Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Robert, That may include the horizontal borehole also.

Adair is shown to 14,000 feet. Both wells are listed as verticals on the permit. Thought they had to note that on the permit if they were going horizontal…

Yes. Fun to see all the comments of those “in the know”. Look forward to watching this thread for updates on that one just west of Wellman.

Rch lets have a coffee in a day are so

Looks like the Adair is going horizontal now if these guys do it right terry is in for a boom I think they can do it. Just pulled in to Brownfield will try and keep updated

17000 new depth total what formation don’t have that figured out yet, 10000down 7000 out??? Look at permits

adair going horizontal makes sense. looking at plat they are going 4355-feet horizontal so still in the plus or minus 12,000-feet vertical depth. this would be same w&t tried west of wellman but never developed. w&t permit still shows vertical and is not a horizontal drill. e dubose try to snoop west of wellman and see what you find.

Yes FESTUS, exactly. That is some mighty expensive water they are drilling for if that is the case…

I don’t have a plat book for Terry, only Lynn. You east, west south, or north Terry?

I found out yesterday we are not getting released in terry or hockley counties…the oil company said if anyone approached me with a release they said I better jump on it …because he did not know of any good news out of there…Our 3 year lease is up and we were paid 500/acre…so I take it as a nice little bonus three years ago ! FYI!

West of Wellman passed through today 4 march of 213 I think re entry W T offshore smaller rig.

Most Lilley it is the reentry on Rowden vertical just west of the last horizontal drilled by WT OFFSHORE. I will talk to the boots on the ground later today.

What part of Terry county are you located Amy?

Northeast Quarter

I don’t know much about that area, then again I don’t know much period. Seems like Southeast Terry is getting busier from what I hear.

Section 11, BLK I 90 acres

Section 80, Block 4-X 160 acres

Terry County…just some of it…

THANKS CRAIG FOR YOUR COMMENTS…I ALSO HAVE HEARD RUMORS ABOUT THE SHALE UNDER TERRY COUNTY…WHAT I HAVE HEARD …THAT IT WAS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE SHALE THAT HAS BEEN ENCOUNTERED IN MOST OTHER AREAS…WHEN THE TECHNOLOGY NECESSARY TO HARVEST THIS SHALE IS DEVELOPED, WE COULD SEE A VERY REAL BOOM IN TERRY CO.

Amy, there has been at least 20 new drilling permits issued for Terry County during the past couple months alone. So I don’t believe it’s safe to assume that all oil companies have lost interest in drilling in Terry County. The oil companies are still applying for horizontal and vertical permits just left and right. Based upon rumors that I’ve heard, the shale formation in Terry County is too soft for current fracking techniques but that problem can probably resolved in time.

Craig, would agree that there have been some successful wells, but the ones I have seen are in older established fields. the newer, deeper wells or the wildcats have not been as successful. and as far as the shale, I remember talking to a driller in 2012 that told me the shale was extremely “hard and wet”. at first I was excited because I thought he meant wet as in lots and lots of oil, he said , “no…water”.

All I am saying is don’t hold your breath. No releases might be a bad sign…No ones mentioning they are released, right?