Weld County, CO - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Jay, the original survey and the one to go off is from July 2nd 1875 and totals 641.06 acres. If you owned one hundred percent of 75.95 net mineral acres your royalty at a 20% lease would he.0236951299 The later survey of 622.78 is in the BLM record action but the approved carbon plat is the one from July 2nd at 640.06 Either you don’t own all the minerals or the operators title lawyer has made a mistake but regardless of which survey used it’s not adding up.

Steve and Jason, Thank you for the information but now I’m even more confused. I did make a mistake with our total since I am only calculating 1/2 of the total my family owns so I should have said 37.975 net acres. My bad. But you both have different starting points. If I use the 641.06 come up with .0118475 not their .01157607. To come close to their number the size of the section would have to be close to 656 acres!!??

Jay: call Barrett and see what they are using for the total acreage for the entire section and if that is their spacing unit designation. Then we can figure this out from there.

Called Barrett and they are using 622.88 acres. I found another problem. I have a cousin that signed a lease with Prima and then said they cancelled it so his share has been added to ours all along at only 15% royalty. Now I get to prove that the first contract was voided. They’ve been paying us for 5 months. Fun, Fun, fun…

The lines represent the direction of the well bore. If you give me your legal address down to the 1/4-1/4 I can look up the survey and tell you exactly.

5n 67w section4 NE…thanks!

Check the legend on the left hand screen. The lines, especially in Weld County, are often the horizontals, either proposed (green) or actual (purple). You can click on and off various functions.

The information is for general information purposes only. This should not be substituted for legal advice and should not be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or reading does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to contact an attorney for legal advice concerning the information provided.

There are many green and purple lines and I think I need to ask for more individual help and legal advice to understand what is actual and proposed on our section. Can you recommend help for us? Weld County, Greeley Area.

An thoughts on lease rates for T8N, R67W?

The offers for purchasing rights to my half have been coming fast and furious over the better part of year, but more so as of late. The highest being $75K.

3 years ago, I signed a 5 year lease with Contex Energy Company out of Denver. It’s my understanding that “Whiting” is permitted for drilling my area until the end of the year. The legal description for my area is as follows:

Township 10 North, Range 57 West, 6th P.M.

Section 30: Lots 1(36.95), 2(37.06), E/2NW/4 and NE4, a/d/a N2

Any advice going forward (sell or hold) or shared knowledge of this area activities current or future would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Rock

7.5 mineral acres. Thanks for asking and sorry for the partial post. I can’t seem to find a way to delete my post and start anew with the needed information and title to add.

Thanks so much Steve. That’s enormously helpful! I should probably hold on to the rights.

Any idea if the surrounding wells are newer and/or what their average BPD output has been? I’m having trouble with the online geo maps.

Rock: What is your net mineral acreage?

Rock: that’s a fair price, but there are real good Whiting wells all around you. Plus, Whiting spudded two wells on your acreage 7/9/14 and 7/11/14 with 10 more to go. That’s why the offers are coming fast and furious.

What is the status of activity in the Stoneham area? Our family has 1/2 interest in 320 acres 9 miles north on county 71 and would appreciate any information about this area.

Jan can you refresh the situtation, did you folks get forced pooled earlier?

If your minerals are leased i don’t know why you would be treated as a non consent leassor or considered a working interest and have to pay your percentage of the AFE.

1. The first thing to consider is whether you are under a lease. COGCC notices may be provided to you, when in fact, others are the ones that are unleased and to whom the notice is directed.

2. If you are unleased, then the options are (a) lease, (b) consent (the $6,000 bill), or © become non-consenting. Both leasing and consenting should be negotiated, while © really requires that you do nothing.

The information is for general information purposes only. This should not be substituted for legal advice and should not be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or reading does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to contact an attorney for legal advice concerning the information provided.

Thanks for the responses Jenna and Jason.

Jenna; 1. It is currently leased. The original lease was with Noble. They sold it to Orr Energy and then Synergy bought out Orr. The lease is through July 2015. There are three permitted sites on the lease but no drilling has been done by anyone. An interesting thing on the AFE is that PDC, Noble, and Synergy are also listed. How can I tell if any of this is unleased?

1. N/A as it is leased.

Jason; We have not be force pooled ever that we are aware of.

I have never heard of being charged for company to do a test well. Is this only for unleased rights? I have other working wells in Kansas and don’t remember anything like this.

Jason; I pulled out my lease from Noble and tried to read through it. As far as I can tell (novice that I am!) there is nothing about mineral owners paying for anything. I have calls in to Synergy (current lease holder) and PDC (new drill proposal). Of course, I had to leave messages and now have to wait for them to get back to me. If I want to dm you, how do I do that? At least I feel more knowledgeable for when I do get to talk to someone!

Just add me as a friend on this forum then message me