Two Oil Well Completions Filed Yesterday/Lynn County

Lease:

Arnold: Test Rate 195bpd

Thread The Needle: 162bpd

I'd think thats good news for future exploration in the county.

These are both in the Mound Lake area. According to the W-2's one of them hit in the Fussellman, the other in the Mississippian, but the depths for both were just over 11000. Shell Stephens is a few miles southeast of these two wells and only drilled down to 10000. Wonder if they'll come back and drill a little deeper.

Hi Josh -

I'm guessing you found these on the RRC website? Could you please share with us how to find this sort of data (if it's not from clicking through the links for each individual well from the map)?

Also, for us newbies, what is (the definition of) a 'test rate' (on Arnold), as opposed to the other just '162bpd'?

Completion data is great to be able to find - thanks for posting!

Paige

Steve, I've been reading the Cline Shale is 11,000 - 12,000ft. down. Is it possible theyre getting into the Cline Shale? Is it different rocks at the same depth that determine what formation it is?

Paige,

If you google rrc texas and then click on "online query", then click on launch application for the completion query box. then you enter the time period you want to search and count, then click on the record, then the w-2 file is what your looking for.

Thanks so much, Josh - I forget about that page with all the different query options.

We've been curious for months about the SWEPI well on US380 (API 305-30516), and found their report: ""Well temporarily abandoned. No tubing." and "Well Type: Shut-in Producer".

I saw that too, and am not sure what to make of it. shut in producer sounds good, but abandoned not so good.

Josh - Whatever the name, it's oil they found. I don't think oil companies or the media use names like Cline Shale at all consistently. The depths reported to the RRC are probably more reliable indicators, at least when an area is in the exploratory phase. We know there is some recoverable oil at around 11000 around Mound Lake. The SWEPI well a few miles away was permitted to 13000 but looks to have only drilled to about 10000, and it's not clear yet exactly what the results were. Good news, but a ways still to go. Steve

Josh Hatfield said:

Steve, I've been reading the Cline Shale is 11,000 - 12,000ft. down. Is it possible theyre getting into the Cline Shale? Is it different rocks at the same depth that determine what formation it is?

Paige,

If you google rrc texas and then click on "online query", then click on launch application for the completion query box. then you enter the time period you want to search and count, then click on the record, then the w-2 file is what your looking for.

Your right, it's oil they found...good enough for me. Thanks for the info.