Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

does anyone have any information of the trail mnt. "lockett well #4H ?

JDH Raw Energy LLC seems to have leased the most. That doesn’t mean much to me, but it might to some of you that are in the area. Other names are Cimarron Field Services Inc., The Caffey Group LLC, PPC Operating & Shaw Interests.

I have a friend with a drillinginfo.com account. They are a bit pricey.

THE LOCATION OF THESE LEASES IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAT THE COMPANY NAMES. I HAVE 12 MINERAL HOLDINGS IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN TERRY COUNTY PLUS SOME ROYALTY INTERESTS

Robert - re: Trail Mtn.'s wells:

We have some leases in Yoakum co. with Trail Mtn. that are expiring this year, and I was speaking with their landman a few weeks ago. They’d sent an offer to renew the leases at the same (low and out-dated) 2008 terms. Since we have an unleased 1/2 section contiguous to their Doornbos well in n/w Terry Co., I asked him about how they were doing there. Their Doornbos well (445-32329) is about 6 miles west and 4 miles south of their Lockett (445-31119) well. He said, “they’re not barn-burners”, and they’re “struggling to make them economical.”

I’ve learned from others that this could be due to lots of reasons, so it’s not necessarily an accurate reflection of the oil potential (or not) there. He said it’s “not economic to go’fast and furious” (with their drilling program), so they’re holding off for now.

Because of that, he was unable to improve the renewal offer ($100/nma bonus, 3/16 royalty, 5 years!), so I said we’d pass on the renewal.

I think most of the companies are waiting to see what happens with the proctor 94 lease. They began work on the site at almost a year ago. The last I heard was that they are waiting on a special type of fracking job. When that will be is a good question.

Robert, In regards to the location of the leases, they are sporadic salt and pepper across Hockley, Lubbock & Terry Counties. From the information that I pulled, I couldn’t see a clear leasing trend (ie: moving SW to NE). Perhaps the whole area is of interest and the leases that have gone through were the easiest to get. I imagine title in this area is a nightmare.

THANKS MYRAND AND PAIGE…I APPPRECIATE THE INFO

can anyone tell me about high plains energy how many leases they have signed or any other info about them

Have friends that have minerals there.empresa drilled nearly a year ago but have yet to complete the well. Something about a new type of fracking job. This may not ever happen

Does anyone know of any activity near Gomez? We had a few nibbles about two years ago but nothing recently.

look at the well just north of johnson gin 11999 feet the pad and pitts have been dug they are going to start at 11000 and go from there .frobert no action in terry ross cotton farm should be about drilled the rig was still standing last week. the shell western sall there has been 4 wells drilled by other co as fast as they can drill and the 5 pits have been completed last week only talking about what I saw from380 in terry and lynn county will be back over there the last 2 weeks of july just to chase oil stuff.shell is always on to bigger and better there is talk of the cline from ruel Texas to new mexico lots of maybes out there.

Paige-re:Trail Mt…my recent experience was similar. We have two leases in Yoakum Co that are up this year. TM has offered to renew at same terms but I declined since I felt they should have made a better offer. Their landman was rather indifferent.

I spoke to a lease hound who told me that with Shell Western trying to sell all of its acreage in Terry, that there will be very little drilling activity until those leases are sold to interested buyers. Then those buyers have to do all of the preliminary stuff to get plans off of the ground. In short, it is probably going to be a very very slow couple of years in Terry County. Of course we can always hope that Iran gets stupid and nukes Saudi Arabia LOL…that would speed up drilling really quick in the USA.

ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE MINERAL RIGHTS IN TERRY COUNTY LEASED TO W@T OFFSHORE ?

norton rig #2 is up north of johnson gin as of friday will be in terry 17 july if anyone wants me to look at anything lubbock hockley lynn or terry

Is it possible to check the status of the Murphy 61 - Empresa- hockley

Could you please check on the proctor well for new info.

PAT ADD ME TO YOUR FRIEND LIST i WOULD LIKE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU

Empresa Energy has a big listing in the upcoming Auction by the Oil & Gas Clearinghouse. They are auctioning off 31,714 gross acres of undeveloped leases in Terry County. This auction will happen on July 10.