Well Question

Looks like there will be a total of 4 one section wells… but I don’t see any permits yet. I need to go to Dibble to the feedstore this week. I will try to run by there and see if they have built a pad or not.

Here is a slightly expanded few of the stick map of the nearby wells (surface-bottom hole). This is before the new ones in 13 might be drilled.

M Barnes looks like a lot going on all around us, lol maybe we will be lucky. Are those Wells all producing wells or new wells going in? How will I find out if the well leased by Bays was or will be shut-iin in the same area that Casillas is drilling 3 horizontal wells in Section 13. Thank you so much for all your knowledge.

Don thank you for your help we were offered $7,000 for our 65 acre mineral rights. Of course that’s divided 5 ways I’m just not ready to sell I’m hoping for a good return but who knows. This has been in our family a long time. But haven’t seen much return in my 5 sibbling life YET.:blush:

The wells shown are a combination of past and future wells. The status of the current well and whether it is shut in or not will depend upon what horizon is currently produces in.

Don when you say 4 well in one section ( I’m assuming (1 well is an old well) does that mean it’s 3 new wells just in section 13 not reaching out into other sections? Or the wells are all being drilled and because of it being horizontal drilling it will reach into other sections? Sorry if these question seem silly to you but I’m just learning. I think the pooling took place July 25, 2022. That is what it said in the Cause. Thanks again for your help in understanding this stuff.

@Vickey1956 The Exhibit shows 4 horizontal wells. All in Section 13–6N-5W only.

Olympia 0605 13-1WH (Only black line in Exhibit)

Olympia 0605 13-2WH (Red line in Exhibit)

Olympia 0605 13-3WH (Red line in Exhibit)

Olympia 0605 13-4WH (Red line in Exhibit)

Martha,

You said, “The wells shown are a combination of past and future wells. The status of the current well and whether it is shut in or not will depend upon what horizon is currently produces in.”.

I’m unfamiliar with the term “horizon” in this context. It sounds as if it must have a technical meaning. What is it?

Rudy

Horizon is the same as formation.

If the current well is shallow and producing from a reservoir /formation/horizon that is not in pressure communication with the new drilling, then they may not have to shut it in. Depends upon company procedures. Think of a tort layer cake. If the first well is in the upper second layer, but the new drilling is deeper in the 20th layer, then they are not pressure connected.

Per 1981 Completion Report the current older straight hole well (Mowdy 1-13) was completed in the Bromide reservoir/formation/horizon. Per latest Completion Report it was recompleted in 2017 and lists the Hunton as the formation. The Oklahoma Tax Commission’s PUN Details still lists the Bromide in the Lease Legal Tab. In any event the Bromide or Hunton are below/deeper than the Woodford. The Mowdy well is still producing.

From OKCOUNTYRECORDS.COM It appears Bays Exploration sold its leases to Eagle Exploration in 2014. Bays retained the wellbore of the Mowdy 1-13. It appears in 2019, Eagle Exploration sold the leases to CASILLAS PETROLEUM RESOURCE PARTNERS LLC.

1 Like

The older well can also be productive in a deeper horizon (as in this case). The Hunton is right below the Woodford, so the Operator will have to choose if they will shut in the well since it could be inadvertently affected by a frac hit.

M Barnes,where will I find that information as to if they shut it in or continue it? I found all the information on Callias and the pooling. Haven’t seen what the outcome was or if it was granted from the courts yet.

Any shut in will be temporary. It is done to prevent wellbore damage when offset wells are being completed.

Shut ins for producing wells are usually short and just long enough to frac the new wells. If you received the mailings for the new wells, then you will receive the mailings for the decisions and orders. You can look them up on the OCC if you are interested.

M Barnes, I did not receive anything in regards to the new drillings only read where you and Don were kind enough to direct me that was the Cause where the pooling was and showing 4 new wells in section 13-6N5W. I am on the old original well and I’m assuming that’s why I haven’t heard anything yet. Shouldn’t I be receiving division orders if and when anything happens, but not sure what all that means yet.

You should make sure that your name and address are properly filed in the Grady County Courthouse along with any title documents. Notify the new operator that you have not received document mailings and ask what you need to do to get on their mailing list.

I reached out and someone called me back finally, They pulled up something said they see where we are on the trust and that we didn’t need to do anything. He said we would receive division orders eventually. Not sure what that is I know we have 65 acres of mineral rights I was told 1/8 royality. Old division orders from1990 well reads .0127640 Royality interest.

Yes, many of us are held by those old leases.

@Vickey1956 I drove by the section today. Couldn’t see over the hills so I don’t know if they have staked any locations or not. I saw no signs of any heavy equipment coming in to build location pads. May be waiting for the final order for the pooling. Usually takes from 3 to 6 weeks. Also, on the OCC site I didn’t see any interim orders for any of the other applications, which seems a little unusual to me.

Photo taken from the NE side of the section. Didn’t take a photo from the NW side although no signs of any activity there either. Just a higher hill.