Value of Mineral Acres in Bakken

Theresa:

Unfortuanately, your story is very common among numerous mineral owners who at one time sold all or part of their mineral holdings. You can read arguments both pro and con on selling mineral rights and each side has their merit in various cases but overall, if you can possibly hold onto your minerals, I agree totally with your aunt, Keep 'Em. This is one asset that generations after you can benefit from if the area is developed. You can bet that the area has potential for drilling or someone would not be trying to purchase your minerals. Good luck on your remaining mineral interests.

Theresa Hennen said:

I have mineral rights in richland county montana every since i was a small girl i remember getting royalty cks approx every 3 months my aunt Ilene Waldo who was and still is so smart always told us "NEVER SELL YOUR MINERAL RIGHTS" Now dont get me wrong when I was 20 I sold 1/2 of my mineral rights due to hard times and the money offer sounded so good "at the time" but about 3 to 4 years later guess what they are producing Im not bitter because at the time the money helped me through my hardships to all of you out there if you are considering selling hold off for a little while these mineral rights you have are so valuable and the will someday produce for you God bless and i hope everything turns out great for you Theresa Hennen.

Hello Theresa, Thank you for your input here, I appreciate the advice, so far I've done a little checking, I've recieved some interest as far as potential buyers or mineral managers, only to find that their initial interest is changed and either not interested or they believe there is a not much potential where my minerals are yet they are drilling a well just south of my quarter, here shortly. But also there word is they are going to develope much in my area for the next 3-5 yrs, interesting, how we hear the great need for oil, yet they aren't going to work at the whole eastern part of the Bakken, or what about the other deposits below this one, so I'll just sit on them, too much politics for me, but thanks Theresa I'll heed your advice..Sy

Theresa Hennen said:

I have mineral rights in richland county montana every since i was a small girl i remember getting royalty cks approx every 3 months my aunt Ilene Waldo who was and still is so smart always told us "NEVER SELL YOUR MINERAL RIGHTS" Now dont get me wrong when I was 20 I sold 1/2 of my mineral rights due to hard times and the money offer sounded so good "at the time" but about 3 to 4 years later guess what they are producing Im not bitter because at the time the money helped me through my hardships to all of you out there if you are considering selling hold off for a little while these mineral rights you have are so valuable and the will someday produce for you God bless and i hope everything turns out great for you Theresa Hennen.

You know from previous exp these oil companies are not dumb they know years in advance when and where the oil will produce and it leaves us newbes out in the cold thinking should i sell should i hold off and wait all i can say my friend is from my exp is wait and it might be a yr or two but you know what you will have something valuable and forever yours best luck to you. Theresa Hennen

Hello Theresa, Thank you for your input here, I appreciate the advice, so far I've done a little checking, I've recieved some interest as far as potential buyers or mineral managers, only to find that their initial interest is changed and either not interested or they believe there is a not much potential where my minerals are yet they are drilling a well just south of my quarter, here shortly. But also there word is they are going to develope much in my area for the next 3-5 yrs, interesting, how we hear the great need for oil, yet they aren't going to work at the whole eastern part of the Bakken, or what about the other deposits below this one, so I'll just sit on them, too much politics for me, but thanks Theresa I'll heed your advice..Sy

Theresa Hennen said:

Good Morning,

Well it's a little over a year later and still our situation hasn't changed, wondering if anyone has any latest info on what's happening and not happening in my area, Mountrail Cty, Banner Twsp, 151-89 SE Qt of Section 12 and NE Qt of Section 14 are my mineral acres, I own 50%, What use to be the Federal Land Bank, owns the other half. I again am thinking of possibly selling 10% of what I have, wondering what the going rate is for mineral acres, they are not leased at this time and because of the price hikes in everything, we are being forced to possibly move to a cheaper area of the state, but plan on renting out our house for a possible income for me, since my injury and decline in any help what so ever, still living on one income, my mothers SS, not what I had planned in life, but that the way it is and nothings changed in a year, so gotta starting thinking on what a person can do to survive. Anyways, would appreciate any help on the latest in the Bakken, my area especially, and maybe what minerals might sell for, if I should or if anyone would be interested in maybe 10% or 16 mineral acres, thanks much, Sy

Sorry but little change. The two wells, 1 west of you and one south are TA temporarily abandoned. I also saw paperwork in the wellfiles asking to sell oil but there has been no reported production.

Thank you RW, I appreciate your words, I was sure hoping for something better, but question please, if there was paper work asking to sell oil from either of these TA Wells, I know when I was there and they had been pumping the one, (west), man were there tanks there, but months later, it was basically cleared, I had heard because of the lack of infastructure, being they were generating power to run the unit, it was shut down, well anyways, so I'm guessing there's oil enough there, just not ready huh,,, would you care to give a guess-ta-met, on what a mineral acres might go for in my area? Thanks, Sy

r w kennedy said:

Sorry but little change. The two wells, 1 west of you and one south are TA temporarily abandoned. I also saw paperwork in the wellfiles asking to sell oil but there has been no reported production.

Howdy, Anyone have an update as to what's happening east of Parshall? Any leasing in my area? And would anyone know more about finding out what minerals acres might be worth, still thinking of selling, nothing's change in my situation and not getting better either. Thanks, sy