The new Forum Software

It is now December 2018. The posts I have been reading here are from August-September. I agree with all the negatives spoken about the new forum software / format.

My first question is … Have there been any format changes since these posts? If the answer is NO, then I will, again, comment that this new format is “user unfriendly.”

I believe in not changing anything unless it’s broken. What was “broken” with the original format?

BTW, I am so totally “turned off” with the emojis … this is not Facebook. It is suppose to be a forum relating to O&G business-related topics. Right?
Enough said.

1 Like

A better question might be “Have people complained since September?” If the answer is NO, then people have adjusted to change. The 2017 rental car has a bunch of “features” that my 2002 model doesn’t have; I complained about several of them for a while, but I have managed to adjust to many of them.

Among the things “broken” with the previous format was that it was run by a company that twice almost went out of business, taking all of the forum data with it.

There are still a few things that can be improved, but by most metrics the forum is healthier and more vivbrant now than it was on the old platform.

I don’t understand them either, but I’m afraid the only solution there is to go back in time about 10 years. I’m pretty sure that I imported emojis from the old forum, so one would need to go back further than that to avoid them.

1 Like