Tonkawa unit 1 H

You’re welcome JCGilly.

Any word on the Verdun units near Shelby? Are those wells completed?

Update October 29,2019 I went by the Tonkawa unit site yesterday and a lot of trailer houses and storage units are now in place perhaps as many as 10. The RVW Trust Unit 1V looks like its quickly coming to fruition. I’ll Keep ya’ll updated as to future activity around the site.

Just Me2, Any RRC report on production on the Tonkawa unit in September? It should be out shortly can you post here when you get it? Thanks Hottshott.

Nothing yet Hottshott. I checked 3 times today and no September report was posted yet. Will check again tomorrow.

Update November 6 Tonkawa unit site. They have set up the rig and looks like they are fixing to start drilling right next to the Tonkawa unit. This is a smaller rig Patterson #885 but just as Pallus initially drilled the same exploratory vertical well first and then EOG RESOURCES took over and brought a big daddy rig in to drill the 15,000+ lateral and then the horizontal. This is a new unit within the existing Tonkawa unit called the RVW TRUST UNIT. This is a vertical well perhaps they’re going to find something decent and that would be good. I’ll Keep ya’ll updated.

Thanks for the update. I mentioned in an earlier post, based on the permitted total depth, this well should make it through Wilcox and into Midway or Navarro, but not to the Austin Chalk… unless of course they amend the permit.

EOG and Pallas have a history of permitting and amending the permit. Pallas drilled the horizontal on he Tonkawa and EOG completed it as a vertical. I have seen this type of behavior time and time again. Jack Stanley was a master at it. They di it to try and keep things hush on their ultimate plans so other operators cant try to figure out their plan and they rush to buy up the adjacent property. I have heard the target is another horizontal Austin Chalk well.

The Tonkawa well is still listed in the Tx RRC filings as a disposal well even though it has been producing gas for a long while. Records sow that well produced 6,500 MCF per day in August 2019

Oliver, do you think that They will go in a west, east, north or south horizontal direction and why did they create another unit within the unit?

My guess to somewhat answer your question is to understand where Pallas or EOG controls acreage near these two locations. EOG doesn’t report to owe or control acreage in this area based on their Investor releases of controlled acreage. I will say that if EOG believed that this area did not hold significant value they would not have laid a 9+ mile gathering line south down to Kinder Morgan.
At the depth they are drilling to (11.7K’) and based on other horizontal wells in the area, most of the horizontal laterals traverse south-southeasterly from the vertical well bore

From what I can get from talk of my neighbors etc the areas leased are mainly to the northeast and southeast areas around the existing Tonkawa unit. The lease I signed was 3 years with the option for 3 additional years. Since I am in the existing Tonkawa unit I don’t lease anymore but all my neighbors out of the unit to the east end south have all gotten checks for extension of the lease.

Hi Hottshott, Interesting. Today I received a certified letter from EOG in the mail containing a very small check for a very small fraction of my families’ total net acreage in the Tonkawa Unit 1H. The letter was signed by a Sr.Title Analyst who stated the check amount was to extend the primary lease another 3 years. I was not expecting to get a lease extension notice at all since I am already in the Tonkawa Unit 1H so I’m not sure what this is about. I plan to call the Title Analyst on Monday to see what he says. Not sure this is a good or bad thing.

Justme2,

I am just speculating here buy maybe not all of your acreage was included in the Tonkawa Unit so they are extending the rest of it?

Also received a check for an extension. I assume they will be drilling another well in that unit.

If you guys got division orders and have been receiving royalties you should be able to tell from the decimal interest you are being paid on whether all of your lease acreage was included in the Tonkawa unit.

Ok. I talked to the EOG POC today and that is exactly what it was. Apparently a small fraction of our acreage was not in the Tonkawa Unit so they wanted to extend the lease another 3 years for that very small amount. I guess I need to pay more attention to the small stuff after all. ha ha

I would compare description of the metes and bounds of the unit to the description of your lease to determine if any portion of it are included in the new well. If uncertain I would call EOG and ask directly. You should be able to access the EOG RVW Trust unit from description from Tx RRC website

Yes because they obviously are paying attention

Oliver, no, my 0.251 acre did not make it into the 66.50 acres included in the RVW Trust unit on file on the TX RRC website.