Value of Mineral Acres in Bakken

I've Minerals just east of Parshall, Vecta is drilling a well just south of my old place, probably in the spring, no leases as of yet, but if I was to sell some interest in my minerals, what would be the going price, any ideas? And how would I go about this, if I do sell? Thanks, Sy

And why, pray tell, would you sell some interest?? If you are in the area that would benefit from a well, the royalty benefits will far outweight the sale of the interest benefits...at least I get this from the minutes of the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Minutes. They have mentioned several times in their minutes the belief that the best money will be in the royalties and not the leases or sale fo the rights. Let's put it this way, if I had the money in hand...I would be the first in line to buy your interest as long term, the oil companies and all in the Bakken area believe the money is coming out of the ground...

THis is my two cents worth!!

How about adding a bunch of zeros behind your two cents worth, I'd tell ya sold, ha...

Seriously, I don't want to, but I was hurt 10 yrs ago from a big multimillion dollar company in SD, they got away with it, I've been fighting for years to get help, as I am disabled basically and can't get anything, I fell thru the cracks of the system so they say, SS won't help unless i get rid of the minerals, which I won't, but I am with out income or help for my back and it's getting worse as I get older, I'm losing my legs and arms now too, so unless I could at least get a lease, which for some reason I'm not, when I'm so close, very odd, I am playing with the idea of selling some of my interest, we have to live and believe me we live very basic, a good lease would help us so much, but it doesn't come. So like the Good Book says, I'm a knock'n and a seek'n...thanks.

Mr. Yetter:

Sorry to hear about your past misfortunes as I realize that instant cash is a very attractive factor. You didn't state exactly how many net mineral acres you possess in this area but practically all of this area is considered "hot" as past wells have been great producers. In putting a price per acre on selling these minerals, I would first do some serious homework by looking at the production figures on wells with a general radius of your acreage. By doing this, you can estimate, on average, what a well will pay on a monthly basis and take it from there. After you are satisfied with a price/acre, I would then contact the land departments associated with the operators drilling in the area to stir their interests in your minerals. Also, I have been contacted in the past by a couple of different companies with an interest in purchasing minerals in the ND area. One was Dale Land & Minerals,LLC and the other was Bridgepoint Mineral Aquisition Fund, LLC. I know nothing about either company but they have each contacted me numerous times in the past in regards to purchasing my minerals in both ND and MT. Again, the bottom line is to do your homework and don't get the short end of the deal. Good luck to you in the future.

Thank you Charles, God Willing, maybe someone will be honest and give me fair deal, if I have to go this far, a lease I would sure prefer, so we'll see, thank you for your info, I'm learning...Sy

I would sure encourage you to pursue that lease option first also. And, from other conversations on this site, it appears that leases are now in the $1000 or higher range...for 2-3 years...and then you would be free to renegotiate that lease if a well is not drilled within the time period of the lease. This could also be that source of income you are seeking without needing to sell your interests. As you know, once you sell them...they are gone to you forever. However, the lease and royalties MIGHT give you the cash in hand you are seeking...and you'll still own the rights!!

And, as Charles indicated (and I've noted from past posts he does his research well and seems to be pretty accurate with his research)...you must be in a HOT area and the HOT areas are generating ALOT of interest right now...more than they can handle!!

David thankyou, you would think it would be hot, but no leases, I've called 4 so far, none have offered or they aren't interest, keep saying I'm on the fringe, which I don't believe, I'm only about 4 miles east of parshall, they've plotted all areas east of me into 1280's for miles east of me to makoti and minot, our area is not even plotted according to the north dakota map, I keep hearing EOG has the monopoly in the area, well our lease ran out and not a word, yet they've drilled just south of my old place, but keep it confidential or temporary abandoned, so they say, yet drilling again just one section below my quarter in the spring so I hear. Well, oil is there and when oil rises in price due to the up coming war with the middle east, then what? I know they need a lot of the infostructure to come in yet too, so I know it all takes time, I just won't sign a 5 yrs lease and get raked over the coals like last time, be nice to deal with some honest people for once, I suppose I'm asking fot too much, well anyways, I sure appreciate you guys for replying and God willing, maybe I'll get a lease before long... Sy

Thank you Mr. Mallory

Selling any of your minerals in North Dakota will be the
biggest mistake of your life. Why would you want to sell when you can lease and get paid over and over by bonus money and royalities. Or sell once and get paid once and when the money is gone its over. If you lease you could have income for years that keeps coming in regularly. You should have any trouble finding a buyer because they will make 10 times what they pay you in a short period of time maybe buy the first lease.
DONT EVER EVER SELL MINERAL RIGHTS !! ONLY LEASE FOR MARKET VALUE WITH AN ATTORNEY TO REVIEW THE LEASE !!!!

You lease the minerals with a fair term and bonus/royality and you will not need SS.

Hi Mlh, Yepper, I know full well what you are saying, but you are not in my situation, I'm having to live off my mother who is retired and it is NOT what I ever wanted in life, if I had been treated fairly by the company that I got hurt at, but no, they got away with it, law was on their side, crooked doctors, believe me, I've been fighting for 10 yrs, not the statutes are done, I get nothing, I can't get a normal job because my back gives out so bad, I can't get doctoring cause I don't have a job to pay for the doctoring, I hear all that you are saying and I have no intentions of trying to be foolish with what little I have left, but were are the leasers? I call and they aren't interested. I don't believe them, as close as I am, but here are my minerals, T151N R89W, sec 12 SE qtr adn sec 14 NE qtr, I own 50 percent, I'm hearing of no one in my township getting leases, they say EOG has it black listed or something like that, no news is coming out of oil, what's true I have no idea, I just know that all the other years, they fought over getting my minerals, now nothing. So why is anything basically east of highway 37, along parshall on down, not being leased? I appreciate what you are saying, I can only receive if someone is interested, I'm waiting, but I gotta pay the bills too, it's not fair if a oil company is keeping us from making a living, just cause they want control, then they should put up or shut up, again if what i hear is true about EOG, they raked me over the last time, got 5 yrs with @ only 25 bucks and acre, what's that? Just be fair... it's all I ask.. thanks Sy

Yetter
Actually I have been in a similar situation and had to relay on family due to an accident that let me unable to work for a long period of time. Times were hard no doubt about it no money, no job nothing. But slowly found a way to survive temporary with very little. I ended up going back to school which was the best thing for me. It's where I met my husband and the rest is history .No matter what you have to do to get back on your feet do not sell your minerals. If something happens again to you after you sell your options are gone.
The oil companies are going to get to your area and no area is black listed. The oil companies are making billions off mineral owners oil. They are going to get every drop until it is gone. It is estimated that in 2012 537 new wells are going in to the Bakken. Eventually every section in western ND will have at least one well.
Just hold on longer and it will pay off hugely. At least another year. But if you are going to sell I would be interested and you can send me a message with the info. Which county are you in ?

Mountrail, my discription is on the previous, thanks, Sy

mlh said:

Yetter
Actually I have been in a similar situation and had to relay on family due to an accident that let me unable to work for a long period of time. Times were hard no doubt about it no money, no job nothing. But slowly found a way to survive temporary with very little. I ended up going back to school which was the best thing for me. It's where I met my husband and the rest is history .No matter what you have to do to get back on your feet do not sell your minerals. If something happens again to you after you sell your options are gone.
The oil companies are going to get to your area and no area is black listed. The oil companies are making billions off mineral owners oil. They are going to get every drop until it is gone. It is estimated that in 2012 537 new wells are going in to the Bakken. Eventually every section in western ND will have at least one well.
Just hold on longer and it will pay off hugely. At least another year. But if you are going to sell I would be interested and you can send me a message with the info. Which county are you in ?

Yetter
How many mineral acres do you have ?

I have 50% of two quarters, 160 all together, I had thoughts of selling 10% of what I have, maybe more if I was given a good offer.

mlh said:

Yetter
How many mineral acres do you have ?

I would try an auction, and have a minimum price that is acceptable.
mlh said:

Yetter

Good Morning Lori, Thank you , this has been on my mind as well, I've seen some on ebay, selling minerals by the square foot, ( not interested in that ) but by the acreage, so a person can have real investment or take on bids maybe, trying to figure what's best, provided no leasing at this time, so we'll see, thanks Lori for your advice...

Lori Block said:

mlh said:

Yetter

sy, id be interested in making an offer on your minerals..that is what i do..you can call me 214 718 1812, billy c bowden, dallas texas..

S. Yetter said:

Good Morning Lori, Thank you , this has been on my mind as well, I've seen some on ebay, selling minerals by the square foot, ( not interested in that ) but by the acreage, so a person can have real investment or take on bids maybe, trying to figure what's best, provided no leasing at this time, so we'll see, thanks Lori for your advice...

Lori Block said:

mlh said:

Yetter

sy, id like to make an offer to buy your minerals..if you choose, please call billy c bowden 214 718 1812, dallas, texas..thanks in advance..

I have mineral rights in richland county montana every since i was a small girl i remember getting royalty cks approx every 3 months my aunt Ilene Waldo who was and still is so smart always told us "NEVER SELL YOUR MINERAL RIGHTS" Now dont get me wrong when I was 20 I sold 1/2 of my mineral rights due to hard times and the money offer sounded so good "at the time" but about 3 to 4 years later guess what they are producing Im not bitter because at the time the money helped me through my hardships to all of you out there if you are considering selling hold off for a little while these mineral rights you have are so valuable and the will someday produce for you God bless and i hope everything turns out great for you Theresa Hennen.