Tonkawa unit 1 H

Hottshott… there was a flame from the rig yesterday… this is good… correct?

If that is the case they obviously feel they will drill the area out further beyond just these 2 wells

Double trouble I’m going to check out the rig location Later this evening. If its flaring then yes it’s a good indication that They hit something. I’ll let ya’ll know when I get by there

It’s not flaring today… but most of yesterday A few trailers were moved out as well

Albeit that would be a quick drill time to do 11,700 vertical, they likely hit through a zone with hydrocarbon shows or they landed at TD and hit hydrocarbon shows which they flared off. Do you know what they are powering the rig with? Diesel or Natural gas?

Went by there earlier this morning. The rig, trailers etc are all gone. Only remaining is about 7 looks like 10 ft wide by maybe 60 ft long metal containers. Man, they must have been in a big hurry to drill down that deep so fast. It’s got everyone in the surrounding community stumped. Any ideas anyone? They should have named this site Mystery Unit instead of the Tonkawa etc. Its been nearly 3 years a mystery as to what is actually going on there.

Pure guess but I wouldn’t be surprised if you see another, larger rig show up there.

Since that first one apparently was in and out very fast is it possible it was a portable rig used to spud the well and set the surface casing?

I’ve been figuring this is another EOG research well, like the first one they drilled in the name of Pallas, and that it would go through a lot of different stages…all kept under cover. After all they went through the first time I can’t picture how there could still be more data they need to obtain with a second one. The other part I’d still like to hear someones opinion on is how they were able to form a small vertical unit within the boundaries of the existing Tonkawa unit. Only basis for that I can see is that it is targeting an entirely different payzone.

Dusty 1 Do you think if They do put a bigger rig in and find something in a different zone than will the larger Tonkawa unit be included too? I’ve heard oil units are typically half the size of dry gas units but I don’t know if that’s always nowadays the case because the Ramtex units west of Fayetteville go as high as 2,800 acres.

The rig set 9 5/8 surface casing to 1,971’ and 5 1/2" production casing to 11,170’. This pipe configuration doesn’t really allow for future drilling with a bigger rig. If they would have set 7 5/8 to bottom it would have allowed for kicking off into a lateral with a different rig.

It seems that they think they have something productive though since they ran production casing instead of plugging the well.

Any idea what direction they drilled yet? Still lots of trucks and activity going on

The RVW trust was permitted and most likely drilled as a vertical well.

Dusty, do you think they are going to do a second well in Tonkawa unit platt.

Reeves_Rancher Have they set a tree on the 11K vertical well? How many zones?

I just checked Enverus data and the RVW is listed as a DUC. No other infor has been added to the well

Just 2me or anyone else did ya’ll happen to get the RRC numbers on production on the Tonkawa unit in October?

October 2019 is not reported yet. September was 173,694 MCF for the month

RRC is showing 154,248 MCF for the month of October (used their lease query, per previous posting)

RRC is showing 154,248 MCF for the month of October (used their lease query, per previous posting)

Yeah, I was a little discouraged to see October’s production number go lower again. I keep wondering when it will bottom out and either stay flat or go up some? Hopefully at least the price per MCF went up now the cold weather is hitting the US.

It could be they had it shut back due to the drilling of the RVW well. Who knows? My first thought was the same as yours