in first part of this year for an extra $25 per acre. We contacted Landman at Bringham Exp. and a lawyer and finally settled for the above amount, huge activity going on in ND, very exciting.

This may sound stupid - but I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly where my land is. It’s all in Twnship 159 N., but when I try to look that up I don’t have much success - I can’t figure out the actual name. Also, some is in Range 101 West, and some in Range 102 West. Can anyone refer me to a source for ND maps?

Thank you so much!

Mike:

My thought is Cont. Res. is getting serious in the Ray-Bakken Pool in that the establishment of 13/1280 spacing units w/ up to 7 wells on a spacing unit. My thinking is that they will utilize an eco-pad program in that area whereas several rigs will be tied up for sometime in just that area. I have no idea what the time factor will be or if Cont. Res. is handling their drilling in other areas of the Bakken in this manner. I have a feeling that if this practice becomes widespread, wells will be drilled and a majority will be waiting on frac jobs just in one area.

T155 R97 Sec 4 & 5 T157 R98 Sec34 was leased in may 2010 at $500 bonus/acre & 3/16 royalty first time lease. today I believe I would do better’ in 2010 we had a lawyer out of Williston look and his thought at the time was we were getting top rate in our areas.

Elizabeth:

If you will go to the North Dakota Industrial Commission website, click on GIS Map on left side, when screen w/map appears, click on SECTION (on left hand side); At bottom of map, put in your Township, Range and Section and it will display your area. We have minerals in T157N;R103W and there is current drilling going on by G-3 Operating to the East of our area.

Hello all I am new to group and oil & gas world, It seems we have 2 wells in T155 R97 one in sec 4 & one sec 5 both are still on confidential list our other MRs are in T157 R98 SEC34 leased to cont. resources. On the april docket CR requested a expansion of the Ray oil field which would include our piece plus alot more. I don’t know how this effects price’s but if anyone has MRs around those parts check ndic docket #14549 4/28/11 I’m waiting to see map change to reflect this request but nothing as of yet. any one with any thoughts or info.

My mother was offered $500 bonus/acre and 3/16 royalty for a one-year extension in Township 153N, Range 100W, Sections 20, 28 & 29, but I think it is way too low. I’m interested in what other folks have been offered or have negotiated.

I’m thinking that $700-$900 bonus/acre would be obtainable for acreage in these areas. I would not sign for more than 3 years and the 3/16% royalty sounds correct. Also, I would insist on Pugh Clauses in the negotiations. As additional wells are drilled in this county and good production is a proven factor, these bonus amounts will become higher along with the royalty %'s. Again, let’s keep each other informed so we can all get the most for our minerals.

Mr. Mallory:

Thanks for the response to my query, Do you know if Cont. Res. is waiting on frac jobs in the Dollar Joe field? Well called Cheyenne 1-4H T155 R97 SEC4 is dated to come off confidential list 10/11/2011 so do you think it’s waiting on frac job at this time. Thanks again,