Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I just registered for this - anyone else attending?

**Drilling Down: Part III - Economic Growth & Challenges **

Thursday, June 26, 2014
Overton Hotel & Conference Center, 2322 Mac Davis Lane, Lubbock
Registration begins at 7:45 a.m.
Conference is from 8:15 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Join us for a half-day conference where we will take a closer look at Lubbock’s future in the oil and gas industry. Hear from oil and gas industry leaders regarding probable economic growth and challenges in West Texas.

$40 for an individual seat
$300 for a table of eight

Presented by the Lubbock Economic Development Alliance, the Permian Basin Petroleum Association and Texas Tech University.

Drilling Down Conference, Lubbock

Ray, is that right ? … LO, perhaps you should have done a little bit of internet research on the topic before you posted your comment. A few hours you say ? and would you happen to know the total depth of the Adair project ? …

Frack units still on the Adair pretty closed mouth about it anyone know flow back bunch on it my sources can’t tell me nutin about flow back on it herd they fracfing multi formations. Later DU

Sorry I haven’t had time to even report any rumor is that the Adair is good and they will be new drilling there has been over 50 permits in terry since 01/01//14 to date.any can call me. Have more time to talk than text I am all over the Texas & NM most days if you don’t have my number email me on forum and I will get back to sooner or later my sister watches the forum for me most days. Lots of good stuff going on all over biggest boom ever according to all I meet I am pumping elbows all over us really having good time. Sorry I did not make the meeting in Lubbock ge.did not get back to Buddy Holly Av until after 6 that night sorry pa

ADAIR…COMPLETION REPORT…6/30/2014…39 BLS OIL PER DAY

ADD…BEDFORD HEIRS SEC 3…SHOULD BE FINISHED…NO COMPLETION REPORT YET…SORRY ABOUT THAT, JUST GOT IN A HURRY

WT BEDFORD HEIRS SEC 3…15,000 FT TEST…NO REPORT YET

WT KNUCKLE BALL SEC 7 …15,000 FT TEST …PERMIT JUST ISSUED

BOTH IN BLK D11…BOTH WEST OF WELLMAN…DONT GIVE UP YET

ON THE WELLMAN AREA

Finally one good report for eastern half of Terry County. W.M.L. 91 completed test on 6/10/2014 producing 153.0 bbls oil 130 mcf gas and only 6 barrels of water on 24 hour test.

Hello folks–My sister and I, who live in Colorado, inherited a Terry County mineral interest from our father who was a landman in West Texas back in the 1940’s. It’s in Section 44, Block DD, NE4. We leased it out 4-5 years ago for exploration. Frankly, you’d go a long way before you found anyone more ignorant than me about the Texas oil and gas industry. I’ve spent some time with kin in Lubbock in past years but I don’t know that area where the minerals are located. How would a person keep tabs on any drilling activity in that vicinity? Thank you.

HI Robert Knight, you forgot to mention in your posting about the Adair well, that yes in the report there is the 39 bbls in the 24 hour test period, but you failed to mention that there are also over 800 barrels of water produced during that same period by that same well. Sounds to me like this well, Adair, would not make money if you are having to dispose of over 800 barrels of water per day, and we all know that if it flowed at 39 barrels during the initial test period, that by 6 months from now, it will only be flowing at about 20 bbl per day which is typical of the formations in this area. Bummer…

Well, shucks. Why couldn’t it be 800 bbl of oil and 39 bbl of water? I’d better find another way to get wealthy. Doesn’t look like this one’s going to pan out. Thank you very much for the information.

Mark,

GIS map of Terry County Sec 44/Block DD. Sec 44 consists of 4 abstract #'s. A-1590, A-539, A-1592, NE/A-1589.

Completion Report on well #445-32377:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?meth…

Sandra Liles

THANKS FOR THE INFO. NO, I FOR ONE DID NOT KNOW THE DECLINE CURVE FOR THE “TYPICAL” FORMATION IN THIS ARE WAS 50% IN 6 MONTHS. WHAT FORMATIONS ARE YOU SPEAKING OF ?

MARK…MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY…TOO BAD CR3 OPERATING WAS NOT IN THE “KNOW” ABOUT A 6 M0… 50% DECLINE IN THE “TYPICAL” FORMATION IN THIS AREA.

Hi Mark and Robert. The 50% decline in production over a 6 month period is the bad news, but the good news is that once that 6 month decline period is over, the production from the wells tends to remain very stable over a very long period of time. If you will go to the PUBLIC GIS for the Texas Railroad Commission, and pull up the map that identifies the wells in Terry County and Lynn County, look at the production logs for wells that have been drilled in the past 5 years. You will see a consistent pattern through Mussleman and Sprayberry formations that within 6 months of the completion dates, the wells are producing about 50% of what they originally produced in the initial 24 hour test and the first month of production.

Hello all, I’ve been following this site for some time as an observer, and just decided to join when Robert made this comment: “Finally one good report for eastern half of Terry County. W.M.L. 91 completed test on 6/10/2014 producing 153.0 bbls oil 130 mcf gas and only 6 barrels of water on 24 hour test.” When I investigated further, the completion report exactly mirrored the info on a lease agreement my husband just signed. So, my question I guess, is what all does this mean? I know nothing about mineral rights, and just started investigating when my husband came into some inheritance. Is there anyway to track the status at this point? I tried to ask the attorney we’ve been using, but to be quite honest, I didn’t quite understand what all he was saying either. Any breakdown on what to expect (if anything), in terms a newbie like me can understand, would be greatly appreciated. I’m hoping that it means good news for everyone in Terry County. Thanks!

RECENTLY LEASED MINERALS TO CR3 OPERATING CO IN N. 1/2 OF SEC. 22, BLK DD. WATCHING RESULTS OF W&T’S 15.000 FT VERTICLE “BENFORD HEIRS” WELL IN SEC 3, BLK D11

IF THIS WELL IS SUCCESSFUL I EXPECT W&T WILL BEGIN DRILLING THE “KNUCKLE BALL” WELL IN SEC 3, BLK D11

dang. sure it quiet here.

Drove down to Seminole yesterday. On the way passed by DEVON MINERALS UNIT 694 which is right off of the road. there was a bop installed and one welder working near it. Not sure when drilling was finished, but the odd thing was the rig was sitting on the ground off to the side. First I have seen that, usually those rigs are immediately moved to another site…

I am not as expert by any means, but in this case I think it is to differentiate with what was “permitted” and what was actually drilled. Originally this well was permitted to be horizontal in that they drill down to a specified depth and then turn the drill stem in a horizontal direction to go a certain distance in a formation. In this case it seems that they directed vertically, but not in a perfect direction, but rather deviated and drilled at an angle down to the specified depth. Don’t know why buy I think that this difference between “directional” versus “horizontal”. a petroleum n-ga-neer could give you a better answer…