What does DMOA stand for?

There was another hearing in OKC docket today for 10-5N-5W. Results are listed as DMOA (dismissed motion of applicant). Does that mean this this is the end of what Camino was trying to get approved?

Dismissed Motion of Applicant.

Does that mean that is the end of the drilling Camino was trying to get approval for?

It means Camino has dropped its plan of development for now.

Martha, is there any way of finding out what happened here? Camino spent months working on this and then to drop it? I would really like to find out what happened. Thanks.

It happens all the time unfortunately in these “new horizontal shale plays”. Without looking up the surrounding wells, Im guessing an offsetting well was drilled that was lackluster and they are diverting their resources to other areas.

Thank you, Bob. The thing is that that there is currently an existing well (the Black Mesa in Section 10 and 3) that I have an interest in and is currently producing and was drilled by Camino. It was completed in Feb of 2020 and production is declining but Camino has known this, of course, and still has proceeded with their plans to drill four more wells on Section 3 and Section 10. It was continued in court three or four times but finally the Motion of applicant was dismissed yesterday. I am trying to understand what new information they have or what changed their minds.

I’m a Rookie at this, but I see permits to drill were recorded the 19th of September. Someone above my grade code would have to explain if they’re related to the case you referenced. It looks like they may not be multi unit wells, but that’s an informed guess. Luck.

I am hoping Martha will respond and give her thoughts on this. Thank you.

Does that include Section 10? Where did you find that information?

What case number are you referring to?

Camino has filed the following as of 9-19: Black Mesa 0505 No. 3-10-2MXH Well; Black Mesa 0505 No. 3-10-3WXH Well; Black Mesa 0505 No. 3-10-4MXH Well; and Black Mesa 0505 No. 3-10-5WXH Welll.

That doesn’t mean that they are going to drill them. The “3” represents Section 3; the “10” represents Section 10.

Patience is the name of the game in the O&G business.

The multiunit well cause No. is CD2023 -001737. It was last heard in court on Tuesday, 10/3/2023.

Martha, the numbers on the 10/03/2023 court docket are CD2023-002088, 002089, and 002092. They are for Sections 10 and 3. Ten is 10-5N-5W.

Todd, The Black Mesa has been producing since January 2020. I have been receiving royalties on my part in Section10. Camino has proposed another four wells on Section 3 and 10. This has been in court three or four times in the last few months for approval. The last it was heard was on Tuesday, October 3, 2023. The results shown on OCC site shows DMOA. My question are related to this latest hearing. They don’t name subsequent wells the same name as an existing well, do they?

I listed about the 4 additional wells that Camino has obtained Permits on. The 4 new wells are also named Black Mesa, with different formation designations. The #2MXH & #4MXH are Mississippi wells. The #3WXH & #5WXH are Woodford wells. The original well and the one you are getting pad on is the Black Mesa 0505 3-10 No. 1WH Well, a Woodford well.

These things happen all the time especially in the 4th quarter has budgets get tighter. They may have more pressing wells elsewhere that they need to drill first, or they are waiting until next year or any number of reasons. Your current well will continue to produce until no longer able. Patience…

Thank you, Martha. I guess I still do not understand. Do they have permits for these wells or not?

Thank you Todd. Did you by any chance mean Section 10 instead of #5WXH for the Woodford wells in your last post? I guess I am confused as to whether they actually have permits for new wells in Section 10 because of the DMOA when they last went to court on 10/03/2023. It sounds like they are going another route now. Thanks for your time explaining this to me.

I’ll see if I can help, but have no idea whether these wells are going to ever be drilled: Black Mesa 0505 No. 3-10-2MXH Well. “0505”= Township 05N, Range 05W. “3-10”= Sections 3 & 10; “2MXH”= 2nd Mississippi Extended Horizontal. I will let you dissect the other 3 wells. These 4 permits are valid until 3/19/2025, but it does not appear that Camino has any immediate plans to drill these wells. Sometimes the best plans don’t materialize. To make it happen, the geologists, engineers, accountants, management have to all decide to drill the wells. What happens at the OCC is only administrative.