They sent an offer to BUY my mineral rights

Ref. Copperhead Resources, LLC a Midland, TX company doing leases in Borden County

Who are they? What is the word on the street. Not lease, but buy. This has been in my family for over 100 years.

Hello Mary…possibly some activity in the area of your minerals or someone knows that the possibility of drilling is going to happen in that area…if you will tell us the Section, Block and/or Abstract # someone on the Forum can check and see if there is activity in the area.

3 Likes

Mineral interest covering the " SW/4 of Section 81. Block 20, Lavaca Navigation Co. Survey, Borden County, Texas, containing 160.0 acres more or less."

Mary I see where a dry hole was drilled in 1996 by Trio Operating…I see no new activity in the area at this time… http://webapps2.rrc.texas.gov/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=506909&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1Qu27DMAz8mnQU9LCNLByMop3bJmgGI4NiC4oA2TIoOW0BfXxpFwVSp3Mm8Y6n45FZcA4yCy5APCC2dZtcGN5a7Bp-hIX_MCc9jlEyarNkPnVkNlw2qt5y6kvYyOenQ02lmssOnfdusC8Ge5fi62Tw68eUdYFEBfQmnUO3D4_aeyJKQJMmHPZhZzS2Z6K2wG-yNHHp1mgjGzXq_l37ySwRKQNXSomqqGZUwslYN8SDS7MZuf3BQq7wtX41VtzrBPF39QpGbQ1erfjvPcSxWevmqCCyBMGzoqIAnkt6KyJuf9_lmt–0BvUXQIAAA

LEFT CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

S/W 4 is where the check mark is

1 Like

Mary, below are a couple of views of the current Railroad Commission map of your section. It doesn’t show any recent activity nearby, just previous vertical dry holes and one well that was previously producing in Sec. 81 but was plugged in 2012.

In the map showing the wider area view the group of horizontal wells about 3 miles southwest of you is the only thing I see possibly sparking new interest in your area. The wells completed there haven’t been particularly strong producers but the operator, HighPeak Energy, apparently was motivated enough by what they saw in those first ones to filed permit applications for two more horizontals in the last 45 days.

1 Like

The unconventional development is coming to your tract. Both the Wolfcamp and Lower Spraberry are productive there. You should not sell it cheaply now. In a year or two, the price per mineral acre may be over $10K.

1 Like

If that tract fetches $10k/nma, I will eat a shoe.

2 Likes

You should check out the production from the nearest 3 Wolfcamp HZ wells, then you will understand what I talked about.

I’m curious how you came up with that valuation. Those wells are good, but I’d be very hesitant to make a claim that the geology is uniform across this area. This tract is very close to the shelf. I own all over this area and am not naive to the fact that those formations you mentioned thin out the further east you go.

Well cross-sections show that the wolfcamp formation is pretty flat (maybe 1 to 2 degree dipping to the west) and has about 250’ gross thickness with good oil saturation (high resistivity).

1 Like

Hello, Alex9732. Do you know what Oxy was up to a couple of years ago with its leasing of a number sections as shown in the Any Oxy Updates? thread?

Permits only look, several High Peak Rigs on location. I’ll defer to the goelogists as to what the formation does headed E/NE towards you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello, PermianResearch. Do you know what Oxy was up to a couple of years ago with its leasing of a number sections as shown in the Any Oxy Updates? thread?