Tonkawa unit 1 H

Dusty 1 Thanks for giving us the final results of the Tonkawa. I still think that this well which was a research “tight hole” has a lot more potential for one day in the future EOG RESOURCES just doesn’t want to let go on. One thing is certain time will tell. Thank you Dusty 1 for keeping us always updated and yes I think a lot of people are still definitely interested in this well still. Take care

I am new to the reports and I am to far to drive out there and see if there is any activity. Since they have given a completion report on the Tonkawa does this mean they are finished with the well until prices rise?

Those reports that are generally referred to as Completion Reports are something the operator of any well is required to file with the Railroad Commission after drilling is finished and it’s been put in production. EOG took many months longer than the rules require to file those reports on the Tonkawa, which some of us speculated might have been because they were trying to maintain confidentiality while they worked on acquiring more leases or making deals involving an area. Now that they finally went ahead and filed the reports I have no way of knowing but personally doubt it says anything about the status of EOG’s plans for that area. The fact the well has produced huge gas volume for many months but almost zero condensate pretty well tells the story there.

Thank you for your help.

Its likely that EOG will walk from this area due to economics. Not including the 12.75" gathering line, the cost of the Tonkawa well was easily in excess of $13.5MM. To date the well has only made 3Bcfg. At today’s gas prices, this kind of Wildcat doesn’t work.

Just to break even, the well would have to make 8-10 Bcfg.

Any word yet on production for August on the Tonkawa unit?

Hello Hottshott, The TRRC website shows 197873 MCF for August.

Below is a permit EOG just filed for a well in a new unit they called the RVW Trust that appears to overlap the upper end of their Tonkawa unit. The permit says the proposed well is a 11,700 foot vertical wildcat. I’m also attaching the amended Tonkawa plat so you can see how the the two units are related.

If anyone has an idea what EOG is doing here and how it relates to the Tonkawa I’d appreciate hearing.

I’m assuming the reason EOG is able to form a new unit within the boundaries of the Tonkawa unit is based on the fact this new well will be completed at a different depth. Since it is being permitted as a vertical well, the same way the original Tonkawa was drilled, could mean they plan to test the vertical hole before they decide if they want to expand the unit and add a horizontal leg. I’m also wondering what the designations means in the attachments at the bottom of the second page that show LO RVW Unit and UN RVW Unit. Is that possibly designating an upper and lower producing zone?

Any thoughts?

EOG RVW Trust Unit - Permit and Plat.pdf (1.6 MB)

EOG Tonkawa - Amended Plat.pdf (647.3 KB)

I am pretty sure the LO plat is the location plat, and the UN plat is the unit plat. Just 1 well permitted. I am betting they saw something interesting in the vertical portion of the Tonkawa well that they are going after, most likely Wilcox or Midway sands at this depth.

RR, glad you are still on line. That sounds logical for LO and UN designation but the two plats look exactly the same.

If you saw the G-1 EOG finally filed on the Tonkawa that formation record called the top of the Wilcox 5900’ and the Midway 10034’. The next formation they show encountered was the top of the Austin Chalk at 14296’. I doubt the Midway is 1200’ feet thick but guess they could permit a well for a 11200’ completion depth, end up completing it a lot shallower and then amended their permit.

Anybody heard any new rumors?

Does anyone have a cot of the electric log for the Pallas Energy #1. Pretty sure the 11,700’ td gets them into Cretaceous Navarro. Can’t imagine them drilling a well there for the Navarro, but maybe they had a show in the Pallas Well.

Does anyone have a copy, not cot

Interesting, I just looked at the RRC website and only see results up through July 2019 (221664). Do you have a link at their site that provides a more current production quote?

JCGILLY

It’s there.

We should be seeing September’s production numbers around end of Oct/early Nov.

Here is the link to see the production numbers:

http://webapps.rrc.texas.gov/PR/publicQueriesMainAction.do

1 Like

I noticed starting this Tuesday a barrage of gravel trucks from numerous different haulers going down Hwy 159 and others. A friend told me that there was lots of activity at the Tonkawa site. I live nearby and lo and behold as what I can see and tell a large pad is almost completed. Motorgraders and compactors were busy going back and forth with numerous other trucks and equipment. They are really getting with it and its always good to see especially for this area. I’ll Keep ya’ll updated

Thanks for the update Hottshott!:wink::ok_hand:

Thanks for the info…I have been using the interactive viewer map at the RRC, then clicking on the production link on the well info summary for the specific well. It appears the interactive map is delayed by a month, it is still lacking the August production

Yeah. I heard from a reliable source about a month ago that EOG is looking for get leases signed in our area. So adding more wells in the area doesn’t surprise me. Hope it works out for all of us.