Terry County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

david I have not heard of any geo in the are but If any worh the are I most likely will hear test well will have to be permitted dont think they any doodle bugging any more

Anybody know if they would do a new geo in the area of your lease or use old info and how do you know if they do a test well on your lease.

also herd that Halliburton has purchased said land for site deal is so done this just what I am told lets see when construction starts

Did anyone ever hear a final word on the W T Offshore well Red Headed Stranger in Terry County. Last I heard, in August 2012, it was an abandoned site. After they tried to do a horizontal well and it came up a dry hole, they re-applied paper work for a vertical well, but never heard if they followed up with that. I betting it is a dry hole unfortunately.

thanks dubose

Don’t think RHS was a W&T well. Speaking of W&T went by the site west of Wellman on 213 over the weekend. they have removed everything from the well head. spoke to a pumper at one of their wells and he sad they were all pumping way too much water. he said W&T was hot going in Martin and Dawson county atm.

Halliburton is set to start construction on their property north of Brownfield on the rr tracks.

Thanks for added info RHH. I am hearing the same thing about W&T’s future in Terry County. What I am hearing is that they are headed for much greener pastures unfortunately and that their original projections for the area are way way way under what they thought would happen a couple of years ago when they got started here in Terry. Too bad.

Thanks for the update RHH. Well, we all know what that means when the company removes everything from the well head and say they are pumping way too much water…Translation…Way more water than oil and therefore cost of getting rid of the water is more than the revenue the oil will bring in. Too bad. Not sure what you mean though about “he said W & T was hot going in Martin and Dawson county atm.” Thanks again.

Just that W&T has a project in northern Martin and southern Dawson Counties (Patricia if you know the area) where the wells are 200+ bpd!!! they are looking at drilling on 20 acre spacing.

Forgot to mention that just north of the W&T acreage (about 3 miles north of 213), Red Willow is set up and drilling on Noble 134 horizontal. So someone still thinks there is promising opporutunity there.

Does anyone know the latest news on COG - midnight rider well?

Has anyone heard any news on the new fracking job on the Proctor 94 lease

I WAS TOLD BY AN OFFICIAL WITH CONCHO LAST WEEKEND THAT THE MIDNIGHT RIDER WELL WOULD NOT BE DRILLED UNTIL THE ROSS COTTON FARM WELL HAD BEEN TESTED AND ANALIZED. PROBABLY EARLY SEPT.

Has anyone heard anything on the Raw Oil & Gas well drilled at RICH LAKE UNIT , Lease No.: 69936, 445-32282? The oil and gas production report listed on the Texas RR site shows that the well produce around 1900 barrels of oil in March 2012, and then some production after that until the end of September. Then from Oct. on to April 2013, 0 barrels produced. Can’t find any paperwork indicating that Raw Oil & Gas is planning to plug the well. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I HAVE A RUMOR FOR YOU…TALKED WITH A FRIEND OF MINE WHO LIVES IN MEADOW…HE SAID THAT HE HAD TALKED WITH A MEMBER OF THE MEADOW CIT COUNCIL. THE CITY OF MEADOW OWNS THE PROPERTY THAT THE WELL IN QUESTION HAS BEEN DRILLED. THE COUNCIL MAN SAID THAT THE CITY HAD BEEN INFORMED BY RAW O/G THAT THEY WOULD BE PLUGGING THIS WELL. DONT KNOW WHY THE RRC HAS NOT RECEIVED PAPER WORK FROM RAW O/G ADDITIONALLY FYI…MY FRIEND OWNS THE PROPERTY WHERE THE RED HEADED STRAINGER WAS DRILLED…HE SAID ALL EQUIPMENT IS STILL ON THE WELL SITE…WELL HEAD, STORAGE TANKS, AND DRYER EQUIPMENT ETC. LEASE EXPIRES IN JANUARY OF NEXT YEAR

I know the pumper on the well at meadow but he is hard to get in touch with but i will be over there in a couple of weeks will let you know what I hear

Thank you robert and dubose.

THANKS MYRANDA

It looks like a bunch of leases have been filed in Terry County in the last couple of months. Hope that is a good sign. Our lease expires this coming December and we would love to see something come of it. Wondering if anyone in the area has heard anything interesting?

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION CONCERNING LEASES BEING FILED IN TERRY COUNTY ? WOULD APPRECIATE KNOWING HOW TO FIND THIS INFO. THANKS RK