Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

rig is going up as l tex norton ldont have rig no yetui

Contrary to my prior post, it seems like it was always the plan to drill the Ross Cotton Farms 120 #1 vertical well and the #2 horizontal well. The #1 vertical well is shown on the plat map for the #2 horizontal well, although it looks to me like they started the #2 horizontal well first.

Update on Cholla Petroleum’s Hertel vertical well in Sec. 76 Blk D-11 C&M Ry Co./Hudson Survey, Abs. 803 (4 mi. north of US 82, 2nd section west of RR 402):

They lost 3 collars (or a string of pipe, depending on the source), so abandoned it and the Norton #2 rig went to O’Donnell. Cholla re-permitted for 50 feet east. The Norton #2 rig returned late last week and was in place per photos taken on Sat. by Larry Hertel.

Robert, I’ve said many times that I know just enough to be dangerous! It’s ironic that I had gone to the Cholla Hertel wellsite on Aug. 17 a few hours before Larry did. I took photos of the site, including the one below, not having a clue what it was. Maybe this will help you figure out the mystery?

PAIGE/LARRY…WELL, WHAT I SEE IS THE BOTTOM PART OF WHAT I WOULD CALL A WELL HEAD…MORE EQUIPMENT WOULD HAVE TO BE ATTACHED IN ORDER TO PRODUCE FROM THIS HOLE…WELL CAPING IS DONE BY WELDING A PLATE ACROSS THE CASING BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE. IN ORDER TO VERIFY THE PRODUCTIVITY OF THIS WELL A PUMP WOULD HAVE TO BE INSTALLED AND A 24 TEST DONE.

WERE THERE ANY STORAGE TANKS ON SITE OR A LARGE PLASTIC LINED PIT CLOSE BY?

ITS STRANGE WHY THEY APEAR TO BE IN SUCH A RUSH TO GET A SECOND WELL STARTED

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I AM A BIT CONFUSED , HOWEVER.

THE PERMIT FOR THE #2 WELL STATES THAT IT IS TO NOT BE PRODUCED FROM THE SAME FORMATION CONCURENTLY. ALSO, A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME LAST WEEK THAT A RELATIVE OF HIS SAID THAT THERE WAS A WELL HEAD ON THE #1 WELL. ( I HAVE NOT VERIFIED THIS AND IT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE INFO)

DRILLING AN OFFSET 50 FT AWAY IS MOST UNUSUAL, BUT IS DONE ON OCCASION FOR DIFFERENT REASONS.

THIS IS ALL VERY STRANGE INDEED… INFO. ON THE PERMIT FOR #2 WOULD INDICATE THAT #1 IS A PRODUCTIVE WELL IN MY OPINION

Robert, below are photos of the pit just north of the ‘wellhead bottom’.

Below photo was taken last Friday about 6pm, 8/23/13. This is hertel Lease, Well No. 1R.

Agreed. Especially if they could deliver on their name sake.

Re: Hertel Lease Drilling 1 mile west of old Johnson gin Robert, I looked back at my cousin’s text and he said “That is the cap set by drilling rig. The bottom flange and row of bolts is what a well head will bolt up to. Nothing has been done after drilling left.” He also said in a later text that they could drill another well and complete both at same time. We were exchanging these texts before I had heard what Paige was told about problems with first well.

A city of gold black or otherwise would be okay though…

my mistake…name of oil co…Cholla and not Cibolla

PAIGE…LARRY

A FRIEND OF MINE CALLED ME WITHIN THE PAST HR. AND TOLD ME ABOUT A CONVERSATION WITH AN OFFICIAL OF CIBOLLA . HE WAS INQUIRING ABOUT LEASING MINERAL RIGHTS IN SEC 75 D11 THAT WILL EXPIRE IN A FEW DAYS. HE CONFIRMED THE INFO THAT PIPE HAD BEEN LOST IN HERTEL #1, BUT THAT THEY WOULD BE GOING BACK IN THIS HOLE (#1) TO TRY AND COMPLETE AFTER FINISHING HERTEL #2

CIBOLLA…MIGHT BE A BETTER NAME WOULD IT NOT? CORONADO MIGHT BE TURNING OVER IN HIS GRAVE RIGHT NOW. LETS HOPE SO ANYWAY.

there was a work over on the hirtle on the first drill a couple of days after the rig was moved out.if any thing changes on that location I get a daily report from the ones who watch there cows on land near there the work over rig was there about two days they either pulled or set tuben on the first drill. then page was there then hirtle took pictures after the drilling rig was moved back in It had just a new upper drive put on the drilling rig so I was told . should improve the preformace of the drilling rig.all that you have heard is in line of what I have heard so they should have two wells producing on it?

Anyone know anything about Nobel 134? Rig is now gone…Nothing was onsite last weekend.

Any news out there on the proctor 94 or anything out that way.

Hi Pat. Does the fact that Proctor 94 was being drilled as early as November 2012 and this is September 2013 and we still have not heard any news infer anything to you??? It infers to me that Proctor 94 is another dry hole and needs a proctologist unfortunately. More bad news for us in Terry County.

the ones that drilled 94 said that(they are well financed and have the ability to be patient)