Wetzel County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I have 2 leases signed one signed in Oct and one in Nov two separate properties. How do i know when they start drilling and when i should start getting royalty checks if any. Do they notify me or do i have to contact them? Thank you.

Seeking contact with mineral right owners in Center District who have leases about to expire.

I've been offered $3000. signing bonus and 15% royalty. I only have one or two net mineral acres in Center District, Wetzel County. Can someone tell me if this is a good enough offer to accept? Sounds like it may be, what with reading other comments!!

Jane, hope this isn't too late. You should be able to get up to $4,000/acre without too much trouble. Let us know if they're resistant to that up there. Seems like Wetzel would be the same value as Tyler, and we have reports of $4,500/acre there. Bump that royalty up. 18% is pretty standard. Some parts of the play won't bring that, but most will.

Mr. Nuttall:

Thank you so much for your response to my post of Aug. 10. Have recently, since this post, hired an attorney. Tried to reach you but got no response to my phone call. I know you must be extremely busy.

Would like to take this opportunity to say how grateful I am that you are here on this forum looking out for all of us that feel we are "drowning in our ignorance of mineral rights knowledge."

Thanks again!

Jane Johnson

Received oil lease from stat oil, 2 parcels 25.5’ and 20.3 acres in center district. I am lost as a blind man at th Grand Canyon. Flat lease ,blank spaces on primary term, date when lease begins,general warranty. I believe there are many others on this lease but I don’t know who or where they are . I have reviewed many articles . Is there help ? Thank you,N.hubbard

After signing, Once signed with the comany...do they drop you pretty fast? I had good rapport before i signed, now 3 calls and messages left i dont hear from the land (wo)man...

Does anyone know the creator of this thread, Anthony C. Moore or any relatives? I believe we are heirs on some mineral rights in WVA. I can be contacted at mwkiger@msn.com

Thank you, Marilyn Kiger

Hi Marilyn,

If you haven't received a lease or a request for modification of an old lease from an oil and gas company, then you could just hold tight for a while. Once they approach you, you'll be able to negotiate for a better lease.

If you're interested in proving that you own minerals you'll either have to head to the courthouse yourself or hire a landman to do it for you.

Wetzel County is a great place to own minerals. Even in this bust part of the oil and gas cycle, offers are starting at $1500/acre and 15%, and you can negotiate for a lot more.

I received a call from a geneologistAbout my family tree on some land in Wetzel co . He was checking fore Lonetree. Does anyone know about Lonetree & how long does it usually take to hear anything?

I know that Antero, EQT, and Chevron are taking leases in Wetzel County right now. Anybody receive offers from any other companies lately?

Received an offer from Antero which they quickly withdrew for not being in their buy area. Anyone else ever experience this?

I was approached by a genealogist, Melinda Weaver from Appalachian Mineral Title Company for DACEnergyLLC saying I was a possible heir to the mineral rights. I was skeptical and tried to find them online and could not. She gave me the name of the person she works with, Greg Jones and also to the Senior Landman, Janet Kimball at DACEngergy. Janet gave me the name of their attorney, from Spilman Thomas & Battle and I had a large discussion. Then, I spoke to the Assessor at the Wetzel County Clerk's office, Cathy. All seems legit and they are ordering my father's will from Baltimore County and I've been given affidavits to sign off on the family line. I am the executor of the remaining estate. This is all new to me and I have 3 siblings. What can I expect next? Apparently, their was a land acquisition by the company of 640 acres. Our concern is 1/16th of 93.9 acres and we are the heirs of the gas and mineral rights, only.

Also, not sure of our percentage and have been told all the documents are in and we are to wait for a lease offer.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Getting aggressive offers to sell rights in Green and Grant District (approx 20 acres) at $1000 ac including contract for signature (not just offer letter)…seems low. Any thoughts here welcome.

What company? We got an offer of $4600 an acre for 100 acres recently but declined.

Hey Mary…Keystone Buckeye. Willing to sell but looks like some are trying to exploit those who live out of state and don’t understand the market or what’s at stake potentially.

ive seen offers of acres per minerals at $2300 per acre and acres of royalties at $1,000 per acre in Wetzel…is this low or what? Any intel on current ballpark market rate?. Dont need to sell, but not being lowballed.

We are the same, don't need to sell but don't want to be lowballed and we were advised not to consider selling for anything less than $6K. Still don't know if we would have sold them. Do you know if you have any developmental plans on the radar? We did at the time of the offer so could be why ours was higher. They were pretty aggressive. We are out of state also.