Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

robert you are still living in the past and have your head up in the air there is a continuous effort in terry county by concho and others to explore in about a 10 mile radius of the 94 and dry holes are plugged not being done in terry concho drilled for over 150 days 6 miles from 94 3 wells west of 94 at 10,000 ft plus two 4 miles west concho has a 17000 permit 4 east so tell me there is no nutin going on in terry why did concho just lease stuff from us in the middle in the last 90 days you could be right but follower the dollers being spent you might be right no oil down there if they listen to you they could save money hu

there’s one in every group dubose, no matter if its online or in person.

No good news in terry county aye ?

How about 404 bbls per day on Sec 12, Block 36 C-36 PSL ?

Click here:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?meth…

BTW Dubose; could you tell me how far away that is (in miles) from Sec 21 Block C-37 PSL …& … Sec 20, Blk C-37 PSL ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

that’s roughly $42,000 per day gross income or better than $10,000 per day for the well owner

Craig, looks as if your sections 20/21 are 4-5 miles east and 1 mile south of the Sec 12 well you mention.

page you ar3 right on 4 miles east 0ne half south the well on sec 12 is a re entry in the old scales field I was there last trip. friend used to live at the tree just off the road. good stuff I think that 404 is some of the best for that field today

page you beat me just talked with larry he is in Ruidoso and I am in lubbock ha

I mad a run through many wells yesterday in terry hockley they are in flow back on the ross cotton farm trail mountain are pumping 3 0r 4 well drilled 12 months ago northern part of county murphy still in same visual as last time new drills to the west of murphy norton rig 4 I am hearing and seeing a lot of good stuff from here to the corpus I traveled midland odessa andrews lubbock lamesa I is really all crazy out there probably ran over 1000 miles in a circle new stuff ever where the rail head at brownfield looks like the rail yard in elpaso 60 or more tank cars ready to load oil seagraves has the same tank farm being built as brownfield 100 pluse sand cars in seagraves traffic on all the farm roads verry heavy with oil trucks If you have time you should make a trip through the permian basin guite a site to see and it is the same all the way to corpus I will be traveling the next couple of mounts through out the oil country but terry is my center of operation

Paige, thank you so much for looking that up for me. I didn’t know how to do it.

I hope that’s close enough to us so they’ll want to drill out on our minerals now, or at least release the minerals when they are set to expires in December, 2014.

Craig, I was just playing around with the old (not new) RRC GIS Viewer to see if i could find it. I went to the producing well on the RRC GIS Viewer by inserting the API number from the completion form. Then I clicked on “Identify Survey” in the Map Tools drop-down menu. Then I zoomed out 3X, and looked around the area. It was pure luck that the Public School Land showed up nearby, and it was the correct block and section!

(I tried the Survey/Abstract box, but that has always been SO persnickety. I entered “Public School Land” in the survey box, and it turns out it would only recognize PSL!)

I learn lots while playing around with the GIS Viewer during golf tourney commercials. :slight_smile:

I appreciate that a bunch Paige. I tired for several hrs a cpl months ago and could find some section and blk numbers but could not figure out a way to measure distances, etc.

Any news on Noble 134 or Ross 120? Rigs gone from both sites. Very quite out there west of Wellman.

Rig has moved off of hertel (just west of old Johnson gin). Anybody heard what the story is there?IMG_0006.JPG

work over rig has been on the proctor 94 for a week I am getting reports and pictures.they are now waiting for a bigger rig lets hope that it is good and that they are not about to plug but I also here that there is another co that would like to have the lease.

they have spent 23 days through the 17 on the proctor 94 been in and out of the hole several times at deep depths the pictures I get I cant count all the pipe.but it looks to be around 10000

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MAY NEED YOUR SPIRITS LIFTED, GO TO

MYWESTTEXAS.COM”… AND READ THE ARTICLE… “TOP PERATORS FORECAST CHANGES FOR REGIONS OIL & GAS INDUSTRY”…

Hmmm…thanks robert for the posting. I guess that fellow has not heard the news that Shell is selling 281,000 acres of leases in Terry and Lynn and Garza counties.

Well, my guess that it is likely that Pioneer and Concho are well aware of the offering of Shell’s leases. The main thing that I took from this article is the numerous potential pay zones that exist in many parts of the Permian basin.

I, for one, am not optimistic about the near term prospects for Terry County. It will take a “Break Thru” exploratory well to get things going again,… and that could be some time off.

I currently have 5 mineral leases in Terry County that have recently expired and another 6 leases that will expire next year and I am not expecting any offers any time soon. Hope I am wrong, but I cant see it

happening until we get a meaningful discovery somewhere.

Being one of those Shell Lessors, my take on it is it’s all about priorities. Of course I could be off, but Shell needs lots of cash to develop the university leases it has in the ‘proven’ areas of the southern Permian Basin before they expire. So ‘bird in the hand…’ - sell the northern leases for capital to develop the proven leases.

They’re trying to sell the northern leases still as one block (not broken up), and therefore their prospective buyers’ list is limited. Nothing concrete to base this on, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see foreign investment for them.