Williams County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Mike:

The only thing that I know is from what information I read on "Million

Dollar Way" website and all indications is that numerous wells are awaiting frac jobs at the present time. You can go to that website and read the article dated either today or yesterday. Seems like there is a need for additional frac crews in the Bakken area but it is extremely important that these jobs are not rushed as it can be the difference in a great well or a marginal well.

To All Williams County Mineral Owners: Just an idea, but considering that top leasing and re-leasing will be occurring over the next few months on these expiring leases in Williams County, it would be very informative to all members on this board to post your bonus amounts and % royalty amounts along with the Township/Range/Section of your area. When we are approached by landmen or companies, this would give each of us an idea what the going rates are in order to negotiate a fair price lease. Any comments!

Friends, Let’s use the “Oil and Gas Leases in Williams County” discussion above to post all of our lease rates, bonuses, township/range information. It will keep it all in one discussion, so it doesn’t get lost with all of the other comments.

Good luck negotiating!

Just scanned over the Dockets for June on the NDIC website. I was amazed how many applications pertained to Williams County. This is a solid sign that drilling activities are about to pick up for this county. Any other comments?

Good article in the “Million Dollar Way” website about Geo Resources, Inc. (G-3 Operating). It appears that this company is adding additional rigs in the Williams County area. I feel that they realize how many leased acres currently remain which are nearing expiration dates.

Interesting twist in things around my mineral area in Williams County. Learned after talking to G-3 that even though they have our area temp. spaced, Samson or Marathon owns the majority of acres thus it will most likely be one of them who drills if drilling occurs. Has anyone had any experience with either of these operators?

My goal is to verify the acreage he retained. He normally kept a some of each transaction. Does the county have microfish that date to the 1950’s?

I have my fathers old log book from 1952. He was a land man and I would like to get an idea of what it would cost to verify some of the records he kept. such as, if I provided the grantor, grantee, date and acres in WM’s Cnty what would it cost to verfy the information in the log is correct? And get the document/recording data? the buy and sale would span about a year. thanks

Louise:

The only avenue I can think of to verify the accuracy of old records would be through the NDIC. In Texas, the Railroad Commission of Texas maintains old records for all well records but these records consists of original drilling data and work done on the well. I don’t really understand what you are looking for but again, the NDIC would be my first stop.

Louise:

I can’t answer that question but I would contact the NDIC records department and they should be able to help you. If he retained the mineral acreage, it should be on file at the County Clerks office in Williston. I am assuming Williston is the County Seat.

Has anyone heard of the future drilling plans for the far west sections in Williams County including the border sections. This area has seen little drilling activity over the past few months.

Has anyone heard of the Diomedes Project (Marathon Oil Company). Currently, Marathon has new well in the Strandahl Field as part of this project.

this kind of news is always disheartening.

WILLISTON, N.D. – One fatality and several injuries have been reported after an explosion at an oil rig south of here Wednesday evening.

The McKenzie County Sheriff’s Office confirmed one death and said several were injured, WDAY-TV reported.

Fire crews were still on scene and no further details were released as of press time.

The sheriff’s office said emergency personnel were called to the scene about seven miles south of Williston around 5:46 p.m.

It was the second oil rig fire of the day. The first took place north of Williston in the early morning

Jaime:

Where exactly is the Koala Project area that Kodiak operates? I am not quite sure what area was actually aquired by Kodiak.

Jaime:

Thanks for the map. This area does not affect me as my minerals are located in T157 near the MT border. Marathon is currently getting active my area with a couple new drills, one of which is just one section over from mine. Hopefully, drilling will contnue to stay active in this Strandahl field area.

Kodiak Oil & Gas buys 13,500 acres for $235 million http://kodiakog.investorroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=158

Charles:

In the image below you can see exactly where the Koala Project area is located and what the area acquired is. I hope this helps!

http://www.kodiakog.com/images/map_WmsCtyAcq092711.jpg

My family received an offer to top lease Wm’s Co. T 156N -R 95W Sec. 11,13,14 from Opteryx. They offer 2k per acre, 15% when they finish their title report, 85% w/in 10 days of our lease expiring, 3-4 months from now & 20% RI. XTO has the lease now. Does anyone have anything to say about Top Leases or Opteryx? What’s to prevent A top lease Co. from dragging their feet on the title report, thus not paying anything until the lease expires and walking away should the current lessor drill? thanks

Louise:

One solution to your question is to include an expiration date in your top lease offer in regards to the title search period. I would give them fair time to do their research but not time to string you along. In regards to top leases, I have done them in the past and had very good luck with them except I was stern in my dealings with the top lessee and was paid on time. When is your expiration date on these minerals? This sounds like a good top leasing offer and I would definately persue it. Be sure and add pugh clauses to the new lease and limit the lease to 3 years. My minerals are located in T157N;R103W which is not far from yours so these top lease offer figures have been very helpful as mine will be expiring mid 2012. Good luck.

Charles- thanks for commenting. XTO lease expires 2/26/12.