Wetzel County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Also, you can check permit approval online to see if any permits have been granted that will access your land. I'm of the opinion that if they are coming at you really hard, they may know something about your land that you don't.

No development plans…live in FL and wouldnt mind selling if at the right price, but dont want to be exploited for lack of understanding. Were you advised by atty? We have estate attys working for us, but not handling the interests in the mineral rights. I had heard that West Virginia offers were lower perhaps because people were willing to accept anything. Is the 6k basis fairly recent and reflect the market rates?

Hi, not sure the best place to post this, but I am interested in having some informal conversations/interviews with folks who own or have sold land and/or minerals in Doddridge, Tyler, or Wetzel counties, also with folks who have worked in the gas industry (Marcellus and Utica development, especially landmen and people who have done title work). Please get in touch if willing to speak, thanks! 617-863-7601 marcelluswvstudy@gmail.com

Imy name is Tim and I am having a very difficult time finding out information on my mineral rights in Wentzyl County. I signed a lease agreement back in 2009 for 5 years and have only received one royalty check for almost nothing. I have lost the name and number for the gas company but the PROBLEM guy that I was dealing with is Pete Haines. I have not renewed the lease and have not talked to Mr.Haines in several years. If anyone can help me with some contact info I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all very much.

Sorry that was supposed to say PR guy

Sorry that was supposed to say PR guy

You can go to The Wetzel County online records and put in your name and see if you find your lease. There might be something there to help you. I have not heard of the gentleman, maybe somebody else has. But he might not be working in the area anymore.

Tim:

I had a lease with Pete Haines in 2012 and it was with Chesapeake. Since that time, my lease was bought by SWN. Pete's email back then was pete@lklsllc.com. I hope this helps.

Tim:

I meant to say it was 2014. -L

Thank you very much for the info

I have already leased my rights; but keep getting mail from other companies wanting to purchase them. I'd like to inquire about their offers. Am I bound by the original lease--I understand there are legalities; but why would these other companies contact me when they probably already know that I'm tied up with the original lessee.

Buying your mineral rights and buying a lease of your mineral rights would be two different things.

Ridgetopcapital.com Feel free to reach out to us if you'd like to discuss selling your minerals.

Is there nothing going on in Wetzel County as far as new drilling. It had been active for the past several years but I'm not living there anymore so I've not been able to keep up!

John Six, you could check the Weekly Reports link to Weekly Reports from the WV Office of Oil and Gas. They usually come out on Monday, and the Permits section is arranged by County. The others are arranged by API (American Petroleum Institute) number, starting with 47 for WV. The next 3 digits are for county, and Wetzel is 103