Units in production

Does anyone in Ritchie County WV know if the Piper units are still in production? I have not received a check since June. Thank you.

Well, if this applies to you for Antero owners. Some of our heirs did not get royalty the last couple months. Antero says they came back and took back taxes for when the well or wells were complete. They say that taxes are owed when the wells were complete and put online. At that time they did not have names and such of the owners until final title searches and division orders were sent. Taxes for 2020 are for 2018 production because reporting to the state is two years in arrears. If your wells were drilled in say 2015 taxes would be owed for that year and so on until the courthouse received production numbers from the state. We received a letter from the state in 2018 saying production went way up so would the taxes which they did in 2018. It takes them a couple years to catch up. That may be what has happened to you. If you do not get a check this month you may want to call the company. This month check would be for June (2 months in arrears). This is for Antero and i am not sure about other companies.

You also might want to check the minimum check amount on your Division Order. Many of them say $100.00. You can change that to $25 or $50 or some other amount by writing a letter. With the drastic drop in product prices in the second quarter, many royalty accounts may have been below the minimum amount to cut a check. As prices are increasing, you may see a check once your amount accrues to your minimum.

I am not as familiar with WV production, but you can start here to see the wells on a map and maybe someone from WV can give the link for the production site if this does not have it.
https://apps.dep.wv.gov/oog/wellsearch/wellsearch.cfm

You can obtain production numbers for all wells in WV by going to “dep.wv.gov” and select the “Database and Map Information” page. Scroll down near the bottom and you will see reports for various quarters that you can download. They are in an Excel format. Companies are now required to report quarterly instead of annually. There is about a 1 1/2 month delay from the end of the quarter before it appears on this page. You need to know the well API numbers and then you can see monthly totals for oil, gas and NGL’s. Attached is the report for the first two quarters of 2020. Hope this helps. 2020 Q2 WV Production Horizontal H6A Wells 08-31-2020.xlsx (697.0 KB) Good luck.

Thank all of you for the suggestions. I will do some checking.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.