Utica Shale Play In South Western NY

The Utica Shale looks Promising From The Maps That Are Currently Available...What Is Your Opinion On The Gas Compnaies Going After This Formation In South Western NY

Zachary:

From what I have read, Gastem Drilling Co. has applied for drilling permits in NY in regards to the Utica Shale play. It appears the NY is on the southern tip of this play as most extends into Canada. I believe that success of this play in NY depends on how much intervention from NY state in regards to environmental rules is imposed on the drilling operations. It looks like this play has potential but will it thrive in light of the numerous gas plays around the country and with the price of gas taking a backseat to oil.

Looking at the “WET GAS” "DRY GAS MAP…Some Areas Of North Western Allegany County Are In The Wet Gas Area. The Past Few Days Gas And Drilling Co Have Had Allot To Say About The Utica Wet Play In OH & Western PA. They Are Saying It Is A Way Better Find And Most Likely Will Be a Better Pay Off Than The Marcellus! They Have Not Said Much About The WET UTICA Play In Western NY. I Believe That Is Only Because Of Political Reasons. The WET UTICA In Allegany County Is Looking Promising To Me, But Im No Expert!..What Areas Did Gastem Apply for Permits In NY??..

Mr. Adams,

Interesting comment from an apparently informed participant. Where did you find the comments regarding the Utica being potentially a better play in Ohio than the Marcellus to the East? I would be interested in reading these comments and as to the validity of the source.

zachary adam said:

Looking at the "WET GAS" "DRY GAS MAP..Some Areas Of North Western Allegany County Are In The Wet Gas Area. The Past Few Days Gas And Drilling Co Have Had Allot To Say About The Utica Wet Play In OH & Western PA. They Are Saying It Is A Way Better Find And Most Likely Will Be a Better Pay Off Than The Marcellus! They Have Not Said Much About The WET UTICA Play In Western NY. I Believe That Is Only Because Of Political Reasons. The WET UTICA In Allegany County Is Looking Promising To Me, But Im No Expert!..What Areas Did Gastem Apply for Permits In NY??..