Unsolicited Pecos offer from Noble

I live in another state but was contacted by a Land man to lease my acres near Pecos to Noble Energy for $2000 and acre, 3 year lease with a 2 year renewal. I literally no nothing. PLEASE HELP! Is this reasonable? Should I take the money and run, ask for more (how?) or what? Thanks in advance!

JDG…other mineral and surface owners around Pecos have reported making deals with Noble for $6,000 to $12,000/nma for a 3 year lease. Get a lawyer to negotiate for you and check this forum for others telling you of their experiences with Noble.

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

Tami Gurnard :sunny:

My land is Block 13, Section 267. Do you know if there is any activity nearby? Wells? I am from out of state and am wondering why the rush to lease. They contacted me yesterday. They overnighted me a contract. Thoughts? Next steps?

There are wells around you, lots of activity. Don’t know who has contacted you, but the hurry is probably because they want to sign you to a cheap, bad lease before you have time to think about it. You don’t have to sign. Maybe they won’t come back but maybe they will. Or maybe somebody better will come along. In any case, leases are VERY tricky things and if you have more than a couple of acres, it’s always better to get an oil and gas attorney to help with a lease. This lease might be with you for the rest of your life (and your heir’s too), so it is good to have the best lease you can.

1 Like

Thank you! I have 16 acres. Recommend a reputable one?

Also do you know where I can find a map of my particular land? It was inherited.

TVG…Go here: http://gisweb.glo.texas.gov/glomap/index.html

Look to the east of Texas Hwy 17 at the intersection of County Road 130. Yours is the 4th section east of Hwy 17 on the south side of CR130. There is a rig drilling in section 207 …2 miles west of your section right now. I think it’s drilling for Centennial Oil and Gas Production Company.

You ought to enlist the aid of someone who lives near your acreage to take pictures and check your property from time to time to see if anyone is doing anything to it without permission.

1 Like

We have used Wade Caldwell and been very happy with him, as have many others on this website. He posts on this website often and I think his contact info is somewhere on here too.

1 Like

Thank you so much Lawrence! That is super helpful. :blush: Do you know anyone who would take photos for a small fee?

Perfect! Thank you!

My family was contacted today by Noble regarding blk 13 section 267. Are you also a descendant of Araminta Archer Tigert?

My mother was the only child of George Truett Archer. We have hired Wade Caldwell. The current offer they have for us is $10,000 an acre/25%.

Is your mom Linda? If yes, she and I communicated in May and Oct 1994. We were both communicating with George Archer. He provided me with her contact info. We spoke and a couple of letters with data was sent. We are both Leo’s. Would she take a phone call from me again ending in 9261 on Farlow?

Hi Roy. Yes, my Mom is Linda. She has asked me to handle all her transactions regarding her mineral rights. I hired an attorney for her and have power of attorney. Did you have questions about that?

hello Roy49 I am a decendant of Araminta Tigert and contacted by Noble re: blk s13 section 267.

Yes, Araminta’s daughter Blanche Baker Tigert Forsythe. Blanche’s decendents, grandchildren, also were contacted by Noble. N’s offer never changed. We followed the path of a great-uncle’s decendents and have received much higher offer to lease from other interests vying in 13-267.

My pleasure Many. Tami

Hi everyone, I’m Steven Allen My great Aunt is Nora Hall Tigert. my family was also contacted by Noble energy concerning our piece of the pie. Any information on the lease would be greatly appreciated! I have been reading the forum to educate myself on this and feel the lease benefits Noble energy more than us.my family consists of two Aunts and my three brothers and my sister.I believe our share to be 8 acres total. I am told that one of my Aunts already signed the lease.

thanks again Steven Allen

I should also say we are in California, so we dont know whats going on there.

Thanks again Steven R Allen