Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Well JW not sure what that means for me.I assume high plains energy still has my lease but not sure I would even know if it was sold to someone else would I .

Well this Empresa news is nothing but bad news on top of already bad news for all of us in Terry County in 2013. With Shell Western selling all of their holdings and now Empresa leaving, pretty clear what they think about the future prospects for this area. That sucks!

looks like empresa ace in the hole chk not playing they way they want there are about to take a cleanup and keep what they want they have already sold 20%of a lot of stuff in terry and hockley they only have about 55% left on a what they orignally leased they are a exploration co not a production co all part of the big game. are they about to double down on something or just move on I herd that they started with 400 million wonder what they have left.ha I will do a little checking, when I get time thanks for the info.E

robert how do you think empresa selling is bad they explore and sell they do not produce oil wells go to there web site they let others do the drilling so terry is no howard county looks like to me the drilling will go forward if these leases are not drilled the first 3years expire then the options must be paid just to hold the leases they have about six months to drill or release This just empresa 3year 2year option could not drill all leases even if you put the 1700drilling rigs in terry your are right not enough oil in terry,but there is some good oil there very good game I am just glad to be able to watch and wait we all would like to have a producer.

Exactly, Elbert ! It’s all speculation & nobody has a clue as to what motives each of these oil companies have, we they decide to buy, sell, lease, etc. Take for example a used car dealer, once he buys a car and then hangs a for sale tag on the window, should we assume that the car must be “no good” since he decided to sell ?

empresa holds about 83000 acres terry hockley and lubbock countys lets see what is sold on the 10 unless they can make a well produce they are history.Never know what a monkey eats until later.all co are watching to see IF it can be produced.

Mr. Dubose: Do you know anything about what is going on in Kent County. I have some minerals in Section 13, Block L (Just northwest of Jayton) for which I received an offer (very low) It is a little far north for Cline production and hasn’t been active in years (Last leased in 1963)

face book has a good articale about brownfield and halabuton

wonder how empresa auction went on the 10 I dont have time to dig for a few days

just a quick word the ross cotton farm well rig has been on locatation 120 days now wonder what they are doing

three drilling rigs running in site of brownfield

wellman the whole city of (city Ha) is being looked at for owners of mineral under it Little you may be lucky again

How is that dubose I dont know that I have any mineral rights there in wellman .

computer is going off I will try for the third time to answer David If your Gfather Buck keep the minerals when he sold the Store You would reseve them through Texas probate law even if they were not conveyed or spoke of in a will. But the rr co probably keep them when they first sold the land in the town, not always so.I will be looking in to it in a few days

ok thank you Mr.Dubose

Took a drive west of Wellman on Sunday. With the exception of the drilling rig still on Noble 134. All was quiet. No pump jacks on any of the W & T wells were running while I was there for about an hour in the middle of the afternoon…assume they are on some sort of timer. The two W & T horizontal wells remain abandoned. Well head still intact, so nothing has been plugged…

Looks like a permit was requested to (reclass) convert the PRENTICE NORTHEAST UNIT into an oil production well.

Previously, it was just an injection well.

Section 22, Block D14 on the C&M RR CO/JONES, B survey. (8 miles NE of Tokio)

Remarks: Prentice Northeast Unit #78 is currently listed as an injection well. Well to be converted to production and a request will be sent to cancel the injection permit once converted to production.

At least this appears to be some type of positive news for a change.

Any word on why Concho still has driling rig on Ross Cotton Farms 120 after 120 days?

What is the location of the Ross Cotton farms?

Ann, the “Ross Cotton Farms 120” is the lease name of the wells 3 miles south of US 380 and about 13 miles west of Brownfield - Section 120, Blk D, D&SE RR CO / TIMMINS, MRS W R ; Abstract 1899. API 445-32365 is the horizontal well, and 445-32289 is the vertical well.

445-32365 permit

445-32289 permit