Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Me too Ralph!

You know, before we get too pessimistic about the seeming lack of activity in Terry and Lynn counties, just remember that oil is still selling for close to $100 per barrel, and at $100 per barrel, drilling and exploration and production is still profitable.

Amy Ann White Smith,

Well I don’t know about very recent prospects for re-leasing in Terry County but I do know that in November of 2011, BTE re-leased our minerals (2-year lease) and did so at a much higher premium than the orginal lease.

That’s in Sections 20, 21 & 6 of C-36 PSL.

Too, the quandrent of the county (location of the minerals) probably makes a world of difference as to the current markerability.

that’s when we were leased again, 2011, $500 acre, 3 yr lease…with an option of a 2 yr lease, same rate, 25% royalty…but no releasing happening that we know of…and for the several oil co, i spoke too, all said the same thing…if they come knocking, take what you can get. i look at the last 3 yrs as just a big bonus & someday years down the road you may see a boom, but i don’t hold my breath :slight_smile:

Don’t let the oil co give you that poor me stuff the court house is over half full of land men they are all waiting and wanting to know what the ones are drilling are going to do there is about 3 area of interest that I can see in terry don’t want to speculate to much but it is good

There is leasing activate going on

HAS ANY ONE LEASED OR HAD AN OFFER TO LEASE DURING THE LAST 6 MONTHS IN THE FOLLOWING: BLK D 11, BLK 4X, BLK T, BLK C-37, BLK DD…TERRY COUNTY TX

This is good source if you want to keep up with rigs where there at free app. Mobile App rigdata.com/mobile-app.aspx

Has anyone leased, or had offers to lease near Section 62, Block T? There was some drilling activity to the south and southwest of this section awhile back.

Adair will frack in about 6 weeks rig moving to 213 north side not sure on sec no it l think close to the last WTofshore

dubose, any news on the Great House lease drill by Raw? that’s in Lynn county

MARK…I HAVE SOME MINERAL INTEREST IN THE NW 1/4 OF SEC 64 THAT WAS LEASED UNTIL THIS PAST OCTOBER.WITH A 2 YR OPTION

…OPTION WAS NOT EXERCISED…NO OTHER NEWS

David, that’s the whole problem, the oil companies must frack, then pump, then analyze how bbls of salt water will be mixed with the oil, before they determine whether a well will be successful.

All shale formations have oil, the only question is ~~~ do the oil companies have the current technology and ability to retrieve it from the shale.

CRAIG…YOUR LAST SENTENCE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD…OVER 100 MILLION SPENT IN THE PAST FEW YEARS EXPLORING FOR OIL IN THIS AREA TELLS ME THAT THER IS LOTS OF OIL DOWN THERE…JUST NEED TO UNLOCK THE SECRET IN FINDING OUT HOW TO MAKE IT PRODUCTIVE.

Raw Oil may have that secret…They’ve been pretty successful in Lynn county.

Send me your phone number Elbert , I cant find it . mark.delaneo@yahoo.com

been sort of quite look at the last 20 permits in north west terry this past month I have been to busy even to look at forum. David either to explore or create more volume of product

David, I spoke with Elbert Dubose a couple days ago and he said they started fracking Adair around a month ago. Accordingly, two or three weeks from now, they should have it all completed. I guess we’re all hoping they install a pump jack soon.

it does not take a month to frac a well, the most is two or three days , and sometimes only several hours, after fracking , the pressure is bled off slowly, to prefent the sand or whatever medium they are fracking with and then , they test . sometimes the test goes on for a week or two

just for your info , the " frac" process is nothing new, the oil ccompanies have been fracking for at least 65 years that I know of all they are doing is " frackuring" the formation using high pressure and sand, or whatever , and bleeding it back slowly to keep the sand or whatever medium in the fracked formation, allowing the oil to seep through