Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

you never know who the buyers could be old shell employees or brother after all it is just the oil business

Paige, send me an email when you can , I have some acreage in d 11 , block 84, My email is raydavis@embarqmail.com , thanks

Update on Shell leases for sale in Terry and Lynn counties:

I spoke with Shell landman today who’s responsible for that area, and he said they’re still trying to sell all those leases as one block. He said after the poor results on the well in Lynn county (lots of water, little oil), they decided they’d focus their spending on the Chesapeake leases they’d bought in Reeves county and area around that (where there are proven results, not guesses)…hence selling the speculative leases in Terry and Lynn.

Elbert, give me a call, I need to talk to you, I lost your phone number , thanks Ray Davis ( we are running out of time , I meet with my buddy on the 21 st )

That’s why Raw and Harness are having Dawson do seismic studies. They want to buy the remaining leases (renewals) without competition driving up the acreage bonuses.

WELL…COG IS GOING TO DRILL A SECOND 15,000 TEST …ROSS COTTON FARMS #2H…MAYBE TERRY COUNTY WILL GET THIS "BREAK THRU " EXPLORATORY WELL SOONER RATHER THAN LATER AFTER ALL.

So if they are selling the speculative leases, then perhaps after some company buys the leases, maybe drilling activity will pick back up in Terry and Lynn counties. Until they sell the leases or the leases expire, sounds like 200,000 acres are going sit kind of dormant and devoid of drilling activity.

Neil

Will let you know…I will have the opportunity to visit with one of my family members this weekend who is employed by COG.

The last time we talked, he told me that the second lateral was only

partially finished when they encountered some serious problems and they were not able to finish this part of the hole… Unlike the first lateral, they had finished enough so that they were going ahead and try to complete it with what they had. This well only produced about 37 bopd

after an expenditure of about $14,000,000 .To answer your question,

to my knowledge, they are producing this Well, but until I get to talk to him, I won’t know for sure.

Robert, thanks for the news. It looks like COG is going to drill a horizontal well a bit further west in Section 120 than their first attempt. Am I right that their first attempt to drill a horizontal well in this section was abandoned for some mechanical problem?

Wow…37 bopd! They will have that $14,000,000 investment paid off in about the year 2160…

YOUR MATH IS WAY OFF, BUT I GET YOUR POINT…THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT…COG DID NOT GROW TO THE SIZE IT IS TODAY BY BEING AFRAID TO TAKE A RISK …THEY HAVE BEEN RIGHT MANY MORE TIMES THAN WRONG…THIS SUCCESSFUL RISK TAKING WILL LIKELY CONTINUE

Robert, you’re correct that COG has been right many more times than wrong. From the information that I’ve obtained (production records) from the Texas RRC website, COG Operating is the “only” company that has the ability to drill successful oil wells in Terry County.

Dubose, I had a very good meeting with my buddy last sat, I think a plan is in place , it looks real good

HI DAVIA AND TILDEN…REDHEADED STRANGER…SEC 11, BLK 4X

ROBERT…I THINK YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD…FRACKING IN TERRY AND DRILLING PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH HORIZONTAL LATERALS

HAS BEEN MORE THAN A DISAPOINTMENT FOR ALL OIL CO,S TO DATE

HOPEFULLLY, THE TECHNOLOGY WILL BE IMPROVED WITH FURTHER ADVANCES IN BOTH DRILLING AND FRACKING TECHNIQUES SO THAT

TERRY CO COULD HAVE A REAL OIL BOOM IN DEEPER ZONES .

TERRY NEEDS A “BREAK THRU” EXPLORATORY WELL TO SUSTAIN ANY FURTHER EXPLORATION, IN MY OPINION.

WATCH THE ROSS COTTON FARM AS A POSSIBILITY.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Hi Robert. Thanks for the update on Red Headed Stranger. We’ll wish COG the best on their renewed effort to make it a vertical well. Interesting that several companies tried drilling horizontal wells unsuccessfully and then apparently going back in to try to make it work as a vertical well. I guess that the subsurface formations that so many people thought 3 to 5 years back would yield huge results if fracked horizontally has just not paid off like they thought it was going to.

I really like what cog has been doing I think 2014will be very good for terry cog and all of US

Ray, how does the cog activity look near ropesville - hockley co?

Hi Wes. Haven’t heard anything new at all. COG drilled Red Headed Stranger, but no completion report appears on the Texas RR site for the well. No well logs appear for it either. It still shows as a permitted well on the RR site. Not sure what to make of it. Dubose may have some updated info on it. Last rumor I heard was that it was a dry hole.

wes, I really dont know , dont have any info on that, , if I hear of any , Ill let you know

THE RED HEADED STRANGER MAY BE DECLARED A DRY HOLE, BUT FIRST, COG WILL TRY AND COMPLETE AS A VERTICAL WELL.THE LEASE EXPIRES NEXT MONTH (JAN) AND MUCH EQUIPMENT HAS BEEEN MOVED ON THE WELL SITE IN THE PAST FEW DAYS. WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. COG IS VERY POSITIVE AT THIS POINT.